Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Spell Interrupt Removal - Another Nail in the PvP Coffin?

I'm sorry but how can Ret Paladins complain about this change, or anything for that matter?

They are nerfing you because you have been FOTM since patch 3.0.

And your class "rotation" is push whatever buttons are lit up.

When you can bring down someone while they are stunned, then restun them when they trinket, and Blessing of Freedom pretty much every 15-20 seconds/Cleanse, Lay on Hands and Bubble-Full Heal/Destroy 2-3 people, Bubble a partner, you can't complain about something as small as this. Plus you have wings.

Don't get me wrong, some Ret paladins are really good and know when to use all their abilities.
    But it seems you can faceroll and win too easily, even more then fear spam.

I played my 72 Pally in bg's, and I rolled 79's ffs. And NO, I was HOLY for PVP and rolled ret to lvl.
    "Blizz hates Horde, just look at AV, Racial's, and SW Harbor"

Oh yeah? Horde has a f**king Rock Band...

Quote Originally Posted by sidian86
    I'm sorry but how can Ret Paladins complain about this change, or anything for that matter?

They are nerfing you because you have been FOTM since patch 3.0.

And your class "rotation" is push whatever buttons are lit up.

When you can bring down someone while they are stunned, then restun them when they trinket, and Blessing of Freedom pretty much every 15-20 seconds/Cleanse, Lay on Hands and Bubble-Full Heal/Destroy 2-3 people, Bubble a partner, you can't complain about something as small as this. Plus you have wings.

Don't get me wrong, some Ret paladins are really good and know when to use all their abilities.
    But it seems you can faceroll and win too easily, even more then fear spam.

I played my 72 Pally in bg's, and I rolled 79's ffs. And NO, I was HOLY for PVP and rolled ret to lvl.
    We've been FotM as you put it because Blizzard themselves made us OP with 3.0. That's not our fault, that's theirs. Then they proceeded to stomp us into the ground after realizing their "oops" that they knew full well would be too big a boost.

Our "rotation" is also not our fault, it's what Blizzard made for us. You make it sound like we have a choice in the matter. We don't. We do however have priorities on what button we press when more than one is lit up, for whatever that's worth.

You mention LoH like that means a bucket of piss in Arena. That right there discredits you completely. Wings means susceptible to CC (we don't get fear immunity like a BM hunter popping Wrath). We don't get faster, it's still dispellable. So is Freedom, which has recently been nerfed as well (in case you forgot). Cleanse gets really expensive when you have to spam it 3-4 times to remove stacks of debuffs or if they're resisted which they frequently are. I have bubbled on several occasions, and if I manage to heal to full, my mana is really low afterward. This is provided the Warrior or Priest didn't remove said Bubble. Destroy 2/3 people, once again you make yourself sound like a troll/Ret basher talking out your ass without any real evidence to back it up. I don't even know what you're talking about with the double stun nonsense. Repentance breaks on damage so we typically use that on the one we're NOT dpsing, and that first HoJ is usually trinketed out of which means no more CC from us for another 40-60 seconds.

Some Rets are good. Certainly not half of them, likely not even a third possess the actual skill to do well. Faceroll and win? Hardly. That may have been true early in the current arena season, but it is definately not the case now with almost every opponent sporting Deadly/Furious from Vault gear. I can't count how many opponents I've armoried now that I've faced that had 1850 rated weapons but meager other gear. It's pretty disgusting, not to mention annoying as hell when we only face teams with higher rating that stomp us because no one else is queueing up.

If you rolled 79's when you were 72, they were bad, hands down.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    You mention LoH like that means a bucket of piss in Arena. That right there discredits you completely.
    ^

15+ Year Old Account

We've been FotM as you put it because Blizzard themselves made us OP with 3.0. That's not our fault, that's theirs. Then they proceeded to stomp us into the ground after realizing their "oops" that they knew full well would be too big a boost.

Our "rotation" is also not our fault, it's what Blizzard made for us. You make it sound like we have a choice in the matter. We don't. We do however have priorities on what button we press when more than one is lit up, for whatever that's worth.

You mention LoH like that means a bucket of piss in Arena. That right there discredits you completely. Wings means susceptible to CC (we don't get fear immunity like a BM hunter popping Wrath). We don't get faster, it's still dispellable. So is Freedom, which has recently been nerfed as well (in case you forgot). Cleanse gets really expensive when you have to spam it 3-4 times to remove stacks of debuffs or if they're resisted which they frequently are. I have bubbled on several occasions, and if I manage to heal to full, my mana is really low afterward. This is provided the Warrior or Priest didn't remove said Bubble. Destroy 2/3 people, once again you make yourself sound like a troll/Ret basher talking out your ass without any real evidence to back it up. I don't even know what you're talking about with the double stun nonsense. Repentance breaks on damage so we typically use that on the one we're NOT dpsing, and that first HoJ is usually trinketed out of which means no more CC from us for another 40-60 seconds.

Some Rets are good. Certainly not half of them, likely not even a third possess the actual skill to do well. Faceroll and win? Hardly. That may have been true early in the current arena season, but it is definately not the case now with almost every opponent sporting Deadly/Furious from Vault gear. I can't count how many opponents I've armoried now that I've faced that had 1850 rated weapons but meager other gear. It's pretty disgusting, not to mention annoying as hell when we only face teams with higher rating that stomp us because no one else is queueing up.

If you rolled 79's when you were 72, they were bad, hands down.
    Oh so just because blizzard changes you in one patch and makes you completely overpowered, and its NOT your fault, its BLIZZARDS fault you dont need to be nerfed? fact is ive seen ret paladins burst down PVP geared Mail and plate wearers from 25k+ health in a matter of 3-4 seconds. thats 6.5k BURST DPS after Resilience Mitigation. tell me thats not overpowered. if you really dont think the nerf is justified least be happy that they waited till a major patch to nerf you.
    When WOTLK was released rogues were garbage unless they specced HaT(which was bugged) and blizzard laid the hammer on that in a hot fix. after that rogues were crap until ulduar was released, be happy with what you got and plan for the future.

Since when are ret paladins being nerfed into the ground as someone stated?

just reroll warlock, top represented class in arena and totally OP

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11
    Oh so just because blizzard changes you in one patch and makes you completely overpowered, and its NOT your fault, its BLIZZARDS fault you dont need to be nerfed? fact is ive seen ret paladins burst down PVP geared Mail and plate wearers from 25k+ health in a matter of 3-4 seconds. thats 6.5k BURST DPS after Resilience Mitigation. tell me thats not overpowered. if you really dont think the nerf is justified least be happy that they waited till a major patch to nerf you.
    When WOTLK was released rogues were garbage unless they specced HaT(which was bugged) and blizzard laid the hammer on that in a hot fix. after that rogues were crap until ulduar was released, be happy with what you got and plan for the future.
    More tears for polishin' our gears

Instinct, BAD rogues sucked until ulduar. Good rogues still did quite well.

I would also challenge you to find a single pally which can hit for 6.5k on a standard 800+ resil target. I would also challenge you to take a HARD look at how hard other classes are hitting by comparison. We are by no means OP against resilience laden targets. We DO have the ability to quickly bring down non-pvp geared players but then again so does everyone else.

To be perfectly honest a rogue crying about paladins in PvP is like Goliath crying about David's stones being op and that they should be nerfed. Yes they did end up downing him but not because they were op but because they were underestimated and David knew how to use his sling.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Instinct, BAD rogues sucked until ulduar. Good rogues still did quite well.

I would also challenge you to find a single pally which can hit for 6.5k on a standard 800+ resil target. I would also challenge you to take a HARD look at how hard other classes are hitting by comparison. We are by no means OP against resilience laden targets. We DO have the ability to quickly bring down non-pvp geared players but then again so does everyone else.

To be perfectly honest a rogue crying about paladins in PvP is like Goliath crying about David's stones being op and that they should be nerfed. Yes they did end up downing him but not because they were op but because they were underestimated and David knew how to use his sling.

Rofl, Instinctz is also a terribad rogue

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11
    Rogues seem to make out that they are the only class to ever get hotfixed in the history of WoW.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Hammer of Justice spellcasting interrupt effect is now restricted to non-player targets.

There is a very small voice in the back of my head that shouts "but that means they're working on giving us a true interrupt new spell that isn't on the GCD!"

the other 90% of my mind says we just got boned again for PvP. I did notice that 2 interrupts of druids were treated the same, as well as Shaman's...however...

It specifies that the Shaman's is being moved to Wind Shear. No mention of any replacement interrupt for Paladins or Druids. (though I don't recall if Druids have any other forms of interrupts 1 maybe?)

Has anyone heard anything about a new true blue interrupt for us?
    I would rather druids and Pallies get joined by DKs as not having interrupts, instead of Pallies and Druids joining the interrupt crowd. Not that DKs already have a semi-interrupt in death grip and a 2-min cd untalented silence.

Hmm. mind freeze- 4 sec lockout, 10 sec cooldown
    strangulate - 5sec silence, 2min cooldown

Combined with a warstomp/BE silence and clever death gripping it seems a little unfair really. I guess frost nova and other root/snares sort of "interrupt" the incoming melee damage.

Looking at individual classes it seems easy to find definite over and underpowered abilities. To look at the overall seems a little more telling, with melee destroying everything except for frost mages and classes with a damage immunity. Everyone else are the obvious steamroll targets.

GC has gone on the record to say that we won't be getting tools until they tone down our burst. This means one of two things, either we'll get nerfed some more for a gap closer/interrupt/snare, or they'll never tone down our burst. Personally, I prefer the latter.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese
    GC has gone on the record to say that we won't be getting tools until they tone down our burst. This means one of two things, either we'll get nerfed some more for a gap closer/interrupt/snare, or they'll never tone down our burst. Personally, I prefer the latter.
    We have no burst to speak of in high end pvp.

What little we had is being removed in 3.2 with the necessary application of 5 stacks of Veng/Corr and the lower dmg of CS.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

With SoCorr stacked up to 5, quicker CS's will proc more SoCorr bonus swings, which deal more holy dmg than the current SoB/M. Sounds about the same to me, unless something's changed in the past week.

We have no burst to speak of in high end pvp.

What little we had
    I laughed, never laughed so hard before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese
    With SoCorr stacked up to 5, quicker CS's will proc more SoCorr bonus swings, which deal more holy dmg than the current SoB/M. Sounds about the same to me, unless something's changed in the past week.
    Building stacks of a debuff isnt burst. Its sustained damage. What blizzard is trying to get away from is our ability to HoJ someone and kill them before it wears off. Which we can currently do to low-resil targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian
    I laughed, never laughed so hard before.
    Considering your class can hit for well over 10 pretty much on demand in 1 gcd..... stfu?

Building stacks of a debuff isnt burst. Its sustained damage. What blizzard is trying to get away from is our ability to HoJ someone and kill them before it wears off. Which we can currently do to low-resil targets.
    What's stopping us from whacking on them to get 5 stacks, HoJ'ing, then continuing the massacre? All it does it add a bit of windup. Again, I repeat. We will still be getting bonus holy dmg swings from targets fully afflicted by SoCorr. You can still output a high amount of dmg in a short amount of time, you just need to wind up the dot. It's similiar to Immolate/Conflag, with the obvious exclusion of stacks. On a side note, SoComm has been working pretty well for me in the ptr, anyway.

Lyse so your asking for our class to have every attack crit for no more than 2k? The idea of burst damage is that we can front load our damage, IE there is no "wind up" so to speak. Noone complains about warrior executes because they take time to setup and thats exactly what they are starting to do with pallies. Our damage is draining from the front end to being sustained dps.

Crits WILL be as high or higher after the stacks but it wont be something our opponents cant do anything against.

Considering your class can hit for well over 10 pretty much on demand in 1 gcd..... stfu?
    That's not entirely true. It's 2 GCDs, and takes some *snicker* careful planning.

But a Shaman hitting 3 buttons to do 10k over 2 GCDs is easily comparable to a Paladin hitting wings + CS + DS for similar damage.

Nowhere in my post do I suggest such a thing. The idea of burst dmg isn't necessarily frontloading dmg, but to do a high amount of dmg, on demand, on short notice. You're telling me that an 8k Lava Burst/Conflag after setting up Flame Shock/Immolation isn't a burst of dmg? Taking time to set up to kill an opponent who is either low on health or not expecting a burst is what seperates the ret pallies from the retards.