Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret pally aggro issues

Your tank might lack exp//hit and overdoin stam?. Then we got fights like malygos+2 sparks and vezax ranged shadowcrashes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by waradridan
    I am haveing issues getting aggro on boss fights. My gear is Naxx 25/uld 10 and our main tank is a druid with off tank being a warrior(dunno if it makes a difference or not). I let the main tank gain aggro then i start my rotatation, the problem is i am scared to pop wings afraid i will pull aggro and get 1 or 2 shotted, still happens sometimes when i can't bubble in time. Since i am not tank i get raid heals but have to watch myself alot with the fear of just opening up(wich makes my dps lower). I am not gonna top the dps meter but want to stay alive and help down bosses. A good example was we were on KT and i was behind boss and my distance was ok, 2 shotted dead out of the blue.I use the standard rotation so i am not sure what to do. I'll link my toon and any sugestions or help is greatly appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Waradridan
    Take of Righteous Fury lol. Im ret and ive never had an aggro problem. Its most defiantly your tanks fault. You COULD hand of salvation yourself but i personally can say ive never had to. I usually save that for the damn mages >.>

You definitely do not want to go to Seal of Command, like someone said before. Your DPS wouldn't even be competitive then. If you roll with a rogue/hunter and your tank is having issues, ask them to tot/md your tank at the start to give them a little boost. If you don't have a rogue/hunter, wait a few more seconds before starting. When I'm dpsing (which is rare these days) I usually give 3-4 seconds and just go all out with my rotation, including wings, and have never had a problem.

1 theres is a possibility that the warrior is using vigilance on the druid for the damage decrease buff...possibly, tho this would be a particularly dumb warrior (or possibly a shit druid cos he should still be able to outthreat u)
    2 other possibility is u are using righteous fury... ???
    3 maybe number 1 is the case, but with out the vigilance...ur druid may just suck...

As a ret pally from a top guild i can say to u only that the prob is not u..its in the tanks...u have -30% aggro from talents...and salv if needed ( i pretty much use salf only on bosses like IC or Razorscale....fucking AoE figts )

A boggle to the OP, you said you have about 40% threat of what the tank has?
    Melee won´t pull aggro until they reach 110% threat, and if you´re outside of melee-range
    on the boss, you can do 130% threat before he comes running for ya wanting some
    1-on-1 action, his/hers/it´s fist/claws/tentacles vs. your face.
    I can´t see the problem.

On KT step out from voidzones, make sure all the melee don´t stand spread out
    like a peacocks ass and gets you all iceblocked.

I open right up as we run in, we have a good pally MT. If we have a warrior I give him 2-3sec, but with the pally I can just follow him in and whomp on whatever he's tanking.

Have a chat to your tank or raid leader to let them know you're having problems.

15+ Year Old Account

if you get aggro when you are at 40% of the tanks threat, he did get iceblocked and you didnt, or he died.

switching to SoC will lower your dps too much, so dont do it.

do you have taunt keybinded? possible that you did taunt him by accident.