Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Hammer of Justice spellcasting interrupt effect is now restricted to non-player targets.

    There is a very small voice in the back of my head that shouts "but that means they're working on giving us a true interrupt new spell that isn't on the GCD!"

    the other 90% of my mind says we just got boned again for PvP. I did notice that 2 interrupts of druids were treated the same, as well as Shaman's...however...

    It specifies that the Shaman's is being moved to Wind Shear. No mention of any replacement interrupt for Paladins or Druids. (though I don't recall if Druids have any other forms of interrupts 1 maybe?)

    Has anyone heard anything about a new true blue interrupt for us?
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

    -The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

  2. #2
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Hammer of Justice spellcasting interrupt effect is now restricted to non-player targets.

    There is a very small voice in the back of my head that shouts "but that means they're working on giving us a true interrupt new spell that isn't on the GCD!"

    the other 90% of my mind says we just got boned again for PvP. I did notice that 2 interrupts of druids were treated the same, as well as Shaman's...however...

    It specifies that the Shaman's is being moved to Wind Shear. No mention of any replacement interrupt for Paladins or Druids. (though I don't recall if Druids have any other forms of interrupts 1 maybe?)

    Has anyone heard anything about a new true blue interrupt for us?
    I think drui charge interrupts/stuns also? But it may be considered a stun....

    Anyhow, what was updated in the patch notes was a tooltip correction from the 17th's patch change.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Grove
    Posts
    627

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    I am curious. How does a stun and a interuption work at the same time, when the stun is twice as long as the interuption ???
    I have tried and tried and tried to come up with a logical explenation, but it just doesn't seem to work.

  4. #4

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios
    I am curious. How does a stun and a interuption work at the same time, when the stun is twice as long as the interuption ???
    I have tried and tried and tried to come up with a logical explenation, but it just doesn't seem to work.
    did the stun not share DR with anything?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

  5. #5

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    I used to love hitting shitty mages with a hammer during an arcane blast or arcane missles and watching them wait 3 seconds to blink out cause of the interrupt.

  6. #6
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios
    I am curious. How does a stun and a interuption work at the same time, when the stun is twice as long as the interuption ???
    I have tried and tried and tried to come up with a logical explenation, but it just doesn't seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    did the stun not share DR with anything?
    Simple

    If they are are casting when you stun them, they are interrupted for 3 sec and stunned for 6 sec. That means, that even if they Trinket/Dispell the stun, they are still locked out for another 1-2 seconds.

    Or, if they are casting when you Hammer them, but they are immune to the stun, they would still get interrupted for 3 seconds.

  7. #7

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    As I stated in another thread, this is Blizzards way of backing over us to make sure we are dead. Apparently being hit numerous times since 3.0 didn't do it, so they are finishing us off.

    I'm not the reroll type, but blizzard really isn't leaving us much choice...

  8. #8
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,398

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    As I stated in another thread, this is Blizzards way of backing over us to make sure we are dead. Apparently being hit numerous times since 3.0 didn't do it, so they are finishing us off.

    I'm not the reroll type, but blizzard really isn't leaving us much choice...
    Behavior like this is why we can't have nice things.

  9. #9

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Behavior like this is why we can't have nice things.
    so you are telling me we ought to thank blizzard for nerfing us?
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

  10. #10

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    OH so thats what it means. didnt know it also silenced u when them stuns hit.
    i was thinking more of that stuff in the "bosses are immune to stuns but the move will still interupt them so they are changing it so that when a player resists it wont interupt them also"

    but the way u guys put it makes more sence

  11. #11
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    so you are telling me we ought to thank blizzard for nerfing us?
    If they nerf us I want it to be "justified". If it is, then less FotM = a clearer line between the weak and the elite.

  12. #12

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    so you are telling me we ought to thank blizzard for nerfing us?
    well acting like it's killing you everytime a nerf or bug fix is made known wouldn't hurt.


    (this goes for everyone)
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

  13. #13

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Vanilla WoW +TBC - no interrupt whatsoever, unless you were Blood Elf. Years of Battlegrounds, world PvP, 4 seasons. Without any interrupt. And guess what? Some pallies actually managed to do quite well. But yeah, now when they removed it from us, we will like, ultimately suck and we shouldn't even bother, amarite? Wake up for god's sake.

    Have you been to PTR to test out the latest changes? To see what you gained with this last patch? Accomodated yourself to new changes and playstyle? If I won't speak about the Seal overhaul, there is ranged Exo that can be used against players... Now.. isn't the damage at range actually helping you more than the interrupt on long cooldown? Jeez, heaven is falling upon us, we are totaly, totaly doomed.

    Wake up please. We did fine as broken class without interrupt. We will do fine as fixed class without interrupt.

  14. #14

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    I wouldnt be worried that much tbh. As you can see blizzard is trying to balance stuff like 1000 times more than it used to be in Vanila and TBC so if they will overnerf something they will fix it preeety soon.
    On the other hand Retribution paladin is to easy to play and that is fact.
    For example warriors there is way bigger difference betveen good and bad warrior. Warrior who dont have any macros, do not stance dance will never be succesfull, but bad ret paladin doesnt even know how to make a macro and yet he can be preety much succesfull.

    My conclusion is make rets way harder to play ( i mean way way harder, with some combinations instead dmg on demand) and give them more tools and i bet good players will benefit from it a lot and definetly will find it fun to play, rets reputation will go up again and all the FOTM players will gtfo from Paladins forums.

    I myslef played ret paladin but i bureied it with Fotm WOTLK and rolled a warrior when they didnt have Juggernaut yet.

  15. #15

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios
    I am curious. How does a stun and a interuption work at the same time, when the stun is twice as long as the interuption ???
    I have tried and tried and tried to come up with a logical explenation, but it just doesn't seem to work.
    If you hammer someone in the middle of a cast, and they trinket it.

    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

  16. #16

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chmur
    Vanilla WoW +TBC - no interrupt whatsoever, unless you were Blood Elf. Years of Battlegrounds, world PvP, 4 seasons. Without any interrupt. And guess what? Some pallies actually managed to do quite well. But yeah, now when they removed it from us, we will like, ultimately suck and we shouldn't even bother, amarite? Wake up for god's sake.

    Have you been to PTR to test out the latest changes? To see what you gained with this last patch? Accomodated yourself to new changes and playstyle? If I won't speak about the Seal overhaul, there is ranged Exo that can be used against players... Now.. isn't the damage at range actually helping you more than the interrupt on long cooldown? Jeez, heaven is falling upon us, we are totaly, totaly doomed.

    Wake up please. We did fine as broken class without interrupt. We will do fine as fixed class without interrupt.
    We didn't do fine as a broken class without an interrupt. BC Ret everyone knows was by and large a joke. While I won't say we're still broken, I also won't say we're entirely fixed, and having that interrupt, albeit on a talented 40 second CD, is pretty vital in arena to counter CCs and burn a healer down. As for ranged Exo, if you don't have AoW proc then it's a 1.5 sec cast, I'd love to see you try to use that against a DK/Mage/Rogue/Warrior/Shaman and not get locked out of all your Holy Spells for 3-8 seconds. So no, we Don't have a Ranged Exo, we have a "maybe you'll use it in melee when it procs, maybe you'll continue to Insta FoL yourself or your partner because you/he are getting burst down". I really don't consider that fixed by any stretch of the imagination.

    Oh and nice double wake up in your post. BTW did you miss that they're giving 2 more specs a MS ability? Cause they were fine without it, but apparently they needed to be given more to screw us over in pvp. Wake up indeed.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

    -The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

  17. #17

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    We didn't do fine as a broken class without an interrupt. BC Ret everyone knows was by and large a joke. While I won't say we're still broken, I also won't say we're entirely fixed, and having that interrupt, albeit on a talented 40 second CD, is pretty vital in arena to counter CCs and burn a healer down. As for ranged Exo, if you don't have AoW proc then it's a 1.5 sec cast, I'd love to see you try to use that against a DK/Mage/Rogue/Warrior/Shaman and not get locked out of all your Holy Spells for 3-8 seconds. So no, we Don't have a Ranged Exo, we have a "maybe you'll use it in melee when it procs, maybe you'll continue to Insta FoL yourself or your partner because you/he are getting burst down". I really don't consider that fixed by any stretch of the imagination.

    Oh and nice double wake up in your post. BTW did you miss that they're giving 2 more specs a MS ability? Cause they were fine without it, but apparently they needed to be given more to screw us over in pvp. Wake up indeed.
    Sinister is right, the other ret is way wrong.
    Did he not mention that Paladins lost their burst with this patch which they had in BC and MLG was full of RPMs and not Ret Pallys
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ourinho/simple

    No more avatars . Not risking anymore bans.

  18. #18

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If they nerf us I want it to be "justified". If it is, then less FotM = a clearer line between the weak and the elite.
    And not like it is now for both parties, buttonspamwinfest.

  19. #19
    Pit Lord iktankniet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    behind a desk
    Posts
    2,419

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    We didn't do fine as a broken class without an interrupt. BC Ret everyone knows was by and large a joke. While I won't say we're still broken, I also won't say we're entirely fixed, and having that interrupt, albeit on a talented 40 second CD, is pretty vital in arena to counter CCs and burn a healer down. As for ranged Exo, if you don't have AoW proc then it's a 1.5 sec cast, I'd love to see you try to use that against a DK/Mage/Rogue/Warrior/Shaman and not get locked out of all your Holy Spells for 3-8 seconds. So no, we Don't have a Ranged Exo, we have a "maybe you'll use it in melee when it procs, maybe you'll continue to Insta FoL yourself or your partner because you/he are getting burst down". I really don't consider that fixed by any stretch of the imagination.

    Oh and nice double wake up in your post. BTW did you miss that they're giving 2 more specs a MS ability? Cause they were fine without it, but apparently they needed to be given more to screw us over in pvp. Wake up indeed.
    the demands to do well or good with ret in TBC was higher then it is in wotlk. you needed awesome gear and know what you did. now it doesnt matter anymore. i did pretty well as ret in TBC.

    MS to mages wasnt needed imo, but spriests can really use it.

    that they give it to casters doesnt mean that paladins have to get it aswell.

  20. #20
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

    Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    the demands to do well or good with ret in TBC was higher then it is in wotlk. you needed awesome gear and know what you did. now it doesnt matter anymore. i did pretty well as ret in TBC.

    MS to mages wasnt needed imo, but spriests can really use it.

    that they give it to casters doesnt mean that paladins have to get it aswell.
    Personally I did well as Ret also in TBC, always nice to scare the guild rogue when you stay 50-75 DPS behind her

    As for the mages getting MS.... Its fine, but I would have rather seen it in, say, the Fire tree, instead of the tree that already has a large amount of utility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •