Thread: 1h axes... lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 1h axes... lol

I might be wrong on this one, but let's see if I read EJ right.

After reading the whole weapon section of their enhancement post, there's this bit that stands out :

"In the end, Flame Tongue (enchant) allows the use of either a slow or a fast weapon with no major difference in DPS potential, as long as the fast weapon would be a significant upgrade in weapon DPS ans stats."

So this fast axe (the one in the OP) might actually be a good upgrade for most Enh Shaman but is not BiS.

Is this such a big problem?
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

In the end, Flame Tongue (enchant) allows the use of either a slow or a fast weapon with no major difference in DPS potential, as long as the fast weapon would be a significant upgrade in weapon DPS ans stats."
    slow weapons do more lavalash and stormstrike damage => fast weapons are crap

we lose roughly 500 dps with using fast weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalioshas
    The most ridiculous part in all that is (correct me if i'm wrong) that no class wants to use 1,6-1,8 speed dps 1H.. Yet they keep on coming in every instance.
    Rogues i thought>.>, but i dont know the class.

the faster the better, because of combat potency ( your offhand attacks have a chance to generate energy )

because of this, 1.4 speed daggers together with fists are the way to go

im not 100% sure but i think with comparable fast swords, and equal to fist weapons good swords for mainsword spec could be better
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Masumaro
    Drek'Thar wields swords. ;D
    I'm sorry, RP and lore is not allowed in the Warcraft Universe.

Seriously though, I have a feeling there will be more 1H axes for rogues then there will be shaman in future content.

Personally, where are all the caster fist weapons? Why don't SHAMAN and DRUIDS get an opportunity to raise their middle finger at the rest of the casters for a change?
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm
    I'm sorry, RP and lore is not allowed in the Warcraft Universe.

Seriously though, I have a feeling there will be more 1H axes for rogues then there will be shaman in future content.

Personally, where are all the caster fist weapons? Why don't SHAMAN and DRUIDS get an opportunity to raise their middle finger at the rest of the casters for a change?
    ^ ftw f them other casters wtb sp fists but knowing blizz if they do add more they will prob let another class use fists just like they did with rogues and axes