Thread: Devastate buff

15+ Year Old Account

Devastate buff

•Devastate: Weapon damage and bonus per Sunder Armor on the target increased by 100%.

A nice buff imo, but i want to ask..

What does this buff mean for our tanking rotation, is devastate alot more attactive to tank with now? more then the other abilities that we usually throw in such as revenge?

Or is this just to make up for "shield block nerf"?

Re: Devastate buff

Probably to make up for the nerf however it makes up for alot more. 100% is a TON, it's an amazing buff and if it's how we think it is then dev will be much better then both rend heroic throw conc blow AND shockwave. I mean it'll be an amazing skill... I can only hope it isn't nerfed because of dps classes specing into it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    Probably to make up for the nerf however it makes up for alot more. 100% is a TON, it's an amazing buff and if it's how we think it is then dev will be much better then both rend heroic throw conc blow AND shockwave. I mean it'll be an amazing skill... I can only hope it isn't nerfed because of dps classes specing into it again...
    Blue post on it said it now requires a shield to be equipped. People still might spec prot for dps, but it seems iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Blue post on it said it now requires a shield to be equipped. People still might spec prot for dps, but it seems iffy.
    I hope they won't however WEWT to that we're gonna have a 51 point talent that dosn't blow!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    This is what i was thinking, it seems to good to be true, makes tanking alot easier (simpler)

15+ Year Old Account

my lazy threat (heroic strike and devestate) is already like 5k-5,5k tps so this will be insane

My guess:

The priorities will not change.

Reason:
    Devastate has no cooldown, Revenge and Shield Smash have, so if they want us to use the cd abilities and then fill up with devastate, it has to be weaker than those 2 and even after the buff, still is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

id say make devastate to hit with normal white attack which applies one sunder and causes no or low threat and triggers GCD. also would be nice for warriors as OT.

It's in the notes but not on the PTR.

Just tested it: hitting for ~20% more, which mirrors the first buff from 50% weapondmg +101 to 60% + 121.

:-/

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    My guess:

The priorities will not change.

Reason:
    Devastate has no cooldown, Revenge and Shield Smash have, so if they want us to use the cd abilities and then fill up with devastate, it has to be weaker than those 2 and even after the buff, still is.
    We use conc blow rend shockwave in our rotation too.. I even use heroic throw (people have said they dont like it because if it's mistimed then you reset the swing timer too far and ect but I've never had a problem with it). It's not just revenge and SS which Im sure will still be better, it's all about the other stupid things we throw in with tanking simply because it's so much better. This buff if we're reading it right would be massive. And a buff that big we'll notice on our devastates. (Formerly devasuck)