Thread: VoA and RNG.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

VoA and RNG.

I recently posted this on the blizzard forums and got it deleted and a small ban for the trouble. Apparently discussing gear drop ratios and having the numbers to back it up are against the terms and conditions of WoW. Is anyone else experiencing the following?

"Our guild has been doing Ulduar and VoA now for some months, we are in no danger of completing the instance but have two teams doing all bar the last three bosses (four tier pieces out of five). We are also clearing VoA on both 10 and 25 man weekly for each group. Concerning the geardrops from VoA we are seeing a trend:

VoA Tier gear (8 or 8.5) drops:

Deathknight 28
    Shaman 21
    Druid 16
    Mage 8
    Hunter 8
    Warrior 5
    Rogue 4
    Warlock 2
    Paladin 2
    Priest 0

Naturally this was concerning for all but our 4 DK's. Is there something that we are missing as developers have claimed RNG is not bias and instance seeding doesn't work?"

So I'll post now that tonights VoA run drops the following: 1 Deathknight piece and either a shaman or Druid peice. Would anyone care to bet against it?

Re: VoA and RNG.

It's still random, you can't post numbers as facts until you'd done something very very many times.

15+ Year Old Account

You're on. Something completely different will drop.
    Sorry, gambling addiction.

You can create a char on archimonde (alliance), us, and you get 500g for your lvl 1 alt. :-P
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

Quote Originally Posted by Forumone
    I recently posted this on the blizzard forums and got it deleted and a small ban for the trouble. Apparently discussing gear drop ratios and having the numbers to back it up are against the terms and conditions of WoW. Is anyone else experiencing the following?

"Our guild has been doing Ulduar and VoA now for some months, we are in no danger of completing the instance but have two teams doing all bar the last three bosses (four tier pieces out of five). We are also clearing VoA on both 10 and 25 man weekly for each group. Concerning the geardrops from VoA we are seeing a trend:

Deathknight 28
    Shaman 21
    Druid 16
    Mage 8
    Hunter 8
    Warrior 5
    Rogue 4
    Warlock 2
    Paladin 2
    Priest 0

Naturally this was concerning for all but our 4 DK's. Is there something that we are missing as developers have claimed RNG is not bias and instance seeding doesn't work?"

So I'll post now that tonights VoA run drops the following: 1 Deathknight piece and either a shaman or Druid peice. Would anyone care to bet against it?
    Druid is third highest? Can I join your runs? I blow things up gewd as chicken spec!

OP has a point. I've done VoA every week since Emalon showed up, and i've only ever seen 1 piece of Mage T8 drop. DK tier gear drops almost every week though.

I am a DK and have done VoA 10 and 25 man EVERY week since 3.1 and 0 DK gear has dropped, what always drops is mage and druid gear. Please let me into your raid PLEASEEEEEE

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Wow even as a warrior, I would join your raids. The only time I've seen any warrior emalon gear drop is on my druid, and that was once.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Forumone

Deathknight 28
    Shaman 21
    Druid 16
    Mage 8
    Hunter 8
    Warrior 5
    Rogue 4
    Warlock 2
    Paladin 2
    Priest 0

Atleast i now know im not the only unlucky priest around.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

rng is rng, i have done voa every week on my dk and none of my t8.5 comes from there, i only saw him drop 1 dk piece

Random is random. I never see them drop on my hunter (hunter gear), but on my priest, had priest drop 3/4 kills. :P

If there is anything I'd say Emalon drops much, at least for me (still RNG just saying what he drops for my raids a lot), is Mage T8.5, those drop almost every week, or at least something for mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Going for avoidance is like playing Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofSand
    It's time to eat Grandpa!
    It's time to eat, Grandpa!

Grammar.. it saves lives.

I can personally offer some evidence that will show you that the RNG truly is random. Last night our guild did 25 VoA and the following dropped:

Emalon:
    Furious Hunter Gloves
    Furious Hunter Pants
    T8.5 Hunter Gloves
    Furious Cloth Bracers

Archavon:
    Deadly Hunter Pants
    Deadly Paladin Pants
    T7.5 Hunter Gloves
    T7.5 Hunter Chest

As you might have guessed, we had one hunter with us that night that already had all of that. 6/8 pieces went to waste. Meanwhile, I (DK) haven't gotten a single piece of gear out of 25 VoA except for a ring.

edit: typo
    Read the signature rules.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Intersting that alot of people seem to have a dominant class that drops. I guess ours might just be more obvious than some. To those saying random is random do you know of items drop dissproportionatly we do.

The "Sigil of the Vengful heart" for us has a near certainty of dropping as does "idol of the crying wind". We aren't too fussed as there isn't much left off those two bosses anyone wants. Interestingly enough we have "guiding star" at over half of all encounters is something no-one has complained about. We don't have enough samples to say these are the exact percentages, well not for the star anyway, but the other two have failed to drop only once.

15+ Year Old Account

Taking the bet or what? (unless you're on eu)

Just need ss of your next voa kill.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

to OP:
    0 for priest???
    every week i see a priest item
    within the last 7 months i have seen 2 Dk items one for PvP and one tanking

15+ Year Old Account

Here's a thought, quit yer bitchin about a boss that doesn't matter? Or how about, don't do that boss anymore if he's that much of an irritation?

15+ Year Old Account

Threads like this exist since WotLK Launch. PLEASE stop them. Random Loot is random, and was ever since.

If you don't want to raid/pvp for your gear, why would you even need it?

Thanks for that, wonderful to see another couple of "stop QQ'ing you QQ'ing QQ'er", never guess how you guys make these vast post totals. I never did tell you which class I actually play did I? Thanks you other posters.

Any way as promised, the results from our VoA fun. Intersting too:

2 Deathknight
    1 shaman
    1 priest (they are on the board finally)
    1 warrior
    1 Druid

This brings our totals now to:

Deathknight 30
    Shaman 22
    Druid 17
    Mage 8
    Hunter 8
    Warrior 6
    Rogue 4
    Warlock 2
    Paladin 2
    Priest 1

In answer to the query about a dead end boss, that is part of the question I would ask too. We don't bother with Naxx or anything back there now because the gear has been superseeded. Part of the reason I am placing these totals is to see if others are getting a similar bias (in maths/stats terms NOT player love). If it's common to others it makes contesting WG, yes we go and stack the deck, then doing this instance worthless. Unless blizzard delays the next patch by a year or two.

A sample size of 92 is way, way, way, way, way, way too small to be of any use for statistical analysis.

Come back when you've run voa another two or three hundred thousand times, and well see how random it is.