HaT rogues in 3.2 and now.

I was wondering if HaT was still a viable spec now. I hardly see anyone use it anymore so I do not know what spec they would use or weapons or rotation. If someone could fill me in that would be nice.

I also was wondering what people though of HaT now proccing off of periodic critical strikes and if this will affect the choice of using HaT more commonly.

Re: HaT rogues in 3.2 and now.

well the new bonus of rogue gear is chance for your rupture to crit so that means thats another chance for you to get a combo point.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328
    well the new bonus of rogue gear is chance for your rupture to crit so that means thats another chance for you to get a combo point.
    I think that the change means that you can get combo points off of OTHER people's periodic crits, not just yours.
    So it is very useful if you have Spriests, Fire mages, Feral druids, 2pc T8 rogues etc in your group
    Quote from Sick4Paradise -

Wow, they should give you Ghostcrawler's job. Wait, no that's a bad idea, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

HaT was basically a tooltip exploit, Naxx bosses were good dummies for it but thats about it, Loatheb and thaddius but after that its pretty terrible.

I'd love to see sub have some decent viability in something. It's overshadowed in pvp and pve atm and really has nothing going for it .
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

That is quite true. But then, we have two viable PvE specs and a viable PvP spec, which is both more than what other classes have, and more than what rogues used to have.
    I, too, would like Subtlety to be more viable, seeing that it has some really cool talents and feels most "rogue-ish".
    But not at the cost or danger of worsening the current state of affairs.

I only wondered because I was told by suppodesly "better" rogues on my server that it would still be viable in 3.1.

im playing hat for like 2 months now and imo its more fun then muti, also im beating the other rogue in guild in dps dmg done and he is a combat rogue, we got almost the same gear

Proof/Armory of your character and his.

Deleted

Well actually, Hat could be quite strong if your party members constantly crit. Another plus is the 10% ap and 15% bonus which increases your evis dmg by big numbers

HaT can be AMAZING dps, but the thing is, if you're progressing or people in your raid are dying regularly, it's terrible. If the other people in your group are dead, you're getting shit combo point generation which is the only good thing about the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime
    Proof/Armory of your character and his.
    hmm here u go a xt hard img link, server is lightbringer EU http://img268.imageshack.us/i/hatdps.jpg/

sad thing about HaT is: absence of good pve tier 1-2 talents. RS and... thats all. wtf?

could anybody post his HaT spec?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...&version=10128

I got that.

Dunno if it's the one to go with, but with Fist/daggers I think its a nice one

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

my version is:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...&version=10128

blade furry for 20% haste and prep glyph to reset its CD.
    also more modificators for first ambush. DT ur tank > premeditaion shadow step macro > ambush > 5 cb SND.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo
    hmm here u go a xt hard img link, server is lightbringer EU http://img268.imageshack.us/i/hatdps.jpg/
    Im looking at freehand's armory now but he does not have his mut spec on or his weapons. It looks like overall he has less ap/gear then you anyway, so this is not that good of an example. Another thing i would like to see is the buffs of the fight particuarly if you had a windfury totem or not.

Note-He also has a profession that does nothing for him IE:Herbalism.

there was an enh shammy if u asking for that, well maybe just w8 for other time to check his armory, and and since he was the only other rogue i cant rly compare myself to other rogue ;-) so its either that example or just try to look on some WWS reports of rogues that use hat spec, im not changing my mind tho, if provided the right conditions HAT is rly powerfull spec.

also the 2x t9 bonus migh inc the dps even more cause if u geting a freebie skill cause it lowers energy by 40 and finishers are for 35, then u can spam lower CP evis, or build more CP with Hemo, either way its a increase of dps and somehow makes us have more energy , but how much it will proc from rupture only blizz knows

The main problem with Hat, and the reason why i will not play it, is to have to rely on the group. This might be acceptable on farming content, but while progressing, people tend to die sometimes. I would hate it if my dps would start to suck as soon as anyone dies in my group. Or has something other to do than attacking for some time. To me, it is enough to take care that i myself do not die, i do not want to have to worry about my whole group. Plus it sucks to have to explain which members one would like in your group.

I feel if you can do fairly equal dps as HaT compaired to mut or combat then why not. I personally like sub and glad that the tree has pve potential. Although i do think its lame that Hat is the "main" talent that gives the tree pve uses.