Page 1 of 80
... LastLast

Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion
    I like catchy titles. In the last PTR build 4 new textures of Halloween masks have been added.

• 2 of them are for Goblins masks - Helm_Mask_Halloween_GoF and Helm_Mask_Halloween_GoM
    • 2 of them are for Worgens masks - Helm_Mask_Halloween_WoF and Helm_Mask_Halloween_WoM

Even if the Goblin texture would make sense as an addition to the game, adding Worgens texture out of nowhere is definitely a sign that the 2 new races of the expansion will be the Worgens (most likely for the Alliance) and the Goblins.

I know that a lot of people will love to argue with that over hundreds of replies. I would just like to add that it usually takes a lot to make me post something on the front page and I don't think I've ever been wrong everytime I did. Hopefully Blizzard will react fast enough and add tons of new masks in the next build just to pretend that it was intended. (Suggestion: Pandarens please)

On a non related sidenote, I would also like to point out that the old Emerald Dream maps that have been in the game files for years have been slightly updated throughout the 3.2, and in the Build 10072 of the PTRs the Map.dbc file with some of the settings for each zone was updated to make it a 40 Players max zone.

PTR Focused Testing - Northrend Beasts and Faction Champions
    The Northrend Beasts (Info + Loot) and Faction Champions (Info / Loot) encounters are being test on the US Test Realms. I will not copy the skills list once again, just check the older posts.

The new items will be added to the Item Database Latest Additions Page, a compilation will be available on the front page once the testing is done.

Update - I will keep the loot tables update on the itemDB for the moment, tags have been created to make the browsing easier, most of the bosses had their loot table cleaned/updated.

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Gasp

(My comment on the previous thread about this

One idea of the next expansion's "gimmick" (see: Dranaei, Blood Elves, Death Knight) might indeed be these two new races, but the gimmick being the ability to choose side, as both races are somewhat neutral in nature. For example, before you leave the starting zone of said races, you get the ability to choose either Horde or Alliance as your faction. You cannot leave the zone until you've decided, nor join any guild or be teleported out until you've chosen. Through a questchain for example.

Just a thought. Also;

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    On a non related sidenote, I would also like to point out that the old Emerald Dream maps that have been in the game files for years have been slightly updated throughout the 3.2, and in the Build 10072 of the PTRs the Map.dbc file with some of the settings for each zone was updated to make it a 40 Players max zone.
    Wow.

So i hope that means Worgens for the Horde.

lolwut? Did i miss something? oO

We're getting goblin and worgen as playable races?
    Wooohooooo!

Very interesting information there, and the Worgen masks are awesome.

I will however not make any hopes/going crazy just yet.

Hopefully both races will be playable by Alliance and Horde.. Fits lore.

the hunter worgen pet nerf makes a lot more sense now.

Wooow thats realy niice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senthyth
    Hopefully both races will be playable by Alliance and Horde.. Fits lore.
    oh no doubt.

I mean, look at all the lore linking the worgen to the horde. Orcs, Trolls, and Worgen are like the three tightest knit races in the game.

The title is a little misleading don't you think?
    Since blizzard haven't confirmed anything yet (i think?) perhaps you should write that it's LIKELY it's the new races :>

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!!!! GOBLINS WOOOOOOOOOT I WISH I COULD REROLL :'(

Man, Boub - you've got some serious data-mining skills.

Very exciting for sure. Can't wait to hear more about the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tussi
    oh no doubt.

I mean, look at all the lore linking the worgen to the horde. Orcs, Trolls, and Worgen are like the three tightest knit races in the game.
    yeah... just like the dwarfs and draenei are as connected as orcs and trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    Man, Boub - you've got some serious data-mining skills.
    While I agree Boub is awesome in every way, I don't think this was his work. ^^

This is a little bold, don't you think? It's not confirmed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wertigo
    One idea of the next expansion's "gimmick" (see: Dranaei, Blood Elves, Death Knight) might indeed be these two new races, but the gimmick being the ability to choose side, as both races are somewhat neutral in nature. For example, before you leave the starting zone of said races, you get the ability to choose either Horde or Alliance as your faction. You cannot leave the zone until you've decided, nor join any guild or be teleported out until you've chosen. Through a questchain for example.
    I have suspected this idea since they annouced the "Faction Change" service that was coming.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

@Plawsky, wertigo: To be honest I saw this when the patch was released but wanted to keep the news for Tuesday because this is the day where we have the biggest amount of visitors. And there isn't any datamining skill here, it's just a matter of checking the listfile of the patch for new textures and models, which is something I do for pretty much all the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    I have suspected this idea since they annouced the "Faction Change" service that was coming.
    Very good point, didn't even cross my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    yeah... just like the dwarfs and draenei are as connected as orcs and trolls
    Alright, let's see how connected Worgen are to the horde then, that would make them a viable "2 sided" race?

Orcs - No connection at all.
    Trolls - ^
    Tauren - ^
    Blood elves - ^
    Undead - Minor conflicts in Silverpine forest.

So why exactly would worgen be horde when all current information about them, both official lore and speculation (I.E. Gilneas) points them to the alliance?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't quite get how new halloween masks prove that there will be new races in the next expansion.