Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: new ret 3.2 talent idea

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    obviously you have not done allot of pvp on the ptr if you had you would know that exorcism is can only be used on players if your art of war proc is up and if the person is already out of combat with you you already have zero chance of still having that proc. if would would take the time to look at the link i gave you would see we still have the use of a hammer of wrath (at reduced damage) when art of war is up plus our hammer of justice & repentance are on shorter cool downs. come to thing of it you must not have looked at the link at all now that i look at your previous questions.
    And when were these Exorcism changes posted anywhere?? Exorcism can be used without Art of War but it has a cast time when you do. Art of War is a buff and has a duration. Even still, I can proc it on the partner then use Exorcism on the drinker.

For someone posting suggested changes, you aren't very creative at all. More spammable instant strikes and a judgment debuff that is terribly OP and retarded.

Do you really expect people to read every single tooltip for every talent that you modified?? I looked at your link and only focused on the icons that have a different appearance or location than they do now.

Hammer of Wrath is a finishing move and should not be added as a damage ability for full health targets (at least not without a Sudden Death-like proc). That's the reason it hits so hard and has an 80% chance to crit.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

pretence if you really looked atthe change i suggested for using hammer of wrath on art of war procs you would realize that it would do X% less damage as in blizz could tweak it to there liking, the cooldown would keep it from being spammed.
    Really idk why i expect a blood elf player to be any smarter then my dog most of them are 12 year old children that do not understand half the game mechanics.

BTW i would expect someone with your gear lvl and score to have glyph seal of blood/martyr not consecration on the ret
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

pretence if you really looked atthe change i suggested for using hammer of wrath on art of war procs you would realize that it would do X% less damage as in blizz could tweak it to there liking, the cooldown would keep it from being spammed.
    Really idk why i expect a blood elf player to be any smarter then my dog most of them are 12 year old children that do not understand half the game mechanics.
    Irony.

BTW i would expect someone with your gear lvl and score to have glyph seal of blood/martyr not consecration on the ret
    LOL.

Are you really that bad or that clueless?? The consecration glyph is not for mana cost. I use it because of CD collisions. Do ret pallys ever have mana issues when they aren't judging shielded targets?? The only encounter that I can think of right now are the Evokers on Thorim. To solve that, I simply judge other targets and then get back on them. Mana is not the issue or the reason behind my glyphing.

Keep being naive and presenting garbage ideas because you live your life in the clouds and think that more melee attacks are what we need. Don't try to justify your removal of Exorcism with its crappy replacement of a watered down HoW. If HoW is a proc, it would have to be full powered just like Execute.

You still failed to impress me with your understanding of playstyle and ability to read tooltips/patch notes. Are you still arguing that Exorcism cannot be cast on players when AoW isn't up??

Someone already mentioned it and I haven't gone there yet, but part of your cloudy dreams also revolve around spammable CC's and interrupts. Hoj, Repentance, Divine Silence (or wtf ever you called it), and Arcane Torrent would never EVER fly. You have to consider that some pallys have an additional racial silence. Melee classes are already stronger than casters in arena and you are proposing that one class can keep a caster silenced/stunned for about 15 seconds. Pipe dreams.

I played an ally paladin from 2006-Jan 2009. That's when I rerolled horde. It was a choice I made to remove the majority of the "12 year old children" that you are referring to. You'd be amazed how many more mature players choose horde. The few kids that do play horde spend most of their time reading and contributing to Barrens chat.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

You have misspelled my name several times now when it is clearly displayed in front of you. Your use of the English language would lead the average person to believe that you are probably the clueless "12 year old children" that you are referring to.

Finishing moves aren't supposed to be procs. Your AoW proc'd HoW is terribad. Warriors get to Execute without procs when their target reaches a certain low point. Several other classes get increased damage when their target is low, essentially a finishing combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Every melee class in the game currently has a ranged attack that can be used against other players with the exception of paladins. You want to take away that one ability and replace it with a third instant melee special attack. Right now when doing arenas, it eats me alive inside when I see an opposing teammate sneak around a pillar or go sit in the corner and drink. Rogues and warriors can throw something at them, DK's can Death Coil them, but unless the pally has Repentance up, we can merely watch them.

If Exorcism was to be removed, Hand of Reckoning would have to be reinstated in pvp to deal damage to opposing players(even if it hit for only 1 damage) to give us the ability to keep someone in combat. TBH, I don't need another melee attack even if its a crappy version of Whirlwind/Divine Storm and it hits two players. We need an ability that every other class has to bring someone into combat from a distance aside from blowing one of our two long cd cc's.
    Do you even pvp? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Omnscient
    Do you even pvp? XD
    And the purpose of this comment was what?? My focus in WoW has always been PvE. I did 2s this season with a member from the guild just enough to get the Deadly libram for PvE uses. I enjoy the occasional BG, but that's about the extent of it.

What good is the extra melee strike when you can rarely spend enough time in melee range against casters to use the ones you already have?

Yea your ideas suck and you should probably never try again.

To use exorism next patch your MELLE as to crit. It will be pretty rare to have it up especially when you need it. But im not agreeing with these ideas at all.

I can appreciate what the OP is trying to accomplish here but a gimped version of sweeping strikes and a removable slow once a minute isnt going to make up for the loss of exo and our magic immune bubble.

The only reason why a ret bubbles is to a) Divine Sac b) Heal himself immune to the interrupts and damage which would otherwise kill him before his cast finishes.

I like the idea of having some choice and thought behind what were casting but the only change i really see here is the removal of important tools and the addition of imp cs: NOW WITH SWEEPING STRIKE ACTION!

Frankly people have to stop dancing around the issue Ret pallies need to do more single target damage. SoCommand needs to go. Its done for, over, and needs to never come back. In its place needs to be a baseline attack which modifies our dps so we have to maintain it in our rotation but the benefit for doing so will allow our single target dps to not suck so horrifically.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

To use exorism next patch your MELLE as to crit. It will be pretty rare to have it up especially when you need it. But im not agreeing with these ideas at all.
    So again I am asking... Where are the patch notes that say you can't use Exorcism without AoW? As far as I understood it, you could use exorcism anytime you wanted to but AoW made it an instant cast. You guys keep saying that to use it AoW has to be up. Are you saying this because you feel its worthless to utilize Exorcism with its 1.5 second cast when AoW isn't active?? Provide proof that its not usable without AoW. Having a cast time =/= unusable.

You judgements are considered melee hits in 3.2 and any pally worth his salt is well over 40% crit raid buffed.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

The term melee in the tooltip refers to all melee attacks, not just white hits. Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, and Judgements will still proc the ability (as all judgements were recently changed to melee attacks that cannot be dodged or parried). The only change is that now white melee crits will additionally proc the ability to make sure that the buff has nearly 100% uptime in PvE so the raiding rets will still be able to use it when they need it, without resetting their swing timer.

To use exorism next patch your MELLE as to crit. It will be pretty rare to have it up especially when you need it.
    PTR'd much lately? Itemized properly, it should be up ALL THE TIME! Hell, it's up all the time when I'm just smacking around the dummies self-buffed.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Decent effort I guess.... But you do not know the meaning of Balance :\.

Like i've said what's needed is a STRONG single target spell/ability which takes time to setup and is worth its weight in gold when it is able to be used.

Something like.

Changing all our baseline spells to add a debuff to our target. Increasing Holy Damage taken by .5% stacking twice. So you could gain 1% through consecration, Judgements, CS, DS, Exorcism (which would be dispelleable) this debuff would also only last as long as the abilities cd + 2 seconds. What this basically means is that if you fail at your rotation the stack would fall off.

Then add an ability called Justice of the Fallen Crusaders. Castable only when your target is fully debuffed IE you've gained your full 5% holy damage increase, you could then cast this spell which would judge our target with the full weight of the hosts of fallen crusaders burning the target for an initial 3kish (modified by 30% of ap, and 100% of sp) ticks for and unmodified 1k afterward for 5 seconds consumes the target in holy flames dealing 2kish (modified by 75% of ap, and 30% of sp) - 30 second cd. Costing 25% of your base mana.

Justice of the Fallen Crusader would be classified as a curse, and again would be dispellable but the debuff affects to allow said spell to be cast are magic dispellable IE if would take a healer/teamate completely ignoring this in order to be used in pvp IE it wouldn't be.

10+ Year Old Account

Looking back at it idk why i bothered trying half the ppl who posted are not paladins the other half don't pvp much which means there input isn't worth shit, guess thats all you can expect nowdays anyway
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Looking back at it idk why i bothered trying half the ppl who posted are not paladins the other half don't pvp much which means there input isn't worth shit, guess thats all you can expect nowdays anyway
    Looking back you shouldn't really bother, it's nice to have ideas and all but it's highly unlikely any suggested ideas are even balanced much less terribly feasible, or are the direction blizzard wants to go.

I've never seen evidence of a community forum post whose idea has actually contributed to something that's developed into an in game feature.