Yogg 25 or Hardmodes?

We should have our first kill of General V tonight. Some people are talking about moving onto hardmodes next to help "gear up for Yogg." It seems to me that people are downing Yogg and then working toward hardmodes and eventually Algalon. How have others been handling this?

Re: Yogg 25 or Hardmodes?

Don't gear up through hardmodes to kill Yogg. He's a joke in normal mode.

Would suggest going then for a few harder modes. Going Freye one add up, going Iron Council (first big guy, then small guy and then kite last one (not that hard)) but focus should be Yogg in my eyes

15+ Year Old Account

Do hardmodes on your way to Yogg? Try FL hardmode, if you cant do 4T, do 3T, if you cant do 3T, do 2T, etc. Also, many hardmodes are essentially speed kills. Trying to kill them as fast as you can isn't really an adjustment. Ignis, XT, Hodir, and even Thorim are all speed kills essentially. If you can dps harder and faster, you should have no problem. But that doesnt mean you can't still do attempts on Yogg on the last day of your raid week.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

You need to do yogg before hard modes. It's the only normal mode fight where each role needs to know what they are doing, scept maybe healing. There isn't much damage in this fight (if you do it right)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Yogg normal mode is a lot less gear dependent compared to a number of the hardmodes in ulduar. Depending on your guilds dps Xt hardmode would be a simple one to start collecting gear with. Fl 4 towers is a bit of a joke since its nerf you may wish to take the time on learning that fight also. I would not hinder progress on getting Yogg down for hardmodes if your raid is not relativly geared. Without the gear Xt enrage can be fairly tight.

Personally i would do yogg and then begin on the hardmodes, its really dependent on the raid. If you have a majority of your raid pulling 6k dps do Xt if 8 people pulling the high figures and the rest are way down with 3k. I would focus more on gearing your raid up first.

If you haven't done Yogg 25man Normal Mode don't even attempt to do hardmodes. Hardmodes are meant to be "above and beyond" normal Ulduar, and if you haven't done normal Ulduar then there isn't much point in trying.

Also, if you're going to do hard modes to gear up for Yogg saron, it really isn't neccassary, and you probably wouldn't be able to do it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

FL HM is a joke, so yes imo you can spend a day to get that down.
    Apart from that most of the hard modes are harder then Yogg+4 and i would really suggest to get that down first.
    Shouldn't take you that long and the "completed" factor might be a nice boost to motivate your raiders into HM content.

thanks for all of the solid and quick responses. I figured Yogg first then hardmodes, but wanted confirmation.