Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Class Q&A Series: Warrior

It's rediculous that Blizzard cant just admit that Deathknight DPS is unbelievably out of control and they want it that way for the duration of this expansion.

Every DPS chart you see from a High-End End-Game guild the Deathknight is always WAY above everyone else.

Good Example:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ly/yoggdms.jpg

But this post is just sour grapes.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

AH BLIZZARD YOU NEVER FAIL TO DISAPOINT ;D SO TWO BIG
    ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    I am the Dark Lord of the Sith,
    Ultimate strength in the Universe.
    I understand my feelings and control them,
    And fear is my ally.

1) Paladin Q&A released
    2) Paladin community: OMG you haven't addressed any of our issues, I'm rerolling to my Druid, the Paladin is finished as a class
    3) Druid Q&A released
    4) Druid community: OMG you haven't addressed any of our issues, I'm rerolling to my Warrior, the Druid is finished as a class
    5) Warrior Q&A released
    6) Warrior community: OMG you haven't addressed any of our issues, I'm rerolling to my DK, the Druid is finished as a class
    7) DK community: No need to even look at the Q&A, just look at the patch notes, 3.2 = Death to the Death Knight patch

Seriously, every change that's ever released, the Blizzard maxim holds true "We are going to release a bunch of changes. Each one of you is going to think that their class has been nerfed into the ground unfairly and everyone else's class is totally OP". One thing I will agree with you people on though, these Q&A's were a colossal waste of time and Blizzard should have known it. They should just cut out all communication with every community of players out there- communicating is surely more grief than it's worth...

A disappointing Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon
    Each one of you is going to think that their class has been nerfed into the ground unfairly
    I don't think this at all. I just want the issues with my class addressed and then fixed. Not sugar coated and ignored.
    (80) - (80)
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

First this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

A. Strength is good for dps and threat. It’s not a super mitigation stat (through block) but we also don’t know that it needs to be.
    You dont know. Right. Then what the f*** are you getting paid for?

They avoided answering all the "more important" questions.
    Kinda disappointed with this one.

Really good read gave me a lot of good information on what they are planning to do in the future.

Can't wait for another one of these so I can improve upon my learning of how GC goes about issues!

Why even waste the time to make one of these they're so poinless.

hahahaha
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Complete and utter bullshit WTF nerf one of our best threat moves becuase of PVP Blizz get off your lazy asses and start scripting shit to do 1 thing in pvp and a complete other in pve.

EXP.......... Shield slam on mob does 8kdmg same shield slam on some allie dwarf scum 2.5k not hard just l2script

Kind of amusing how you can read the age of players by how they react to blue posts.

To start: I am a warlock. My Q&A was alright, and about what I expected. This is a long post, because I'm bored with warriors whining about how bad things are. Eventually you'll accept that you're hybrids and deal with that like everyone else has to.

Q&A, what they are not:
    -"Yes, we'll buff this" response to gotcha questions.
    -"You're right, that fundamental part of your class's kit -is- both neat and obnoxious. We'll remove it and leave the neat behind."
    -Copy and paste of previous blue posts which you should read if you actually care about your class

Q&A, what they are:
    -Discussion about the philosophical ideas, the development, the design behind each class. (You know, answers to the ever-popular "Fine then Blizz, what do -you- see our class as?!" forum questions)
    -General descriptions of where the classes are going and how the dev team sees them
    -Answers to a wide variety of threads/forums, from around the world

Mostly going to focus on debunking the DPS myths here. Tanks seem to be an exceptionally weird crowd lately and every one of them thinks they're the worst class for it, so I see no point in even trying to make a point there.

As far as "we see warriors as being in line with hybrid dps", a couple thoughts:
    1) DKs&Ferals are not the entire list of hybrids. Somebody has to be last on the list, maybe it's you right now. Fun? No. Fair? Likely.
    2) Ferals are getting nerfed in 3.2, though not as dramatically as you might want. Blizz is possibly over-estimating the difficulty of the rotation, in justifying damage. We'll see.
    3) DKs' dps has some situationally goofy abilities, like wandering plague. Of course their goddamned Yogg dps is high. Unholy blight is getting changed from AOE to ST, so unholy DKs' ability to exploit those situations is going down.
    4) Elsewise, yes, DK dps could be high. Honestly, the skilled DK and warrior players I group with don't seem to put out dramatically different numbers. You can argue the DKs I know are bad. I can argue the warriors you know are bad.

While we're at it, let's take a look at some of this "omg DKs r op omg" crap:
    First, WMO's damage to boss charts:
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dtb/all/7/0/3
    Ok, no DKs or Wars on Algalon, Yogg, Vezax, VezaxH.
    -Freya: DK, 11th. Warrior, 14th, Warrior 16th, DK, 20th.
    -FreyaH: warrior, 3rd, DK 4th (and almost 9% behind), then another DK down at 18th
    -Thorim: warrior 6th, no DKs
    -ThorimH: DK 6th, 16th, warrior 20th. All pretty solid.
    -Hodir: Frost DK 13th, lolFS.
    -MimiH: warrior 2nd, DK 4th,
    -Kolo: warriors 1,2,5, and 18. One DK, 14th
    -Couple DKs low on IC hard
    -Ignis: war 2nd, DK 4th, war 6th, war 11th, 15th, 17th, DK 19th
    -XT: DK 7th, war 18th
    -XT hard: war 3rd, DK 6th
    Ok, that's an interesting picture

Now, all DPS:
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/7/0/3
    -Algalon: war 4th, 6th, DK 7th, 17th
    -Yogg, DK 2nd, warriors 6th and 8th
    -Freya, couple DKs here (YayOE)
    -FreyaH, couple DKs here (YayOE)
    -Thorim, DK 1st, warrior third, but generally DK dominated
    -ThorimH: warriors 4th, 6th, no DKs
    -Mimi: Warriors very strong here, couple DK
    -MimiH: Wars 1st/3rd, DK 4th
    -Auriaya: lolfight, most of the records from before the add numbers got reduced, DKs 1st/2nd :P
    -Kolo, DKs pull ahead dpsin' those arms!
    -IC hard: hey some DKs, no wars
    -Ignis: DK 2nd, war 4th, DK 11th, war 12th, war 19th

Do you get the point yet? I could probably spell it out more clearly, but some of you need practice reading anyways.
    I'm fairly comfortable saying that DK and warrior damage is generally equitable. DKs, like rogues, abuse some AOE situations right now, and that is being addressed in 3.2 a bit.

Cats, would take a separate analysis but they are definitely strong. And getting nerfed. Hmm.

If you don't get anything out of Q&As, don't read them. They're discussing design. They are not discussing the problems you have getting respect from your guild.

Yes, this is basically a long "l2p and shut up" post. Have a nice day.

flammable

I'm yo' MT in yo' recount toppin' yo' charts!

Btw they have been very candid with all these class interviews and its interesting to see their perspective on block. Before I thought "only some of the time" meant the way it is now, a % chance to block. However I do believe that to make boss tanking fair, making block absorb a percentage of a mob hit "a maximum of 1 time per second" could work excellently.

Btw I can see why they want tanks to do more damage. Very few are interested in tanking because it is such hard work without the satisfaction of coming out on top of the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon
    1) Paladin Q&A released
    2) Paladin community: OMG you haven't addressed any of our issues, I'm rerolling to my Druid, the Paladin is finished as a class
    3) Druid Q&A released
    4) Druid community: OMG you haven't addressed any of our issues, I'm rerolling to my Warrior, the Druid is finished as a class
    5) Warrior Q&A released
    6) Warrior community: OMG you haven't addressed any of our issues, I'm rerolling to my DK, the Druid is finished as a class
    7) DK community: No need to even look at the Q&A, just look at the patch notes, 3.2 = Death to the Death Knight patch

Seriously, every change that's ever released, the Blizzard maxim holds true "We are going to release a bunch of changes. Each one of you is going to think that their class has been nerfed into the ground unfairly and everyone else's class is totally OP". One thing I will agree with you people on though, these Q&A's were a colossal waste of time and Blizzard should have known it. They should just cut out all communication with every community of players out there- communicating is surely more grief than it's worth...
    You forgot to include the part where DKs all reroll to Paladin to complete the cycle.

haha, I am also the recipient of a 72 hr ban.

in an entierly overly zealous thought, this reminds me of george orwell's 1984.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

I expected something more exciting.

Raiding as arms is probably one of the most boring things to do in this game, I cant even stand it, with a macro you can pretty much hit 4 buttons for hours on end.

wow serious all this is, is a bunch of bull crap...specially the comments u guys post.....as for aoe tanking with a warrior...ya it could be better but its not hard...spam TC SW and cleave

as for threat....wtf when u taunt something u are equal to there threat...use shield wall then revenge and stop bieng a loser....i have no problem with threat specially with vigi....most of these warriors must suck cause they are complaining bout crap.....who cares about heroic strike man...that move is garbage u barely need to use it ... as for everything else im fine with what i got ..i make do....i make things happen etc......learn to play with what u got ....and this lame concept of warriors not being great tanks anymore is rubbish...every time i run i make people say...dam your way better then the other 3 classes of tanking.....sure i admit each class has something a little extra but hell maybe warriors need to spec more into other area's for raid like imp demo shout or something...idk if u think warriors suck and u play one then u need to figure your self out cause warriors have always rocked and will continue kicking but forever...btw these Q & A they release are horrible.....its like the asked someone who plays a rogue or something.....seriously screw pvp Qand A about prot warriors

@bigsampson, you look like a fool man, many of the warrior concerns are brought forth from the worlds best tanks, in high end guilds, 1st World kills, 1st US kills, ect. and you are saying these issues aren't a big deal. Judging by your gear (ap gem 4 tank?) and the fact you are not even half way into ulduar, I'm guessing you havn't played this game long enough to have any real experience or to even begin to know what they are talking about.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Worst Q&A of them all.

Can't say I'm suprised, they didn't even touch on Sword spec for arms, fricking idiots.

The amount of tears in here... staggering.

Even funnier, if they addressed the so called "real issues", you'd just be disappointed with the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced
    Wow. I was just given a 72 hour ban on the wow warrior forum for posting the post (albeit edited) I wrote on page two of this one.

GG Blizz.
    Yeah criticizing blizzard in ANY way on the official forums will get you a ban. It’s like North Korea on the official forums. Worship the DEVs or face the banhammer.
    (80) - (80)

I see a lot of talk in blue posts about balance amongst all classes. Especially in terms of the warrior class, but i do not see a lot of it. The warrior class from jump starts out at a disadvantage, that grows as they go from lvl 1 to lvl 80. They are the only class with frankly no real def against magic, and by game design do not cast magic. A proper balance should be if a particular class or race cannot cast magic then they need to have a high resistance to it. Warrior should not have to wait to get T8 gear to get an occasional resistance to magic attacks, it really should be a baseline talent. If not then we will forever be victims of crushing blows from magic based attack, making healers jobs even more difficult.
    Not QQing at all just stating facts:
    - Warriors should be able to do mass amounts of damage if they can get you in melee, range to balance out the mass amounts of damage range casters can do from a distance.
    -Warriors need a way better form of magic resistance and it should not be attached to gear, buffed by it maybe but not as a only means of getting some (every other tank class has a baseline talent or passive ability for it)
    -I love the challenge being a warrior poses for me, i just wish the challenge was to be more efficient and better, then to just try to play catch up with the other racial tanks in the game.

And one other side note, why does blizz design gear in naxx that arguably is better then its tier versions, makes no sense tier gear should be better hands down across the board set bonus or not. If not it really is not being thought out properly.

How some of you whiners even manage to breathe is beyond me.

The purpose of the Q&A wasn't to buff the warrior class. If that were the case then yeah, the whining would be justified. But it wasn't, and thus it isn't. The purpose of the Q&A was to communicate and address issues players ask about.

Replies like "whaaa omg tey think warr dps is on par with feral teh Q&A is the worst oen of all classes!" are so incredibly stupid I almost feel embarrassed for the people that post it.

The Q&A did exactly what it was supposed to do. Did it address every single issue ever brought up about warriors? No. If it did, it would be 37 pages long. But of all the issues and concerns currently affecting warriors, the majority were discussed. Just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean the Q&A failed. I'm going to repeat that:

Just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean the Q&A failed.

For every one legitimate issue that they didn't cover, there were two or three that they did cover. Stance penalties, rage generation, rage itself, prot dps, comparison to other dps, comparison to other tanks, block, gear dependency, pvp, talent tree revamp, shout duration, pvp demo shout... ALL of it was covered. Seriously, other than perhaps HS spam and aoe threat, what glaring problems did they neglect to cover? I don't doubt there might be a couple others, but not many, and certainly not as many as they did cover.