Thread: SoV - Data Plz

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SoV - Data Plz

Hey guys,
    I would like to ask for some data about SoV on the PTR,
    my home computer is broken so I can´t DL it and test by myself.
    I´d like to know, for example:
    -Is it better to take healers down with it? (I´m considering Exo. too on this one) <--No I am not talking about battlegrounds or some freaking random world pvp.
    -Is the PvE dps better (Also considering Exo. :P )

Apreciate any decent comments. Thanks.

Re: SoV - Data Plz

Well, mate!

From what I've read Seal of Vengeance is the PvE seal and the debuff can stack 5 times. If I read the fora correctly a Retri Pally should always have 5 stacks up.

Seal of Command is considered to be the PvP-seal, but does less damage than Seal of Corruption if I recall correctly.

That's all I can remember. Other people can provide you with more date, but I did my part

After extensive testing with my copied over paladin i saw an average single target DPS increase of roughly 250-400, it varied a little, but it could just be rng crit procs throwing it off.

In pve we are fine, i haven't done any pvp testing or any testing with Seal of Command so i can't help ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser
    Well, mate!

From what I've read Seal of Vengeance is the PvE seal and the debuff can stack 5 times. If I read the fora correctly a Retri Pally should always have 5 stacks up.

Seal of Command is considered to be the PvP-seal, but does less damage than Seal of Corruption if I recall correctly.

That's all I can remember. Other people can provide you with more date, but I did my part
    Well,
    Yes so I read too, but was wishing to know more like, it stacks, for how much does the DoT tick? and whats around the proc damage that comes with the 5 stacks?

Thanks anyways. ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru
    Well,
    Yes so I read too, but was wishing to know more like, it stacks, for how much does the DoT tick? and whats around the proc damage that comes with the 5 stacks?

Thanks anyways. ;D
    The DoT ticks for about 1.2k damage every 3 seconds or so when fully stacked and talented......

What do you mean by "proc damage"?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    The DoT ticks for about 1.2k damage every 3 seconds or so when fully stacked and talented......

SoV on melee attacks probably.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    SoV on melee attacks probably.
    Then it wouldn't be "proc" but rather the "Seal hit" :P

Anyhow thats based on weapon damage of your current, well, weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

He probably means the extra hit of 33% weapondmg after getting 5 stacks up.
    Also this extra hit can crit like in sotm and deals double dmg.

As Ronark already said it deals about that amount with decent gear and the debuff ticks in total for 15 secs, if not refreshed within this time.
    Further, as far as i have seen for myself, the proc chance to apply a stack on your current target is very high, if not even 100%.
    The function itself reminds me a bit of a deathknight, first stack 2 diseases, then dealing the full potential dmg.
    But remember, as far you have not applied the essential 5 stacks on your target, there wont be an extra hit, so use this seal wisely in pvp (not against frost mages for example).

Hope it helped so far.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that the judgement of sov deals a massive amount of damage compared to SoC

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Traijan
    He probably means the extra hit of 33% weapondmg after getting 5 stacks up.
    Also this extra hit can crit like in sotm and deals double dmg.

As Ronark already said it deals about that amount with decent gear and the debuff ticks in total for 15 secs, if not refreshed within this time.
    Further, as far as i have seen for myself, the proc chance to apply a stack on your current target is very high, if not even 100%.
    The function itself reminds me a bit of a deathknight, first stack 2 diseases, then dealing the full potential dmg.
    But remember, as far you have not applied the essential 5 stacks on your target, there wont be an extra hit, so use this seal wisely in pvp (not against frost mages for example).

Hope it helped so far.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that the judgement of sov deals a massive amount of damage compared to SoC
    The "Extra hit" is not extra: Its sill the seal hit. On every Seal Hit, the number of HV applications is increased by 1. If the game "reads" that the stack has reached its limit, it treats the next application as the "extra hit".

Basically, the 33% damage/double crit ONLY occurs when you re-fresh your stack of HV.

Can SOV be dispelled?
    Or the dot effect?
    So you spend 78 years chasing a Priest mashing him up, only for him to dispell the dot each time it reaches 4 stacks?

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut
    Can SOV be dispelled?
    Or the dot effect?
    So you spend 78 years chasing a Priest mashing him up, only for him to dispell the dot each time it reaches 4 stacks?
    it is magic and can be dispelled. BUT, as pvp you should have 30% dispel resist

OK, so using SOV in PVP could be extremely frustrating when coming up against dispell classes?

Even with the 30% dispell resits, how are you finding it on PTR, as in how easy is it to reach 5 stacks, and how are people getting on against dispell combinations?

Maybe worth speccing into SOC also, if you still must talent for it that is, and even though it is weak as my nan, you have a damage seal to turn on when you come up against dispell classes?

What's your thoughts?
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

OK, so using SOV in PVP could be extremely frustrating when coming up against dispell classes?

Even with the 30% dispell resits, how are you finding it on PTR, as in how easy is it to reach 5 stacks, and how are people getting on against dispell combinations?

Maybe worth speccing into SOC also, if you still must talent for it that is, and even though it is weak as my nan, you have a damage seal to turn on when you come up against dispell classes?

What's your thoughts?
    do the math. any kind of melee hit adds a stack. only takes a few seconds to get 5 stacks up. i dont know about the dispell resist, but since paladins also have HoTC, JoL/W and maybe RV up on the target, its too much to dispell to make it worthwhile.

and ofc in arena they can get more debuffs on them

What's your thoughts?
    I say that dispelling it is not really an option , considering melee, CS, DS and judge will add a stack. Yes someone can dispell it but if you are on the target you will keep getting 5 stacks, yet still it will hurt dps. I think it will be a choice you make based on the situation, you will need to decide what seal to use depending on the situation, but generally I do not see this seal working very well in pvp, but maybe I am wrong.

I don't think Judgment adds a stack. I am not positive, but I don't think it does.

Can SOV be dispelled?
    Or the dot effect?
    It is dispellable but that just be be a waste of the healer's GCD as your next CS, DS or melee will refresh the 5th stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoan
    I don't think Judgment adds a stack. I am not positive, but I don't think it does.
    Nope judgement doesnt add a stack.

This is coming straight from PTR:

(The dummy was at 1 HP, thats why i could use HoW on it)
    Anyhow, you can see that damage from SoV's seal proc easily tops it. Average hit was 910, average crit was 1851 (remember thats self-buffed)

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Stoan
    Someone already said it didn't in the thread, but I thought I recall reading multiple places on this forum that said it did since they changed the mechanics of judgment. Now that it's rightfully a melee attack instead of a ranged attack (mechanically of course) shouldn't it proc seals just like DS, CS?

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    It is dispellable but that just be be a waste of the healer's GCD as your next CS, DS or melee will refresh the 5th stack.

Nope judgement doesnt add a stack.

This is coming straight from PTR:

(The dummy was at 1 HP, thats why i could use HoW on it)
    Anyhow, you can see that damage from SoV's seal proc easily tops it. Average hit was 910, average crit was 1851 (remember thats self-buffed)
    Awesome, amazing help so far guys =P

I have some more questions, for example, I am able to 5 dot multiple targets since DS (Donno if adds) refreshes the DoT right?
    If that´s true then I will be able, if use correctly on arenas (Not considering use off CC) with the Righteous Vengence, deals a massive amount of damage just on the DoTs is that correct? If so we will reign on 5s =]

Quote Originally Posted by Lubu
    Someone already said it didn't in the thread, but I thought I recall reading multiple places on this forum that said it did since they changed the mechanics of judgment. Now that it's rightfully a melee attack instead of a ranged attack (mechanically of course) shouldn't it proc seals just like DS, CS?
    I can confirm since the Judgement change last build, Judging does indeed add to the stack counter, even easier to reach 5.

Awesome, amazing help so far guys =P

I have some more questions, for example, I am able to 5 dot multiple targets since DS (Donno if adds) refreshes the DoT right?
    If that´s true then I will be able, if use correctly on arenas (Not considering use off CC) with the Righteous Vengence, deals a massive amount of damage just on the DoTs is that correct? If so we will reign on 5s =]
    Yes you can fully DoT up 5 enemies but that would take you 50 seconds (5 DS x 10 seconds) and by that time the match should be over :P
    And yea that would totally screw your teammates' CCs.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin