Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    Quote Originally Posted by akts
    Back in BC there was Recap and another damage meter (can't remember the name).
    sw stats i believe.

  2. #102
    mikozero
    Guest

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunz
    You can set the Automatic mode switching when entering combat for the Threat Module - after the fight it switches back to his last view ie. Damage Done for last fight.
    like the sound of this. gonna try it out.

  3. #103

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    For the people complaining about Skada DPS numbers being lower than the Recount ones, have you ever thought the numbers were off to begin with ?
    Try comparing DPS numbers between Skada, Recount, and an actual combatlog parser. You'll see Skada is more accurate.

  4. #104
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    124

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    I tried Skada raiding last night. It did use less memory than recount, but on my computer I saw no performance improvement. Auto switching to threat during combat is a nice feature as I had set up recount and omen to do the same thing, but this is easier. Overall I think it is a good alternative to recount with a couple exceptions:

    1. I could not find a breakdown of a specific spell's performance details. For example, I could find out how much of my healing was done by Holy Light, but I could not find a way to see what my average non-crit, or crit heal was or even see my crit percentage. This is probably a deal breaker for me as I personally like to be able to review this type of information at the end of a night of raiding.

    2. The data does not seem to be saved on a per character basis. When I log from my main to an alt, Skada shows all of the damage segments from my main. Not a huge deal to me, but a bit annoying.

  5. #105

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    Quote Originally Posted by daphoosa
    I tried Skada raiding last night. It did use less memory than recount, but on my computer I saw no performance improvement. Auto switching to threat during combat is a nice feature as I had set up recount and omen to do the same thing, but this is easier. Overall I think it is a good alternative to recount with a couple exceptions:

    1. I could not find a breakdown of a specific spell's performance details. For example, I could find out how much of my healing was done by Holy Light, but I could not find a way to see what my average non-crit, or crit heal was or even see my crit percentage. This is probably a deal breaker for me as I personally like to be able to review this type of information at the end of a night of raiding.

    2. The data does not seem to be saved on a per character basis. When I log from my main to an alt, Skada shows all of the damage segments from my main. Not a huge deal to me, but a bit annoying.
    ^This.

    Skada needs work to be more user-friendly and informative of the data we want, but in time with said work, it could become the next big combat/dps meter. The menu navigation is another downside as well as those listed above. It is easier to use and navigate thru Recount compared to Skada currently. Although Skada's display is remarkably cleaner and less distracting then Recount's.

    What is MORE IMPORTANT then all that is this reality: Recount's original developer has stopped work on it and it is currently being handled by someone else. The last update was 2 months ago on Curse (5/18/2009). Where as Skada was updated 19 minutes ago and is heavily being worked on by the add-on's developer.

    I am currently still using Recount in preference to Skada, but I continue to update Skada and provide feedback with each update. The Skada guy is listening and proactive. Plus who knows what will happen to Recount come 3.2.

    And yes, Skada runs better then Recount on computers currently.It is very clean and efficient, just doesn't give us all the data we get from Recount.



  6. #106

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazax
    What is MORE IMPORTANT then all that is this reality: Recount's original developer has stopped work on it and it is currently being handled by someone else. The last update was 2 months ago on Curse (5/18/2009). Where as Skada was updated 19 minutes ago and is heavily being worked on by the add-on's developer
    One very important thing that software engineers need to understand (and is often not understood), is the old idiom: "if it isn't broken, don't fix it".

    Recount is great at this point. It has pretty much everything one could possibly need, and then some. Main bulk of complaints in fact is that "recount is storing too much information because of all the features I don't need".
    The only thing recount needs now is bugfixing and compliance checks when new versions of the game come out. So far as that support is provided, it's going to take a long while until another addon will have a chance of really challenging recount as a benchmark damage meter addon.

  7. #107

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    Quote Originally Posted by daphoosa
    I tried Skada raiding last night. It did use less memory than recount, but on my computer I saw no performance improvement. Auto switching to threat during combat is a nice feature as I had set up recount and omen to do the same thing, but this is easier. Overall I think it is a good alternative to recount with a couple exceptions:

    1. I could not find a breakdown of a specific spell's performance details. For example, I could find out how much of my healing was done by Holy Light, but I could not find a way to see what my average non-crit, or crit heal was or even see my crit percentage. This is probably a deal breaker for me as I personally like to be able to review this type of information at the end of a night of raiding.

    2. The data does not seem to be saved on a per character basis. When I log from my main to an alt, Skada shows all of the damage segments from my main. Not a huge deal to me, but a bit annoying.
    First: left click the spell. You right/left click to move deeper and higher through the menus, giving you more information about what you need. Second, you have the same profile set to everyone. Set each one as it's own profile and you won't have that.

  8. #108

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    In order to see exactly what spell did what healing you just go to the Healing Done, then leftclick your name and it'll show.

  9. #109

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    i don't thing what he was trying to say. You left click your name you get what % each spell or attack did from the total if you click on the spell you see how many did crit and how many did normal hits, But not the min / average / max like recount

    PS well i didn't found it

  10. #110
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    124

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    Quote Originally Posted by gollie
    In order to see exactly what spell did what healing you just go to the Healing Done, then leftclick your name and it'll show.
    I again tried Skada last night in Ulduar. It does not show what I am looking for (if you are confused about what I want, re-read my post above. I was very specific.)

    I have no problems navigating Skada, I thinks it's a very usable alternative to recount's navigation.

    I will be uninstalling Skada and going back to Recount+Omen, but I will keep an eye on Skada. If they ever make it able to give what I want, I will definitely give it another try.

  11. #111

    Re: Skada Vs REcount

    Quote Originally Posted by Marydoll
    I switched from recount to skada not to long ago and i must say i like skada a lot more.
    Recount i had to reset every boss fight because it would start using to much memory and slowing down my game.
    Also as a disc priest i like the absorbed menu as i can shove it in other healers faces when they link the healing meters.
    I guess skada is more efficient for ppl with bad computers? I have my recount to show the last 25 fights(max I think) and after a full night of ulduar I still dont notice any lag. Recount has an absorbs menu if you get it off curse or something as others have a said a "module".

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathon
    To the guy that was talking about you dont need to worry unless you're using a PoS with only .5 or 1 gig of RAM....yeah that'd be me >_>. Supposed to have 2 gigs now...but its a long story I wont be boring you with. Anywho this Skada sounds interesting I'll take a look on curse about it and try it in tonight's raid. Maybe its just because I dont know how to use recount effectively, but I've always wished I could see more than the top 3 damage done to, things by certain people if I'm raid leader, like on hard mode deconstructor where some people just have so much damage done to deconstructor/the heart/any mechanicals in the heart phase I cant tell if they were dpsing the life sparks. Just my 2 cents so I hope this skada can do that.
    If you want to just see certain parts of a fight like on deconstructor then just use the record function where it will record dmg until you tell it to stop. And recount, if you roll over ppls names it shows how much dmg they did to what targets and what percent of their dmg that was....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •