PvP with Imp in 3.2

Ok so this is just speculation. I'm thinking warlocks want big crits in arena and the more the better.

-with the new changes to the imp along with the change that pets will inherit stats like resilience.

could the imp be viable in arena?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...&version=10116

Just a thought what do you guys think.

Re: PvP with Imp in 3.2

No inst summon and rely on pet??
    remember IMp can be three shot or two.

Wut? You really don't want to miss offensive & defensive dispell and counterspell.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeth
    No other pet then Felhunter can be put in the role as "Right, here's an arena game and I don't know who we'll face. Let's use this pet!
    what about succ? its a good choice for the extra cc on 2v2 imo, specialy if you play a burst comp (as you maintain one player cced out of the fight while you burst the other one down etc)

and imp would be like what, a searing totem with a buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon9
    and imp would be like what, a searing totem with a buff?
    yeah but the idea is that with the new imp changes every time the imp crits you crit. searing ttem sure but eeryone know that criting warlocks= death to all in arena.

Kharay1977

Buffs aside, the Imp is simply too fragile to be taken seriously. At least, to be taken THAT seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusemissile
    criting warlocks= death to all in arena.
    First, poeple have resili Imp crit is nearly impossable.
    Second, your statment is only true if you are still alive.

I use voidwalker in arena for the 12k health bubble. Saves me from those nasty pallys and rogues.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

15+ Year Old Account

Fully talented your imp is just shy of 19% crit.

So theoretically ever 5 casts (10s) you get a guaranteed crit.

Or you could simply focus on the things in PVP that matter, such as staying alive, shutting down healers, and getting the kills.

R.I.P. YARG

As noted in the 3.2 ptr thread (which subsequently links to this Elitist Jerks thread) the emp imp changes scale backward with haste / crit (as you gain haste/crit the gains of emp imp decrease).

This is all a moot point though, since imp is absurdly easy to kill and felpuppy has better PvP utility.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Id have to go with keeping fel puppy or succy.

Sure the imp would allow more burst but with fel puppy messing with healers and succy allowing more cc youd be better off with one of those.

As for what one you want it would probly depend on what team set up you have and what arena your doing.

2s succy would be best giving cc to turn the 2v2 into a 2v1 for the short amount of time. But in 3s and 5s fel puppy would be best unless you have trouble lasting while fighting melee teams.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.