Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: "Let" them win...

Make your team do better and the person that says "Let them win" on a 5 cap in AB wont have to say it. That is all.

trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Burner

next BG > turtle

PVE Fest?

hour long epic battle? lol please just stop

if you want to spend hours farmin kills ho hangout in halaa or wintergrasp all day
    Yes, hour long epic battles. It happens quite a bit when you can force a turtle.

Yes, AV is a PvE fest. Rush to first mini boss, kill it, cap some towers/graveyards, maybe kill a couple horde. Rush to the final boss and kill it.

Please tell me how I can have epic battles in Halaa or WG?

You must have hated the original AV that could last for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    AB i can under stand guys saying let them win if we have 1 base vs 4. But Wsg -.- guys often say "let them win" when they captured the second flag... We can still win, every thing is about how much work every one in your team dose...
    see in this case it's fine. Sure keep fighting. It's when the other team has u on farm that people need to just let them have it.

Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    Yes, hour long epic battles. It happens quite a bit when you can force a turtle.

Yes, AV is a PvE fest. Rush to first mini boss, kill it, cap some towers/graveyards, maybe kill a couple horde. Rush to the final boss and kill it.

you are a complete moron!

trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    you are a complete moron!
    Because I enjoy a nice, long AV (where I can get maybe 200 kills) instead of a rush? Ok then...

15+ Year Old Account

Because I enjoy a nice, long AV (where I can get maybe 200 kills) instead of a rush? Ok then...
    I will agree, these are pretty fun, yea you rage a little if you loose. "All that for nothing!" But it's still all good fun.

trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia
    I will agree, these are pretty fun, yea you rage a little if you loose. "All that for nothing!" But it's still all good fun.
    But even if you lose you still come out with tons of honor. I've had games we lost and I had as much honor as the winning team. AV turtles ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Narit
    When i enter an AV and are down 200 reinforcements and see my team getting turtled i just say Let them win because i dont want to spend half an hour waiting to lose
    Don't want to wait thirty minutes to join another BG? Simply type /afk and cut your wait time in half!

i never call out to let them win. i try to make their win as hard as possible.

Alot of good points made here. My point is this; if you want to give up in the middle of a BG then /afk is your friend. I do mostly AB and WSG because I hate AV
    turtle matches. The only time I ever go in there is to farm marks (mostly one at a time) to get mounts. I get more honor from winning AB or WSG than I ever will
    losing AV. Besides, to me these are more enjoyable. But most of the time when I hear "just let them win" it's after one flag cap or when the opposition gets a 200 point lead. These people have no spirit of competition and are just looking someone else to get them free honor. When I BG, I go all out until the end no
    matter what the score is. Oh, and i run a healer in BG's so I take the bulk of the abuse yet I still continue to do the best I can no matter how many of my "teammates" have given up.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

a) you're a selfish prick
    b) If you want kill kill kill, go make a twink.

You do AVs because you can outgear people and enjoy unfair fights. Grats for you. Mindlessly slaughtering freshly dinged 80s is just stupid. Go find a kobold camp to kill.

Why would you give up, are all you people french or somthing ? I keep going until the game is over, there is always a chance you can win even if the odds seem impossible.

trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    a) you're a selfish prick
    b) If you want kill kill kill, go make a twink.

You do AVs because you can outgear people and enjoy unfair fights. Grats for you. Mindlessly slaughtering freshly dinged 80s is just stupid. Go find a kobold camp to kill.
    Eh there's plenty of people as geared as I am in AV who provide some good competition.

Sounds like you're one of those fresh 80s I just crit for 12k.

Forcing an AV turtle is as close as you'll get to old school AV, which was the greatest part of PvP in the game.

Purposely forcing turtles must be an Alliance thing because never once have I heard my Horde teammates call out for a turtle.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Eh there's plenty of people as geared as I am in AV who provide some good competition.

Sounds like you're one of those fresh 80s I just crit for 12k.

Forcing an AV turtle is as close as you'll get to old school AV, which was the greatest part of PvP in the game.
    I have those fresh 80s, yes, but I rarely go anyplace there are many enemies to deal with on the fresh 80s.

Yes, forcing the turtle is the closest thing to old school AV you can get these days. Unfortunately it's terrible in terms of honor and winning. It's a dick move to force 39 other people to suffer for your gains. I loved old AV. I wish they'd bring it back, but I'm not a big enough prick to screw 39 other people just because I like mindless pvp grinds.

I see alot of people say "let them win" when we lose the first round in strand, alot of them say
    "if horde win the first round, the best we can get is draw (if we defend it for 10 min) and draw = 1 mark."

Actually due to the 50 kills before you stop getting honor now i don't mind a turtle in AV or whatever, but shit like wsg where there's 2-3 healers on a tank spec/geared guy holding each flag and your team is too stupid to group up before running in its either time to drop the flag or just afk out.

Getting a constant stream of kills in an AB where opposite team has 4 bases or AV defense at the frostwolf towers/alliance bridge can be quite fun, even as a healer who can just sit back and rake in all the honor from everyone's kills. But games where one person is dying a minute or half your team is getting GY camped... why prolong that shit? Just get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by cydri
    It is said by the same people over and over, the ones who enter BG, have no idea how to play that BG and no intention to learn, I wish there was a vote kick.
    Word.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

im sick of this people giving up saying let them win

these are the points people want to give up just because

AB: they got more points then us / still somtimes we can turn it around
    AV: they are camping at the 1st boss people want to give up then / turns out theres 5 of them easy kill move on
    WSG: horde takes the 1st flag let them win / you can still win with team up and win. won lots of times when horde takes it 1st
    EoS: people giving up because horde has 3 bases / well next time defend bases do just run off
    SotA: we dint get to the chamber / so dont let them then

why would you want to give up and settle for 1 mark all you need to do is team up listen to what needs to be done to turn this around

just an idea make it that the losers dont recive a mark then just maybe just maybe they will want to win

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    It's a dick move to force 39 other people to suffer for your gains. I loved old AV. I wish they'd bring it back, but I'm not a big enough prick to screw 39 other people just because I like mindless pvp grinds.
    Wait what? He's a dick for wanting to pvp, in a battleground, where you're ment to pvp, instead of rushing to the pve boss at the end?

The 39 people are the ones screwing HIM tbh.

@Topic: If you don't want to finish the game, just leave the battleground. It's really not that complicated.