Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

@Plawsky, wertigo: To be honest I saw this when the patch was released but wanted to keep the news for Tuesday because this is the day where we have the biggest amount of visitors. And there isn't any datamining skill here, it's just a matter of checking the listfile of the patch for new textures and models, which is something I do for pretty much all the patches.
    Can you buy me a ticket to Paris in that case? ;D

Also, very sorry I doubted you, I shall not make that mistake again mister!

Well actually I wouldn't mind Horde getting a small and Alliance a badass race finally.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.
    New sig, will make sure you keep that promise

Amg, Boub making a loud title!

This sounds plausible, considering the recent Kalgan's interview and what he said about new races. Goblins have been there since Warcraft 2, and worgen have been in the game since vanilla. Well established races, well known, liked by players. Heck, there's been whining about wishing to have worgen as playable race.

This also means that if we suddenly see pandaren NPCs in the game at some point, we can be pretty sure they will be playable an expansion after :P
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Before someone else writes that the worgen are evil Im just gonna say this.

The worgen are not evil, they are just mad cuz Viktor killed Sonja.

I think Boubouille's confidence is reasonable. There's no reason a female Worgen mask would show up if they weren't going to become a big part of the game somehow, unless it's an intentional red herring from Blizzard.

These must be the two races. Updated textures and both appearing at once. Can't wait to be seeing Goblins roaming around Orgrimmar and fighting Werewolves ;D

No.

Deleted

i personally doubt it

it could be worgen is a new neutral faction, fighting the goblins as well.

the goblins where wearing masks during halloween iirc

who knows.

i personally dont care before its official :P

Any chance we can get some info on the changes to the Emerald Dream files? Or are they too little to mention?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Worgen

Worgen are among the few humanoids that can be skinned.

I called worgen as alliance! Woot!
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

It's nice to see someone agree with my initial thought this morning when I saw the masks being mined and posted.

It's most likely that both will be neutral. There is no reason for Goblins to side with only one faction.

As for the Worgen this might kill the reference to that list of future expansions as I agree with many who have posted that Gilneas with its proximity to SFK is the obvious choice of starting zone.

As for Worgen origins they are not definitively Evil or good, they are simply vicious by nature. It was said at some point that on their homeworld they are in a state of permanent war with "the emerald flame" and many have speculated that this is just another reference to the burning legion.

I kind of expected worgen as a new race after being transformed during the Shade of Arugal questline in Grizzly hills. I honestly couldnt see Bliz working that hard on a model with animations for so many attacks under player control without it being for a longer term purpose.

Good news imo lets just hope they are neutral so both factions are equally satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzygnome
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't quite get how new halloween masks prove that there will be new races in the next expansion.
    This.

Making assumptions via random in game items isn't very smart. If you drink enough Pygmy Oil, you turn into a Sand Gnome... NEW RACE!!! Let's be smart about this people.

A bold promise there Boub. I'll hold you onto it
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Worgen

Worgen are among the few humanoids that can be skinned.
    oh the implications of such a thing....
    YESYESYESYESYES

They're probably just making fun of all the speculations of just goblins and worgens being new races in an upcoming expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic
    i personally doubt it

it could be worgen is a new neutral faction, fighting the goblins as well.

the goblins where wearing masks during halloween iirc

who knows.

i personally dont care before its official :P
    Well it is kind of strange that if only this, they would add a female model. Female models are extraordinarily rare in this game for a non-player race. Things like broken they only half finished the female model and worgen have gotten by all this time with just being a male model (although would you really check?) I think if they were just going to be fighting the goblins they wouldn't feel a pressing need to make a female version.

I like the female ones though, I'd love to play them on the Horde, so I'm hoping for the neutral faction that chooses a side to be true.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkax
    They're probably just making fun of all the speculations of just goblins and worgens being new races in an upcoming expansion.

@Plawsky, wertigo: To be honest I saw this when the patch was released but wanted to keep the news for Tuesday because this is the day where we have the biggest amount of visitors. And there isn't any datamining skill here, it's just a matter of checking the listfile of the patch for new textures and models, which is something I do for pretty much all the patches.
    not trying to be rude but people have been posting about this all day before you put it on the front page...

Those photos from the front page have been all over the forums and other sites since at least this morning.
    Maybe I dont understand what you are saying, sorry if I'm incorrect but my understanding is they are just new masks for Halloween.