Thread: 1h axes... lol

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

1h axes... lol

So, we were all excited to hear blizzard addressing our concerns about 1h axes, and their lack of existence after WotLK (apart from 1). So they come up with the brilliant idea to allow rogues to use axes... in order to not have loot catered to 1 class. This all was fine and dandy, but I had a feeling they would start making fast 1h axes... which is totally counter productive to the issue that was being addressed.

Well here it is... http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47266/ and there it is. The first 1.6 speed dps axe since the blues from lvl 50.

Basically this means either blizzard does not understand how weapon speed effects us, or just wanted to give rogues even larger arsenals than they already have. So F'ing lame

Re: 1h axes... lol

Apparently you missed [Hellscream Slicer] then which was posted 3 days ago off of Anub'Arak. And it's one-handed, which is awesome.

Of course they are going to put in some fast axes as well as slow ones with the new addition of Rogues being able to use axes. It just makes sense since they still need a fast off-hand weapon.

From what I saw there have only been two 1-handed physical dps weapons so far found on the PTR that weren't daggers. That's the fast axe that you posted, and the slow axe from a few days ago.

Quit whining and pay a little more attention before you cry about something that is actually a good thing for Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account

And perhaps you should understand Axe mastry for rogues is being lumped in with sword mastry. There are plenty of fast OH swords around to fill in the gap, so again I say, this "fix" blizzard came up with is totally pointless.

Stop trying to act tough and make others feel bad.

Yea, I knew they'd start putting in fast axes to waste everyone's time and they've done just that.

A fast axe serves two classes, rogues and maybe some hunters. It's just as useless to an enhancement shaman as a dagger, another weapon type Blizzard has decided to create a boatload of. I don't know yet whether they'll be of any use to DKs, but given that they'll be using strikes that will work similarly to Stormstrike, I'm guessing they'll want slow offhands.

Know what a caster sword would do, if Shaman could use swords? It'd be great for Ele Shaman, Mages, Holydins, and Warlocks. It just would have made so much more sense. Don't believe me? Join your average 25man naxx pug and see how many people want The Turning Tide. Blizzard could have added more slow axes or maces, which would help Enhance, DKs, and in the case of axes Hunters, not to mention the uses there would have been for more slow swords. There is simply no way around the fact that giving Rogues axes did less to give people more options than giving Shaman swords would have.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Personally I don't like the idea of my rogue using a fast axe and would love to have fast swords again, but as there arent any fast swords yet discovered, a fast axe is somewhat necessary to enable Rogues to use the slow axes, in short, if they didn't release fast axe they would have had to release a fast sword in that itemization slot, however that would have meant NOTHING to you enhancement shamans,and they would NOT have released another slow axe,THAT would be pointless, so stop bitching, its for rogues, we need fast offhands just as much as you need slow ones.

Or, as Tigercat said, they could've just let shaman use swords. Then they could've made that fast offhand a sword for the rogue (who wouldn't be using axes), shaman would still have the slow axe (linked above) as well as access to the caster swords that would benefit them.

Don't you see your argument, evo? Because they gave rogues access to axes, they then had to make an axe JUST FOR ROGUES. If they gave shaman access to swords they wouldn't have to change anything because shaman could just use the same slow swords (rare as they may be) around for rogue main hand weapons.

The way Blizzard chose to do this looks silly to me and I don't even play a shaman.

Shjade, you're argument is completely flawed. It doesn't matter if they gave rogues axes or shamans sword in that sense, they would still have to create one fast weapon for rogues and one slow for both classes.

Giving swords to shamans for the benefit of elemental and restoration is a valid argument, but in my opinion there would be to many classes competing for that weapon if that was the case.

Whats the difference, seing as there arent any swords in the colloseum anyway,

There is still one slow weapon for shaman and one fast weapon for rogues, which would have been the case in the Colosseum whether both were using swords or both axes.

I do understand how this makes it harder for shamans to find weapons in ulduar, but guess what, the slow maces and fist weapon are already available in ulduar and are better and more numerous than the swords that exist there.

Also blizzard stated that they thought shamans using swords or DKs using fist weapons seemed more out of character than a rogue using an axe.

Chenz, the point was that they had to add a weapon for rogues that only rogues (and maybe hunters...possibly some DKs, though with the talent changes we'll have to see how that pans out) would use which, as you pointed out, would exist anyway in some form, meaning that giving axes to rogues did...basically nothing. They'd have their fast offhand in some form anyway, giving them axes only really broadens their weapon pool if axes start showing up in lieu of swords across the board, and it isn't really helping anything. Giving shaman swords, on the other hand, gives them more options they'd actually find useful.

It's not that rogue weapons would suddenly go away. It's comparing how much giving rogues axes helps them versus how much impact giving shaman swords would have for them. I'd rather have more people competing for good items than watch [even more rogue-specific loot get sharded than I already see every week. At least when a lot of people are competing someone's getting an upgrade. Better than the alternative of dropping more stuff nobody needs or wants.

(Not that giving shaman swords would be a total avoidance of this, either. I'm sure it would've resulted in dropping some mid-speed sword that would look unattractive to both shaman and rogues and only hunters would pick it up.)

@evo's last: arbitrary and subjective. To me, a spiritual leader with a balanced weapon like a sword makes sense. Certainly more sense than runebound-fist fighters in platemail or stealthy rogues whipping out massive cleavers. But then, it isn't my game.

lol would be hilarious to see a rogue wielding 2 huge, butch axes shouting from the shadows " RAAAAR Me smash! you die!"

15+ Year Old Account

OR

OR

They could have just put a few specialized weapons as emblem gear for the new tier content. OMG SCIENCE! (Not to mock you all, but that just seems like a far better idea short-term.)

Quote Originally Posted by kujak
    So, we were all excited to hear blizzard addressing our concerns about 1h axes, and their lack of existence after WotLK (apart from 1). So they come up with the brilliant idea to allow rogues to use axes... in order to not have loot catered to 1 class. This all was fine and dandy, but I had a feeling they would start making fast 1h axes... which is totally counter productive to the issue that was being addressed.

Well here it is... http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47266/ and there it is. The first 1.6 speed dps axe since the blues from lvl 50.

Basically this means either blizzard does not understand how weapon speed effects us, or just wanted to give rogues even larger arsenals than they already have. So F'ing lame
    just to point out that this axe is too slow for a rogue OH we prefere 1.4-1.5,and yes it makes a hell of alot of difference

Shaman are supposed to be linked to the elements? The idea of Shaman comes across as primitive right? Axes and Bludgeons are all fairly primitive weapons, even fist weapons and daggers or shanks are... Swords seem too polished for a Shaman. My arguement has nothing to do with loot tables, weaponpools avaiable but I'm guessing Shaman would have had acess to swords already but the idea of it just sounds wrong. Whereas you can imagine a Rogue with an Axe.

There's always loot problems. Just one of the things you have to be a big boy about and keep that much needed stiff upper lip about.

Edit. Missed a word :

Quote Originally Posted by Kobrakette
    Shaman are supposed to be linked to the elements? The idea of Shaman comes across as primitive right? Axes and Bludgeons are all fairly primitive weapons, even fist weapons and daggers or shanks are... Swords seem too polished for a Shaman. My arguement has nothing to do with loot tables, weaponpools avaiable but I'm guessing Shaman would have had acess to swords already but the idea of it just sounds wrong. Whereas you can imagine a Rogue with an Axe.

There's always loot problems. Just one of the things you have to be a big boy about and keep that much needed stiff upper lip about.

Edit. Missed a word :
    Drek'Thar wields swords. ;D

Exactly.... There are more shaman wielding swords in the Warcraft lore then there are Rogues using axes...

I demand swords for shaman ><

10+ Year Old Account

Those axes look sick.

why are shamans screwed over all the time in some way? :-[

Best thing to do IMO is like a sunwell style vendor....Trade in some pieces / Weapons for the item and some sort of "sunmote" That drops in there.
    So like "Oh! 1.60 Axe....il take it and trade it for the 2.70 one at the vendor!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A fast axe serves two classes, rogues and maybe some hunters.
    I use a fast axe on my Orc prot warrior. I guess I'm stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    I use a fast axe on my Orc prot warrior. I guess I'm stupid.
    Fast for prots are fine but thats not a tank itemized axe. I think were talking about dfferent kinds of weapons here.

Might as well compare 2h maces to 1h maces.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.