Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Skada Vs REcount

i got rid of recount for skada because it reveals the same info with way less memory hogging during collection.

Quick question.

Does skada have a damage done/dps breakdown showing the percentage done by each ability and what not?

I love how people automatically discount Skada because not everyone has heard of it. It reminds me of when Omen first came on the scene. All the KTM users were making the same comments that the Recount users are making now.

I personally think that Recount can do more than Skada but 99% of the users don't take advantage of those features. It would be better for them to use Skada. If you are a raid leader and trying to get a first kill and need all the information you can possibly get I would suggest Recount.

I like pizza!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    According to who? The author, you and the 12 other people using it worldwide?
    Downloads Total: 249,114

On curse ... I dont think 14 ppl are sitting and spam-dling so its quite obvious that more than 14 ppl use it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot
    I've used both and like both, but i stick to recount. The pie charts are just easier for me to look at. The ability for skada to do threat is also nice, but I have omen set up to allow me to see my threat level at a quick glance and I don't believe skada is capable of doing it the same. I have my tank bar colored to match my ui and my bar bright red, while all others are transparent.
    still using recount myself, and i know the author is looking at making an auto-parse to it besides the otions already available. and for those complaining about data collection personally i turn off data collection in bg, ooc, solo, etc. if you want a threat for recount use this http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...untthreat.aspx it uses the same coding as omen and skada and has a toggel feature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Axal
    Quick question.

Does skada have a damage done/dps breakdown showing the percentage done by each ability and what not?
    Yes, it does axal it'll show the dmg/% for each ability.

Kewl, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil
    Recount has always been a good damage meter, complete and with lost of informations about your dps.

anyway Skada can do the same things, without using so much memory as recount does and is has a MINIMAP BUTTON :P

imho, Skada > Recount.

not meaning recount is bad, just skada does the same thing in less space. (is accurate, tried to run both of them simultaneously and got the same results)
    If this is true, I will have to give it a try. I really like dmg meters, but I can't stand to have any more big mods running, I get low enough frames as is.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric

Sorry Somnio but you need to be corrected here for your poor attitude. Skada allows you to save only boss fights, so you can get a WWS type recap of the night through your damage meter whereas recount will only ever give you the previous 5 fights. Skada also monitors debuff uptimes which is critical in maintaining a proper raid and finding out who is slacking. In every way I can imagine the addons are interchangeable, with skada having a few more options.
    You can set Recount to show the last 25 fights, actually. Learn your competition before you bash it please.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Pardon me if this has already been answered in the thread but, I could not be bothered to read past the 1st page after the "OMG RECOUNT SUCKS AND WWS SUCKS QQ" started.

Does Skada take into account shields from Disc Priests in the healing done section?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Does Skada take into account shields from Disc Priests in the healing done section?
    Yes, but it is generally much more INaccurate than RecountGuessedAbsorbs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Also, to the comments about "only showing boss fights", you do realize there's a checkbox in the first page of Recount options... "Only Keep Boss Segments". Check that and it'll JUST keep fights that include a boss-level enemy. Set it to, ohh, 15 to 20 fights to keep, and you can keep every single boss fight for an entire night of raiding. :P

Quote Originally Posted by para11ax
    Yes, but it is generally much more INaccurate than RecountGuessedAbsorbs.
    I appreciate the response.

Deleted

Checked out Skada because of this threat, I seem to like it a lot better then recount

Quote Originally Posted by Flyby
    Checked out Skada because of this threat, I seem to like it a lot better then recount
    What threat? I don't see any threat...

Skada does look like an interesting alternitive to Recount though, I'll have to look into it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Deleted

Damage Meters.
    Why ? because it shows everybody's DPS while taking into account their innactivity in the fight, meaning the numbers aren't inflated/broken by DoTers (rly stupid)
    Sure, Recount has more things to show (old recounts, dmg/heal/etc per mob, other useless stuff) but I only care for the important stuff such as healing, overhealing, DPS, damage taken...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Also, to the comments about "only showing boss fights", you do realize there's a checkbox in the first page of Recount options... "Only Keep Boss Segments". Check that and it'll JUST keep fights that include a boss-level enemy. Set it to, ohh, 15 to 20 fights to keep, and you can keep every single boss fight for an entire night of raiding. :P
    hmm forgot i could do that, already turned off alot of collection to reduce log time and i don't look at the overall data anyways since i don't have an aoe trash dps omg toon. thanks

Been using Skada for a while now and I haven't missed Recount at all. I don't have the pie charts, but I can easily see damage TAKEN by specific enemy name, which is useful as hell for seeing exactly who is and isn't doing their job on a given fight. Add to that the fact that it's lighter, and it's been an easy choice for me.

i miss the recount total bar

I've always used Recount, and when it got deleted for some reason i had to find another damage meter, witch was Skada. And it was pretty annoying for me, i didnt like that add0n at all.