Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warlock UIs

I'd like to say yes, but it's time consuming to enforce. However....

Unless you have made significant changes to Tuk's UI or need help with something, please do not post. From this point forward people posting a basic Tuk's UI screenshot this will be randomly selected to try out one of the following Hello Kitty Adventure Island inspired UI's.

http://img183.imageshack.us/i/hellokittyuisk0.jpg/ <--- My favorite
    http://pfcdn.net/site/t/content_imag...-kitty-ui.jpeg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/...f43390ab_o.jpg

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin
    I like
    BTW what addons are you using in this setup?
    Hate to be rude but what are the addons being used here? Kinda getting OCD about it tbh O_o

||<>||<>|| Zvix - What Went Wrong - Talnivarr Eu||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| Warlock Boss Movies -10m --> Nefarian, Al´Akir, Cho'gall and others!||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| http://www.youtube.com/user/zvix01 ||<>||<>|| www.talnivarr.com ||<>||<>||

@Skitzin

It's a UI package called LUI, seems he tweaked it a little bit with the DoT timers, but that's the only difference I can notice

Deleted

WTB Feedback in PM

The UI is made for simply displaying the information I need in combat, and because of that there is no wasted space on portraits, buff bars -- you name it.

And none of it is from any UI compilation or pack.

Nurfed2 Unitframes/Actionbars, Satrina Buff Frames, Minimap Button Frame, StatBlocks, simpleMinimap, ButtonFacade, Recount, Capping, Quartz, DBM, Chatter, Eavesdrop.

So, nothing really fancy or w/e.. Quite simple home made UI.
    Tho, thanks "Pandamonium" for the Pitbull guide!

Btw, this was the only raid-shot I had, very lucky kill on lady so bleh.. I hope it will be good enough!

Click the Image for a larger view :P

15+ Year Old Account

My latest FORTE SUXS ui but with very enlarged DBM bars cos hc LK is an extermly unforgiven fight and I prefer to see the bars clearly no matter where I might look on the screen.

[img width=200]http://i41.tinypic.com/t5ltt3.jpg[/img]
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, I'm officially curious. Why do you hate Forte so much? And not just the addon, the whole thing - author included. I think its a great package for people with alts that want a pre-defined set of watchers in a simple to use package, but you have a hatred that's borderline ravenous.

Don't make me overstep my mod boundaries and delete all your new posts until you tell me! PM me if you like.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Ok, I'm officially curious. Why do you hate Forte so much? And not just the addon, the whole thing - author included. I think its a great package for people with alts that want a pre-defined set of watchers in a simple to use package, but you have a hatred that's borderline ravenous.

Don't make me overstep my mod boundaries and delete all your new posts until you tell me! PM me if you like.
    Bah you know im a genle helpfull soul.
    To be honest the hate part is more of a joke but I dont like the addon simply cos it consist of 90% crap. With quartz and power auras not only forte becomes obsolete but alot of other addons.
    Forte is like a US run for presidency, too much colored paper pouring down and too many baloons and too little focus on the actual content.
    The biggest problem with Forte is that its visually goodlooking but gimping players cos its a pretty darn worthless addon /y I summon you Imp, obey me! stuff etc.
    Forte is one of the reasons why ppl use a ton of unneeded addons just gimping themselves. Smart move tho, making the UI look "fancy" making players think "oh, this must be a good addon".
    Got a hard time comming up with something usefull that forte can do that Q & PA cant.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Operate in under 2mb of memory while tracking everything?
    Last time I used Power Auras it took up 4mb of space for tracking 10 things. I can't imagine how much it takes up for you.

I didn't think Forte came with those /y macros automatically enabled. It's been a while since I full-reinstalled.
    However, I think you're focusing too much on the useless bells and whistles - its actually quite powerful for all classes out of the box, and I find that quartz sucks anyways so I go with a simple castbar skin.

I use NeedToKnow most of the time these days - slowly moving away from Forte.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Operate in under 2mb of memory while tracking everything?
    Last time I used Power Auras it took up 4mb of space for tracking 10 things. I can't imagine how much it takes up for you.

I didn't think Forte came with those /y macros automatically enabled. It's been a while since I full-reinstalled.
    However, I think you're focusing too much on the useless bells and whistles - its actually quite powerful for all classes out of the box, and I find that quartz sucks anyways so I go with a simple castbar skin.

I use NeedToKnow most of the time these days - slowly moving away from Forte.
    Yea NeedToKnow is getting more and more used as well. Dont you agree that once a player reach a certain lets call it seriousness with his or her gaming that they tend to chose more back to bacis addons, where for example "funny" features arent a priority and when the visual layout is only demanded to do its job.
    Dont know about you but for raiding I use 3 core addons, Quartz, PA, DBM then I have some addons that arent a necassity like CooldownButtons and Skada. Skada isnt a necessity either since threat is the only important feature and defualt UI can handle that okey but since it got all the other stuff as well I use it.
    Havent checked how much or little my PA use, not that I got a shortage of RAM but considering PA & QUARTZ enable me to use so very few addons im pretty sure the total RAM used is very low.

Main features:

Spell Timer
    Cooldown Timer
    Warning Sounds
    Self & Raid messages
    Talent Spy

Spell Timer - good but PA handles that
    Cooldown Timer - same as above
    Warning Sounds - not 100% on that one but im 100% that PA handles that if its something usefull
    Self & Raid messages - macros are hard
    Talent Spy - ehrm..

Forte is basicly a PA + Quratz but in one package and about 10% as powerfull, configureable and versatile, hence its bad.

10+ Year Old Account

Forte is really good! It was a life-saver when i first got to 80 and started understanding the class.
    But as i moved on i realised that it is pretty much useless. And the one thing that makes it useless is the lack of a castbar.
    Castbar = Quartz for 99% of the people. And Quartz tracks debuffs better, cleaner, easier to understand, less flashy, in an easier to setup package. That's Spell Timers sorted.
    Cooldown Timer? The sliding icons are ok, but PA is better. It takes you longer to notice what icon is sliding where(if there are two close to eachother you have to watch that slider for 2-3 seconds to know which one is where and how long it has till it comes offCD) PA is just better. You have one icon, put wherever you like, that doesn't move, and gives you a big timer so you know by just glancing at it how long it has left. So that's sorted too.
    What else does Forte have?
    Soulstone tracker? You really can't remember who you put it on? And do you really need a timer to tell you the CD? Setup PA for that if you really must.
    /y, /w, /raid macros? I'm ashamed whenever i hear the "I'm summoning a steed from nightmare" or whatever sh^&. And i really don't need to tell my raid that i just put up a summoning stone.
    And i really, really don't need to "/raid Soulstone on XXXX". It's either clear who has the SS or i just tell them on vent.
    Anything else that my 32 slot SoulBag doesn't cover? Guess not...
    You really don't need anything else other than:
    Quartz
    Power Auras
    DBM/DXE

People tend to get:
    Some OmniCC kind of add-on that puts big letter on your bars so you know instantly how long it has... PA does the same thing but mine came with the UI and i let it there
    Recount you really don't need. It's distracting if left on in combat and does nothing after it. If you're trying to maximize dps and get first place on that add-on you're doing it wrong! You should focus on getting the big, ugly,menacing thing dead!
    Omen is only usefull if you tank or have aggro problems. I'm tanking Keleseth so it's in there.

As a personal preference:
    TipTop - i use it to tell me the spec of the one i'm mousingover(Destruction 0/13/58 way). It's nice when you're in pugs. Useless otherwise!
    AdvancedTradeSkillWindow - makes it easier for me to do enchants and stuff
    EasyMail - SelectAll - Get attachments - no need to say anything else
    RatingBuster - is really nice
    I could live without all of these but they're nice to have around.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

15+ Year Old Account

I use 3 addon types as well:

DoT/Spell Timer
    Buff/Debuff Timer
    DXE

Everything else for me is fluff. I use bag mods, bar mods, unit frames mods, grid, bartender, chatter, etc, but to raid I only technically need those three.

And yeah Bakis, you do revert to more and more basic addons as you get more experienced, but I don't think thats because you're better. Rather you require less information to do the same job, or you know exactly what you need and don't need. This is one of the strengths for Forte - it has feedback from semi-decent players on what is important for each spec/class, so these timers come as default for those classes. For example, on my Ret Paladin when I first started, I asked myself "Why does Forte automatically track Vengeance Stacks? That seems unnecessary" and then I realized my stacks were falling off during target swaps on Gormokk. I wouldn't have made the connection so soon if Forte didn't point me in the right direction.

I keep it installed because I'm not amazing on my alts, but I do see a day where I don't need it (Cataclysm I'm limiting myself to two characters, not this 5 bullshit)

R.I.P. YARG

Hi,

After reading multiple post here that praised and burned Forte i decided to try it myself and i tend to agree with Bakis, it is way too loaded with stuff i do not need, i found myself turning off most functions.

Now that i use PA and quartz i wonder what u guys use to show enemy debuffs, and where u display them. i'm talking mostly about special debuffs, my demo dots and debuff are in PA but for example the bronze drake debuff in oculus.

o and my unitframes consist of metahud and the picture of the enemy from stuf.
    ( http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/avesui )

--
    Greetz,
    Robert, The Netherlands.

15+ Year Old Account

Victory!

I tend to take a liking to simple UI's.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891
    Not really an UI but something im working on:

Unit frames / maybe a mainbar later on.

Left: the warlock bar with petbar and right the target bar
    Definitely interested in this
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher
    Definitely interested in this
    Im so happy im not the only one who had a short time physical enjoyment of watching that Unitframe. Definetly Awesome Made for Cata!

My UI