Frost tanking in 3.2

Hello,

So as time of 3.2 is coming closer and closer I started to think about reliable spec for tanking. Atm im using Frost 1 disease rotation build (HB-OB-BS-BS -dump- etc) Im MT/OT in our guild Uld 10 and in some fights I have some problems with threat, becouse if I dont crit my TPS falls down badly, so if anyone could give some advise I would thank them.

Now back to the subject I was trying to make a build for 3.2 and this is what I made : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10116 . If anyone could rate or give few advises for changes I would be thankfull (Im still planning to stick with 2h and 1 disease rotation, unless you guys give me some great ideas)

Thanks

Re: Frost tanking in 3.2

Drop Vicious Strikes and Ravenous Dead & Morbidity imo, and get Bladed Armor, Scent of Blood and either 2h mastery or 2/5 Dark Conviction, ending up with something like this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10116

Reasons being: you're not using plague strike, nor scourge strike, so improving them is a waste of two talent points. As for Morbidity - you're really only using it on the pull, so it's a kind of waste. And you'll have enough AoE threat from HB & Blood Boil anyway. And while the 3% str from ravenous dead might seem neat, it's not that good for tanking. It's about 32 STR in my tanking gear, and I doubt it'd grant more than 50 tops in BiS gear (probably more like 40). That's not a lot of AP increase, and even less parry.

On the other hand, bladed armor grants me, hmm...128 AP, more than I'd get from strength. And Scent of Blood is a good source of runic power.

Thanks, the only reason i was thinking about Morbidity is 1 fight - Thorims, and having in mind that most of the time I stay to tank the arena 15sec on DnD looks very nice.

Untalented D&D, HB & BB are perfectly fine for Thorim arena. Been there, done that plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzprocket
    On the other hand, bladed armor grants me, hmm...128 AP, more than I'd get from strength.
    what do you mean by this? acording to ur armor it should give u 152.75 AP per point or 763.75 if u get 5/5 in the talent

anyway... 2H specialization is awesome talent. i dont see why u didnt take it yet.

Using the 1 disease rotation could be hurting your threat too...as a frost tank ur a spell based tank...if you start off with DnD ur threat shouldnt be much of an issue. U want to be dual diseasing and rotating off of that...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10116

I don't know if ur spell hit capped without the armory link, but I threw in Virulence if u werent. Seeing as it seems you don't like ur diseases wearing off i used Epidemic to give you more time to slap things before the disease wears off/refreshing it...as a tank Killing machine wouldn't proc enough to be of benefit i would think...as it's more of a dps talent, because like i said before, as frost ur throwing more spells than you are meleeing.

the rotation i used for frost spec was opening with DnD then to the rotation of IT/PS/BS or Pest/BS/Oblit or HB/ Oblit or HB...if it was a single target fight i would repeat this...if it was multi mobs then after that rotation I started at the first BS or Pest, normally opening with Pest then BB and continued with Oblit/Hb x2...it's just a matter of how many things as the tank you need to be hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcassiel
    Using the 1 disease rotation could be hurting your threat too...as a frost tank ur a spell based tank...if you start off with DnD ur threat shouldnt be much of an issue. U want to be dual diseasing and rotating off of that...
    Last time I tanked frost, more than 50% of my damage was RS/OB/Melee...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks
    Last time I tanked frost, more than 50% of my damage was RS/OB/Melee...
    As it should be. i tank trash and MT, and my overall numbers still show RS in the #1 spot of my dmg done. Howling blast is either 3rd or 4th.