Priest resilience

At what point should a priest be happy with the amount of resilience? Or is there no amount and we should keep stacking resilience? As of now i have 792 resilience and in about 13,000 more honor points i'll have my hateful glad ring which will put me somewhere over 800 resilience. So what is my mark that i should set my resilience for?

Re: Priest resilience

My arena priest has 1066 resi (and 25k selfbuffed HP) and I'm still not happy. Mostly this is because those rets and DK's still hit like a truck.

Resilience is probably better for you of your going disc as even above 900 resi you can still have respectable healing output.

As shadow however, above 900 your damage starts to really suffer, so as well as being stillsquishy you do little damage to anyone else.

I'd say at present the golden mean for shadow is somewhere between 830-880 resilience befor your damage starts to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Misshooks
    At what point should a priest be happy with the amount of resilience? Or is there no amount and we should keep stacking resilience? As of now i have 792 resilience and in about 13,000 more honor points i'll have my hateful glad ring which will put me somewhere over 800 resilience. So what is my mark that i should set my resilience for?
    Next patch the value of resilience goes through the roof...

But for now, it's a matter of balance. Assuming a healer role, you need enough resilience to slow down how fast you are bursted down, enough health to make it through that burst in enemy CD's, and enough SP to effectively restore what you've lost. For competing in the mid-upper to upper level ranges 800 should be a bare minimum, and you'll probably want to aim for somewhere between 900-1100 depending on your bracket and comp. But if you're still picking up hateful offset pieces, etc, make sure to keep the balance - you won't hit 900+ resilence in hateful gear while maintaining sufficient health and SP.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

In 3.2 they are (finally) fixing the way resilience works to compensate for the overbloated amounts of crit and damage being done by DPSers today. At that point, 1k should be a good minimum. Until then, just keep stacking and cross your fingers.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Alright thank you guys for you help...as of today after the maintance is over i should end up getting my hateful glad ring and that will put me at 825 resil...after that i'm stuck with nothing more to get other then weapons which i need at least 1850 rateing to get a staff. I dont have any furious gear as of now just a mix of deadly and hatefull, mostly deadly. Can i end up getting a rateing of 1850 with only 825 resilience? Or would i need more to get that rateing of 1850 so i can get a weapon other then my crappy mace from Heroic nexus?

I ended up at 1850 with 700 resilience, dps gear and no knowledge of disc priest in wotlk. Some might say I got carried but the point is you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Misshooks
    Alright thank you guys for you help...as of today after the maintance is over i should end up getting my hateful glad ring and that will put me at 825 resil...after that i'm stuck with nothing more to get other then weapons which i need at least 1850 rateing to get a staff. I dont have any furious gear as of now just a mix of deadly and hatefull, mostly deadly. Can i end up getting a rateing of 1850 with only 825 resilience? Or would i need more to get that rateing of 1850 so i can get a weapon other then my crappy mace from Heroic nexus?
    Priests are extremely gear-dependent, but once you hit a certain level they're pretty powerful and not bad to climb the ladders. If you're in mostly deadly gear it shouldn't be a difficult trek to 1850, depending on your partner and respective skills (easiest comp would be rogue - whose peels should compensate for any shortcomings you might have in health, SP, resilience - followed by ret/DK) 1850 should be feasible, though your battlegroup can play a role in that as well...

Should you get to 1850, though, I'd suggest you pick up the MH/OH combo instead of a staff. While it costs more points, you pick up more SP at the expense of stats (this can be balanced out by gemming) but allow yourself the opportunity to get the spell pen OH which can make a huge difference. Also the MH has a much faster attack speed than the staff, which seems really trivial till you go smashing totems :-)

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

Run 2s with a very capable rogue and 1850 will be no problems whatsoever. I did arenas in BC as PvE holy with only half PvP gear with a fully PvP geared rogue buddy and we easily made 1650 before I got way too bored with it. If I was a PvP spec also, it woulda been cake.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present