PTR SP Experience?

As I seem unable to get the PTR to work, I was wondering if anyone with PTR experience of playing ShadowPriest in PvP could share their thoughts on how its playing with the recent changes?

Thanks

R

Re: PTR SP Experience?

The recent change is moot, our survivability/mobility is our problem, and nothing to that effect was addressed. Expect to suck just as hard as before.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well, we will be slightly better in Battlegrounds, due to terrible players spamming dispel on the new VT and dispersion letting us survive one burst every 2 minutes inctead of 3. But basically, no changes whatsoever that will make us viable for serious PVP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I really hate that Spriests aren't getting a lot of love in the survival department.

I've played my spriest for over a year and a half, and while I can do decent in bgs- it doesn't help at all in arena. I have finally joined the healing side, to do more then die a few seconds later. I would just really love to be able to go back to being a threat to someone, instead of just annoying them because they can't stop my heals.
    Look, Your Worshipfulness, let's get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexendra
    I really hate that Spriests aren't getting a lot of love in the survival department.

I've played my spriest for over a year and a half, and while I can do decent in bgs- it doesn't help at all in arena. I have finally joined the healing side, to do more then die a few seconds later. I would just really love to be able to go back to being a threat to someone, instead of just annoying them because they can't stop my heals.
    i have to agree. i have been playing priests for over 2 years now and on a conversation with my guild i was saying about the priest issues (mobility and survivability) and someone said in chat "yeah never had a prob from a shadow priest or holy really. but disc takes forever to kill you should go disc"

the last part is the prob at hand 2 spec die easy the third just takes longer. i used to run round in my pvp gear as disc and i found that out yeah now i fight forever and die instead of just loosingand then run back. at least as shadow i have a small chance to kill them

so now i roll shadow hope all my cd's are up and hope i can out dps the guy on me. with a priest its a you kill them or they kill you world. no slipping away with invis, no blinking 40 yards away or even 15 yards its try win or die...thats y last thing i do when i know im not gonna make it is refresh the dots and hope they get him. :'(

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. As always, Spriests will be very partner dependent. In 2v2, theres little hope outside of rogue/spriest and perhaps mage/spriest.

However, in 3v3 there are a lot of viable combos. With the new dmg coefficient on VT it hits for about 5.5-6k dmg when dispelled @ 2500 spell power.

spriest/lock/sham
    spriest/rogue/druid
    spriest/mage/druid

For the most part with the new MS a spriest can make most combos work when paired with a high output dps and a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Malas7409
    It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. As always, Spriests will be very partner dependent. In 2v2, theres little hope outside of rogue/spriest and perhaps mage/spriest.
    Even Rogue/Shadow was nerfed with Diminishing Returns on Blind/Fear. But in 2's, it's more on the Rogue to be on the ball, even with the best Shadow. You have to stand still to do most of your DPS, and you have no way to get out of melee. That falls on them. In 3's, you're the odd one out hoping they don't come gunning for you first, because as said before, you can do great damage if you're left alone in a corner.

For the most part with the new MS a spriest can make most combos work when paired with a high output dps and a healer.
    For the most part, with the new MS, it's now forcing you to spend 3-4 more talents than you would in this area otherwise, for a twenty percent reduction, when healers weren't our problem. Again you rely on the others too much to be able to do your own job.

You could take that high output dps, find another high output dps with a 50% MS (see: Hunter, Warrior, Rogue) or the other 20% (frost mage) that has a lot of control and survivability and suddenly your team is doing better.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

In arena healers were a problem... I don't know if you've every tried to take down a half competent druid but with 2536 spell power and 14% crit it's pretty tough. I plan to run this build http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=10116 in arena. It's pretty solid and all you lose is 50% on crits with MB/SW, which are too RNG to be worrying about anyways. Next season having a 10-12% crit chance with our dots we can put out alot of pressure. I'm still hoping they will do something about our setup time before it hits though.