Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Recruiting a paladin

To recruit a new player from a new class WHO can play their classe is quite often easy, however i want to share a story on how to recruit 3 paladins of each spec.

First off a holy paladin. it shouldnt be that hard as it sounds. My friend, the one who deleted his paladin, helped me in this part and told me 90% of ALL players are crap but the class you notice that number most is paladins.

He showed me the things in all specs.

Holy, most are just spamming and got no control over timings.

Prot is prot and you know a great tank when you see one, too bad there isnt that many of them.

Ret, FCFS rotation isnt what a ret paladin should strive for. Its alot more than that. No? Well Ive been trying to cope with the named persons guidance on how to play a friends paladin and tbh im not even close in performance even after 3-4 weeks.

So bottom part is ive been recruiting 3 paladins over 3 months and even though i cant perform as paladin(damn harder than it sounds). There is not so many of them around. Kudos pallies.

Re: Recruiting a paladin

this makes no sense. i am now dumber for reading it. may god have mercy on your soul.

Where are you trying to get with this post?
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    this makes no sense. i am now dumber for reading it. may god have mercy on your soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

He is saying that due to the influx of facerolling paladins that rerolled to the class soon after 3.0 hit, they never bothered to really learn how to handle the class as a whole. Now that the class is becoming a bit more balanced and dynamic these people are trying to faceroll their way into a new build and failing terribly.

Its the same thing every OP class sees as it gets balanced. Everyone bails out for the next FOTM.

80 Paladin (x2), 80 Shaman (x3), 80 Rogue (x2), 80 Mage, 80 Death Knight, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurrrman

Ret, FCFS rotation isnt what a ret paladin should strive for. Its alot more than that. No? Well Ive been trying to cope with the named persons guidance on how to play a friends paladin and tbh im not even close in performance even after 3-4 weeks.
    If you can't figure out how Ret PvE DPS works after 3 or 4 weeks then there's something wrong. The skill cap is like super low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by FurioRing
    He is saying that due to the influx of facerolling paladins that rerolled to the class soon after 3.0 hit, they never bothered to really learn how to handle the class as a whole. Now that the class is becoming a bit more balanced and dynamic these people are trying to faceroll their way into a new build and failing terribly.

Its the same thing every OP class sees as it gets balanced. Everyone bails out for the next FOTM.
    Thanks for the translation. Then there's nothing new to this thread.

If your stories are anything like how you talk to your paladins then.. no wonder.

15+ Year Old Account

Ummm....

L2Get information across?

well, saying retatards are the new huntards would make a little more sense, but we knew that just before wow when EVERY holy pally and most prot on every server went ret. greens, mixed max junk, facerolling pvp and pve both. i remember just before wrath when i too was ret (but at the time had same lvl gear for ret and holy and was always switching) i got random tells every 10 mins asking if i was a healer because there were no holy pallies left, lol.

i think holy pallies started out good in wrath, but nax made them stupid. stack int. Holy light, don't worry about cleanse, ss, flash, shock, going oom, anything at all. macro HL to every key and watch tv while mashing any number on the keyboard. Holy pallies lost skill in healing, and now bliz is going to drop the bomb on them, and yes, horribad pallies will be made fun of again.

prot pallies, as long as i remember they have been easiest tank class because the ease of aoe aggro. Warriors have better single target, druids usually do more dps (used to anyways) and can take a bigger hit. but like holy pally, u can be a bad pally tank player, but as long as u understand how to build the toon, u can get buy.

im sorry but a really dont follow what your trying to say? pallies are hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Onex
    Being a average-one-of-a-million paladin ain't hard. But being absolutly perfect in rotation / dps for example is not as faceroll as many of you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovax
    Being a average-one-of-a-million paladin ain't hard. But being absolutly perfect in rotation / dps for example is not as faceroll as many of you think.
    Like EVERY OTHER CLASS in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Ret, FCFS rotation isnt what a ret paladin should strive for.
    Yes it is, fool.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Solendrys
    Ret, FCFS rotation isnt what a ret paladin should strive for.
    Yes it is, fool.
    I pity that fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    win

Quote Originally Posted by Onex
    I wouldn't be right if I had said that paladins were a hard class, but they're not as entirely easy as everyone makes them out to be. While FCFS should NOT be the thing to strive for, i think it makes the game a little better playing as such then playing as a boomkin who spams wrath, waiting for procs, and maybe something else, everyone once in a while (forgive me, i am not familiar with boomkin rotations). Yes, there are a lot of terribad paladins, and yes, a lot of them are in good gear, or at least gear that passes as good, but are still pulling less then 2,000 DPS in a raid, or in a pug, or whatever. FCFS isn't quite as easy as it would be made out to be, because you can't just keep pressing "1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 ..." and expect to have awesome DPS, you need to be able to make a conscious decision as to whether to use Consecration, Divine Storm, or Crusader Strike (hopefully most would answer Crusader Strike, but many might press DS or Cons) and thus is why DPS is terribad.

From what I hear, hunters and enh shamans are working off a FCFS rotation of sorts.

Prot is also another story, it's pretty easy to fail at prot if your not paying attention to rotations, and a 6-9-6-9 rotation is the best to follow for prot, resulting in some of the best TPS if your paying attention to what your doing. However, if you spam Consecrate, Holy Shield, Judgement, and then a SotR, your CD's are going to be fucked up and your going to be sitting there for so long waiting for something to come up. At least your doing something? Right? It's not as bad as being a resto shaman and spamming Chain Heal, and maybe the occasional earth shield on the tank.

Holy.. there isn't much to talk about, yes Holy is fairly easy, and you do need to pay attention to CD's as contrary to what has been said so far. You d0n't want to be stuck in the beginning or mid of a HL Cast with your Divine Plea up and have your tank at 9% health, you do need to time some things out, at least in the ways of HS, and a fast FoL, not to mention other assorted CDs.

Hunters and enh Shaman are not a FCFS rotation. They're a priority rotation that almost makes for a solid rotation when they're haste capped (hunters at least). Retadin really is FCFS and there isn't another option for them right now, though that changes to more of a priority rotation similar to what enh shamans have been working with for a while now. Ret is too much pure burst right now to be anything but FCFS effectively and your friend that told you that wasn't what they are was simply wrong. Pally isn't a hard class to play but like every other class, it is harder to play well than to simply get by. Getting by can get you to 80 with any spec of any class, doing it right has people whispering you as soon as you log in.