Setbonus question. Resto

T8 4p setbonus gived me a huge buff in healing and i could control it well, but t9 4p setbonus just bring us back to third place maybe, it cant be controlled and will most likely overheal. What i liked is that i could steal 2k healing from every player in 25man with decend haste before priest top up everyone.
    What even worse is that priest got our t8 4p setbonus as talent, why we cant have it? I fail to see why should i like t9 over t8.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Setbonus question. Resto

A Healer is supposed to keep players alive (or atleast try to) its not about getting the heal first just to get higher on the meters.

Raid healing is a team sport. As long as the overall result is a win, don't worry about the top spot on a log parser. It has nothing to do with the efficacy of the role you're filling.

I will probably keep 4 pc t8.... its just too nice to give up.

and yes it is a team sport (4 of us (pally, discP, holyP, Rdruid) healed yogg and mimiron) but it is still fun competing and sniping each others heals (in friendly competition) when you still have full control over the healing, and no chance of the tank dying. as well that extra 1.6-2k heal essentially adds about 1.2k HPS to your overall (if your like me and pretty much just rejuv/WG/swiftmend everything with sporadic regrowths/LB stacks on tanks. with raid frames you can make sure you always utilize 4T8, but i don't like the RNG of 4T9, same reason i dont use rejuv glyph (use Swiftmend, Wild Growth, Nourish).

So yea... unless T9 is far better itemized i will probably stick with the 4T8.

cheers,
    BKD

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

On Tuesday, I'll pick up my 5th t8 piece (chest) even though it more of a side grade for me. The reason is that this will give me the flexibility to drop one piece come 3.2 and keep the set bonus, which, in my opinion, is exceptional. I have been monitoring it on www.worldoflogs.com, which monitors rejeuv and the bonus rejeuv as separate heals. The t8 bonuse rejeuv accounts for 12% to 16% of my total healing. I can't see how increased stats from 3.2 pieces will account for breaking up that kind of healing buff. Moreover, its not just stats, as a raid healer, I am far more effective hitting each raid member with an instant 1700 every second throughout an aoe intensive fight like Mimiron or Hodir.