Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

My advice:

1] Scale down the size of your buffs. Debuffs can be big because you'll typically really want to know you have them, but buffs it rarely something you will want to look at in combat.
    2] Your screen is fairly small, the border around your minimap is rather large. It's not a very good combination. Also I suggest a square map because it's more screenspace efficient.
    3] Like said above, put something behind chat to make it easier to read. Will also actually make it look better. If you choose not to, atleast put the chat in between the top and bottom bars of your bottom panel.
    4] Try download "move anything" and move your own unitframe to the left of your cast bar, and your target unitframe to the right of your castbar.
    5] Move omen somewhere you don't have to look to the outer corner of your screen to see it. Also seeing move than the top 3 people on omen is probably not useful.
    6] Hide your bags bar, move necrosis down

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    My advice:

1] Scale down the size of your buffs. Debuffs can be big because you'll typically really want to know you have them, but buffs it rarely something you will want to look at in combat. There an Add-on for this?
    2] Your screen is fairly small, the border around your minimap is rather large. It's not a very good combination. Also I suggest a square map because it's more screenspace efficient. I love SexyMap. I abhor square maps because it's taking away from the "fantasy" part of WoW. It's World of Warcraft not World of Starcraft.
    3] Like said above, put something behind chat to make it easier to read. Will also actually make it look better. If you choose not to, at least put the chat in between the top and bottom bars of your bottom panel. I like everything to be below the border of my SunnArt choice. WoW is such a gorgeous game and I don't want to have an opaque chat blocking my view.
    4] Try download "move anything" and move your own unitframe to the left of your cast bar, and your target unitframe to the right of your castbar. See my response to #3
    5] Move omen somewhere you don't have to look to the outer corner of your screen to see it. Also seeing move than the top 3 people on omen is probably not useful. Omen is only up during Raids. Otherwise, I have 6 buttons faded there.
    6] Hide your bags bar, move necrosis down. I like to be able to see my bags. I spent a long time getting them all and I love Blizz's artwork for them. I do have Movable Bags so I can open any bag and move it around.
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

For buff frames: Satrina buff frames.
    I have no idea what you mean by anwser 4, and your anwser to 3 also makes very little sense. Your screenshot shows your chat half way inside the panel half way outside, I suggest having it eeither inside or outside.
    As for omen, its not about how often you see it, it's about being able to see something that's quite important at a glance as opposed to having to look away for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    For buff frames: Satrina buff frames.
    I have no idea what you mean by answer 4, and your answer to 3 also makes very little sense. Your screen shot shows your chat half way inside the panel half way outside, I suggest having it either inside or outside.
    As for omen, its not about how often you see it, it's about being able to see something that's quite important at a glance as opposed to having to look away for it.
    Sorry, that should be down slightly. When I mouse over the Chat, the tabs appear and they jut above the SunnArt Frame. And my response to #3 is that, assuming I understand you correctly, you want me to move my Unit Frame (which I believe is my character portrait and health/mana bars?) into the center of my screen? That would block my view of the game. Whereas people seem to like having the center of their screens filled with buffs (Power Auras comes to mind), Character Portraits, etc. I like to be able to see my toon and what I'm DPSing.

Omen is ugly and square. I hate it. But I have it because people need me to have it.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

This is roughly what I meant (A very quick 2 minute muck up)

[img width=300]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9708/quickmuckup.jpg[/img]

If you hate omen, consider trying iThreat or something alike.

Here's my UI. It's based on Tukui with some changes for my preferences. First off, I don't like the buttons that come standard with Tukui, it makes keybinding a pain so I disabled those and use Bartender instead. What you can't see here is ForteXorcist that appears just below my character to show my curses and dots on the mob I'm attacking. Threat meter is handled by the Tukui base.

[img width=300]http://i45.tinypic.com/bhwwaa.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Very nice. You uploading it once it's done?

Is that EventHorizon you use? I was considering this though I find it hard to configure and have no idea how to change the spells I want on it. Is it also difficult to keep your eye on what is going on with it at the bottom? I think it's a shame you can't make the colours brighter on it either. I do like it though. Would love to use it myself.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=16035

I decided to upload it.

Great ;D.

I play at 1600 x 900 screen resolution...what would i need to do to make it 'fit'?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Great ;D.

I play at 1600 x 900 screen resolution...what would i need to do to make it 'fit'?
    You could probably tweak the UI scale a tiny bit, your screen rez is pretty close to mine so it shouldn't take much.

15+ Year Old Account

[img width=300]http://i45.tinypic.com/15s0kup.jpg[/img]
    Idle mode

[img width=300]http://i49.tinypic.com/2hi6l53.jpg[/img]
    While in combat.

Left bars: focus target and its target
    Mid bars: me and my pet
    Right bars: target and its target

Overall clean and informative.

Edit
    The scrolling text was left on by misstake due to a newly made restrodruid alt so they arent showing on my lock.
    Shadow Unit Frame
    Skada
    Power Auras
    Quartz
    CooldownButtons
    Deadly Boss Mods
    are the only ones I use for raiding.

Ontop of that I also use
    Bagnon
    Prat
    Simpleminimap
    and grid as optional when needed.
    Simpleminimap
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

Really nice Bakis. I'm debating with myself whether to get rid of my raid frames and save some space, they're really handy for judging range for summons, or finding druids for soulstones, but hardly essential. Hmmm...

I think it's always good to be able to see who is dead and who isn't, etc, and see how much damage is being taken. It's not essential, but as your nice pretty flower picture showed, it doesn't have to be slap bang in the centre of the screen.

Alot of it depends how much space you actually have, and how big you want everything. I have grid tucked away in the corner, where i can see it, but it's not in my face. With my resolution though, I really don't have anything else to put there!!

Here's mine.

My latest mock-up ^^

Minor tweaks and fixes.

Result:

[IMG width=300]http://imgur.com/YFgOml.jpg[/img]
    Just a little shot I grabbed on Festergut haven't really changed anything but a few keybindings since I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevian
    My latest mock-up ^^

I like your UI Kevian, can you post a download link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferm-perm
    [IMG width=300]http://imgur.com/YFgOml.jpg[/img]
    Just a little shot I grabbed on Festergut haven't really changed anything but a few keybindings since I took it.
    Holy crap how do you play with that setup? There is text everywhere and why do you have scrolling text + cascade (or whichever mini combat log display you use?) I would have to guess you stand in a lot of fire at time lol
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

Just a simple UI. Does everything i need it to do. The Screeny is in a 5 man situation theres not much difference from a 10 or 25 man raid apart from more peeps in Grid ofc :P

[img width=300]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3/weefa5manf.png[/img]