Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Making such announcement based only on...Haloween masks?

While i think this is jumping the gun, i'm goign to throw my three cents in about something...

Goblins as a whole will never pick a side. BUT - if a faction of goblins get thrown out of Undermine for some reason / some principality dispute, they could FEASIBLY join the horde. After all, if the goblins were truly Neutral, why not build Zepp's for the alliance?

Worgen... the only, ONLY reason I can see them joining the horde is this: Gilneas is discovered to still exist, The alliance sends knights there to help them, only to find them all turned into Worgen. Still intellegent, still vital to the existence of mankind, but Worgen none the less. The knights begin a slaughter...

That said though, I am betting they go alliance. Then alliance could have a tauren-sized race, and horde (with goblins) could have a gnomed size race. then everyone can stop kvetching.
    Pax Aeterna - Area 52

Goblins are considered "true neutral"
    Worgen are considered "neutral evil", you do the math.

Besides, that`s all the horde needs.. more green skins!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottlawson_11
    the hunter worgen pet nerf makes a lot more sense now.

THHHHHHHIIIISSSSSSSSSSS

Blizz - "we do not want hunters having worgen pets"

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkax
    They're probably just making fun of all the speculations of just goblins and worgens being new races in an upcoming expansion.
    So they would create such high-textured images just for the kicks? Blizzard? The same Blizzard, who is obviously so lazy these days?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Not to argue too vehemently ...

But, from the look of the 'worgen' masks, the race looks oddly more feline than canine. If you look at how the male face is structured, it shares more characteristics with say, a lion, than with a wolf. The female face is another thing altogether, which looks something like a miss-match between a red panda, a fox, and a cat of some type.

To me, personally, this either speaks to a change in the overall look of the Worgen, or another race entirely?

I am re-rolling a Worgan Rogue, no questions about it

I had hoped for this during the Wrath Beta when we could do quests with the frenzyheart and my friends ahve discussed this many times for both of these races, it's really hard for me to not get my hopes up, but... It's kind of already started, I may actually have to re-roll.... again

But now we need information on the next new class.... the newest addition of hero classes...
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Neutral races with the option of choosing either Horde or Alliance is what my money is on. It's just hard for me to see the reason why certain goblin cities allow ally in (Gadgetzan, Booty Bay, etc.) while having goblins Horde exclusive.

Kinda doubt it, but I'm excited anyhow.
    The fact that the masks only feature playable classes, and the female worgen...

Yeah, being announced as playable classes sounds plausible.

Changes made to the Emerald Dream stuff as well.. kinda hoped for Maelstrom, but hey, Emerald Dream is an excellent setting... it's all current continents merged as one without many cities... shitload of druids and lush forests and meadows. Gief.

Oh and, really.. worgen on the alliance? Really, Blood Elves was bad enough, the Horde should get the furry/"evil" ones. While goblins doesn't fit that well into the Alliance, frankly better in the Horde but meh...

Can't wait to make my Worgen Warlock. Hopefully they start at level 60ish.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

From wowwiki:

Nevertheless, more refugees and other nations have entreated Gilneas for aid. These unfortunates never see a Gilnean and are easy prey for the worgen that occasionally stray south from Shadowfang Keep.LoC 97 Gilneas is presumed not to have been affected by the Scourge.

--------

Before the new Alliance race for the Burning Crusade was announced there were rumors that the inhabitants of Gilneas have turned into worgen and that worgen would be the new race and Gilneas their homeland.

--------

Chris Metzen mentioned in an interview that Blizzard has some "very, very, very interesting plans for Gilneas", but he would not reveal any further details

--------

Quote Originally Posted by Vileedge
    Not to argue too vehemently ...

But, from the look of the 'worgen' masks, the race looks oddly more feline than canine. If you look at how the male face is structured, it shares more characteristics with say, a lion, than with a wolf. The female face is another thing altogether, which looks something like a miss-match between a red panda, a fox, and a cat of some type.

To me, personally, this either speaks to a change in the overall look of the Worgen, or another race entirely?
    You could also say both Goblin masks look more like Orcs without the tusks then they do look like Goblins. These things are flat, and the shape of the face is a very determining factor on how something looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcho
    This is a little bold, don't you think? It's not confirmed at all.
    And the rest of you saying this is a rather bold move - yes, it seems to be intentionally that way.
    With this, there hasn't been a mask that you can't play as a race. This so-called brave assumption is pretty much the best we've got for now for logical debate. And hey, if it turns out to be wrong, at least it was something fun to discuss and post about.

Personally, if the whole idea of being able to choose a faction at one point in the beginning quest chain doesn't work out, I'd have to say Goblins go to Horde and Worgen go to Alliance.
    Goblins have stayed neutral for their trade partnerships and probably still will after this (theoretically) happens, but there could be some that just go straight Horde because of their strong(er) affiliations.
    Worgens to the Alliance because it was Night Elves that summoned them to begin with - who's to say they can't be controlled / negotiated with if there are intelligent leaders? (That would really lead me to wonder what's to happen to the various Worgen camps that are for Alliance quests)

I hope this actually works out. It could easily be made the new gimmick for "Cataclysm", being able to choose factions at the end of the goblin/worgen quest chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    Arcane Barrage is a Blood Elf racial. He's making reference to the trope that 99% of Belfadins are n00bs who don't know anything about their class ... a stereotype that remains true even two years after TBC came out.

Incoming 20+ pages imo

Also, if we say that no new classes are added, which playable classes will they be?

Death Knight for both obviously
    Mage, Warlock, Priest and Warrior for Worgen, if you have fought against them you will have noticed those classes. I'd also guess Rogue

Goblins could be anything, any thoughts?

Also, almost impossible to post at the moment

Then alliance could have a tauren-sized race,
    Space squids are already the Tauren sized alliance race. The Worgen will probably more Troll sized ( Tall with long arms).

flammable

Obviously you have some kind of insider information =D.

Why is anyone doubting Boubouille? First... he would have to be supremely confident to have posted this, second he has never been wrong, third he has said he is 100% sure. When anyone wants to get out information to the WoW community, they contact Boubouille; Where as, just because you have read a few lore books you think you can see straight through it?

Fuckings china, now we can't get Pandaren as race... FFS.

OH MY GOD!

They won't be neutral as that would create all sorts of confusion in pvp (yes, you may not like pvp, but blizzard does).

I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands