Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Hardmode Difficulty Level Question [10]

Quote Originally Posted by Malpercio
    Firefighter > One Light in the Darkness > Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood > I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning

Hardest to easiest.
    One Light is one of the easiest HM's on 10 man by far, our first kill we 1 shotted it and do 1 Light like normal Yogg every week. IMO Its -

Firefighter > Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood > I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning > One Light

Firefighter>One light in the darkness>Knock Knock Knock on wood>I love the smell of Saronite in the morning.

The major thing that makes Firefighter harder is that the encounter has changed alot. One light in the darkness just becomes harder than Four lights in the darkness.

The major change in One light in the darkness is probably that you'll have to exclude either Sanity Wells or killing the adds in Phase 3. We went with excluding Sanity wells. At first this was a huge problem and people got insane but we learned about every single ability that could lower our sanity and we prevented them from happening.
    Of course its inevitable to lose some sanity, and I ended up with 20 or so when we killed him, due to mishaps and other factors.

Firefighter on the other hand, requires you to change the whole bossfight as the fire is preventing you from major parts in the room, aswell as the tank gets more damage and the boss has more health. A super geared, high healthed tank is essential for this fight, along with damage reducing abilities such as pain suppresion.

We were very close with only getting two plasma blasts so if you got really good dps you might aswell be able to do it. Another thing was we watched other movies and checked when they got certain abilities and emotes at a certain time. We said that if the boss is below 1 million health when he casts flame suppressant, youre good, and if phase 2 is completed when he yells that its 6 minutes to self destruction, youre very good aswell.. so a couple of pointers.

Our guild has completed Firefighter but I was not on the kill, and we have tried several hours before but with no luck. Today hopefully we will gather the best players and complete it, along with that I get my mount.

Knock knock knock on wood is quite easy itself.. it just requires alot of healing and a more careful and well executed fight.

I love the smell of saronite in the morning is very easy aswell. Fel mana potions work for this boss and regains 3200 mana for the people who need it. The only thing here basically is good dps and that people watch out for the shadow crashes. We used the shield trick with a disc priest, and that shield shields for about 10000 damage, so it was very helpful. Healers mana was really no problem.

From easiest to hardest. Mine would have to be

Heartbreaker
    Orbit-uary
    I choose you, Steelbreaker
    I could say that this Cache was Rare
    Lose your Illusion
    Knock, Knock, Knock on wood
    I love the smell of Saronite in the morning
    One light in the darkness
    Firefighter
    Alone in the Darkness
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted

Alone In The Darkness-you ahve to kill yogg with 1 watcher or?>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Papir
    Alone In The Darkness-you ahve to kill yogg with 1 watcher or?>.>
    You have to kill him without any watchers.

Deleted

0 watchers for the meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Papir
    0 watchers for the meta?
    Nope 1 watcher, and its really easy on 10 man, one of the easiest

Deleted

Okay thanks =p

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz

Another question, for Firefighter should all Ranged be on the Head on the 3rd phase or focusing more on the bots to get the Head down for melee more often?
    Can someone answer this for me please?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick

...and I'm pretty sure it will be by far the hardest to master. Oh wait - except for Algalon. He hits like a friggin' convoy of trucks.
    Laughed my ass off, Algalon is no joke, I'm one of the tanks and he tossed my salad something awful, he hits so hard and so fast, we were lucky to make it to the tank transition in our first hour of attempts.

For us, being a very high dps caster heavy group, we steam rolled Yogg+1, the fight doesnt change its still easy as hell if you're familiar with it. Firefighter was the most unforgiving of them.

1. Firefighter
    2. Yogg+1
    3. Vezax
    4. Freya+3

Firefighter was the hardest imo because its a whole new level to the encounter, it requires you to basically learn an entire new boss fight, Vezax hard mode took us like an hour, but I can't say its because its easy, our healers were running on fumes near the end and only due to some extremely lucky cds and avoidance strings did we live through it...none of them will remotely prepare you for the pain that is Algalon, he is going to destroy your best tanks on a regular basis...

Can someone answer this for me please?
    Cheers.
    Depends on you're setup, but we usually have everyone exept the head tank kill 2 bots, then use the cores at the same time to get 100% DMG on the head (or 200% can't remember how much per core but it stacks), pop BL and everyone nukes it, it should drop within that 1 ground phase.

But this phase is ALL about movment, its the hardest phase imo. Phase 4 is cake as long as people move from the water bombs and stay grouped.

Firefighter
    2. Yogg+1
    3. Vezax
    4. Freya+3

I'd rank the encounters this way (easiest first):

Vezax
    Yogg
    Freya
    Mimiron

I play in a guild which focuses on 10man content only. And with 10man gear the difficulty rank changes. If we we're to have 25man gear, mimi and freya would become so much easier. Mostly because we would have so much more raid DPS.

However, if you guys are 25man geared, I think the "hardest" one will be yogg+1. But it shouldn't really be hard at all. Sure it will take some learning but the fight isn't complicated after you've spent a few hours on it.

P1: learn how to deal with clouds and interrupt. (if you've downed yogg before, you should already know this).

P2: Key to this is having a fast brain team so that no additional tentacles spawn. RNG can be a bitch in this phase. Just have your healers and ranged DPS chill outside while the brainteam does most of the work :P

P3: If you make it here with thorim as your keeper, you shouldn't have any problems at all. Healers and tanks sanity doesn't matter as they shouldn't be facing yogg at all. We used our ranged DPS on yogg, and melee on the immortal guardians. If one of you're ranged DPS would get dangerously low on sanity, just call for a switch with one of the melees.

The only problems we had with this fight is RNG in p2. People being grabbed by constrictors at unfortunate places, unfortunate brain links, constrictors releasing ppl down into the green beams or close to a crusher etc. But you learn to deal with the problems here as well. RNG is a bitch though.

Good luck. If you have the gear and competent people, I'm sure you'll burn trough these hard modes in no-time.

Our group set up is
    Mage
    Spriest
    Resto/enh sham
    Resto druidx2
    Hunter
    Warr Tank
    Retpally.
    Unholy DK/tank

Difficulty was
    Firefighter
    Yogg 1 light
    Vezax
    Knock Knock Knock

We spent about 6 hours on firefighter prenerf and about 2 post to kill him
    Vezax took us about 1:45
    1 light took us about 1:45 but we 2 shot him as soon as we got to p3 the first time
    Freya 3 trees we 2 shot.
    Algalon has been ripping or tanks to shreds though weve made some changes and should have him this week however. We were pretty fucked caused we didnt have a real tank healer like a Holy pally or Disc priest.

And our comp is a little odd but we have a really succesful hybrid group weve gotten hodir kills aslow as 1:51

If you're having trouble with Freya bc of gibs from rng damage (like typhoon + ground tremor + storm lasher and such) try running with 1 tank 4 healers. It works fine for us. We usually stick a warlock or hunter on trees + roots.

We do 3 heals on Vezax. If you're really having trouble with it you can use DI for regen.

Yogg we 2 shot although repeat clears have been messier at times. We go with 2 heals and 1 tank. Someone gets low on sanity swap them to adds.

For mimiron, if you're just learning the fight and phase 2 is giving you trouble, having a smart ranged or healer can help a lot if they kite the fires. If one spawns 15 yards from the boss its usually going to make a loop around the area and cutting off a lot of space. I typically try and run behind it and kite it outwards for a few spawns so that it takes up less room, also emphasize moving out of the boss' cone of attack as much as you can to avoid damage.

We've done phase 3 with a ranged heavy group, but also with melee. It's a little easier with ranged since you can just drop the core whenever and ranged kill it fast on their own. With more melee though you really have to drop the head at an opportune time to allow melee burn time. We usually loot 2 cores with a melee group then once the next fire spawns drag the head out of it and drop it twice in a row with bloodlust. It works nice.

we just got them done, but on vezax i was working. from my experiance

firefighter > yogg+1 > freya+3
    vezax i dont know though

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0mnOSe6YfutJr79W/

is combatlog for firefighter and yogg+1. we had ~1minute left on firefighter. so that should give you a clue about dps etc
    video is uploading atm(firefighter only). if you want i can post it so you got the wws and video simultaniusly (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by renzo797
    We do 3 heals on Vezax. If you're really having trouble with it you can use DI for regen.
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how does DI give mana back?

The only 'tricks' to this I've seen are:
    - Soulstone on a healer (if they run OOM, get themselves intentionally killed in shadowcrash to res w/ a few k mana)
    - Battle rez healer (same as above)
    - Dark Rune (these do work. Only good for a little over 1k mana, and 15 minute CD, but that can make a difference)
    - Casting non-healing spells (pally SS, priest PWS/PI, etc) from the shadowcrash for mana conservation
    - Priest casting Hymn of Hope when healers are fully OOM (gives no actual regen but due to temporary boost in overall mana pool generates 3-5k mana that can be used for about 12 seconds)
    - Fel mana potion? (someone mentioned this working earlier in the thread, though haven't verified this myself)

As to running 2 or 3 healers, that really depends on what classes you have for healers. 3 is more forgiving of mana pools since you have a 3rd, but you also prolong the encounter by reducing DPS. If you have a disc priest or a holy pally, and a pally (preferably ret) keeping up JoL, you can probably get by with just 2 - provided the tank is well geared, people don't get hit by shadowcrash, and healing from Mark of the Faceless is kept to a minimum. In our case, the pally (primarily FoL spam) was able to mostly solo heal it through till into the animus spawn in nothing but 10-man gear assisted with my PWS from shadowcrash on small spikes and penance from without for larger ones. When we hit the animus I basically took over the brunt of the healing through the end.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi
    we just got them done, but on vezax i was working. from my experiance

firefighter > yogg+1 > freya+3
    vezax i dont know though

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0mnOSe6YfutJr79W/

is combatlog for firefighter and yogg+1. we had ~1minute left on firefighter. so that should give you a clue about dps etc
    video is uploading atm(firefighter only). if you want i can post it so you got the wws and video simultaniusly (?)
    That link doesn't load up.

Internal Server Error.

That link doesn't load up.

Internal Server Error.
    hmm, now i cant open ANY combatlogs on worldoflogs ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

1 Light and Firefighter are in their own league as far as 10 mans go. 1 Light has more RNG involved than Firefighter but both take a coordinated group with solid dps.

General hard and Freya are both fairly easy. General has a very simple strat while Freyas strat is more complicated, but with less chance of the tank dying. Don't blow up detonating lashers during Ground Tremor and you're set. A Disc Priest makes it even easier just spamming shields on the entire raid.

If your DPSers are high and everyone knows the fight (from normal mode), Yogg is pretty faceroll. Was a bit disappointed when we oneshotted it the first time we tried.

Havent tried firefighter since the nerf so i won't comment on that.

General Vezax is extremly easy if you got a decent geared feral tank. Imp LotP heals for insane amounts,barskin can be used allot during the fight,and FR heals for sick amounts. Shamans are actually pretty good healers there aswell since earthshield is very mana efficient and healingstream is aswell.

Freya is pretty easy, much like Yogg. If you know the fight,you won't have much of a problem getting it down within a few tries.