54/17/0 help please

I have been PvPing for a time now and got tired of destro so i change to affli (54/17/0) and have been looking on different forums trying to find how to play like what spells to use when or the "rotation" in pvp
    so could any1 post link or healp me?

edit: i dont think i expressed(spelling?) my self very clear i am looking for What spells to use on different classes and tactics ex if i meet a mage or a warrior

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 54/17/0 help please

Rule #1 of Affliction
    Never stop moving.

Rule #2 of Affliction
    Why the fuck did you stop moving?

Rule #3 of Affliction
    Death Coil is not an opener

Rule #4 of Affliction
    Prayer of Mending will eat your soul

R.I.P. YARG

ókey i got the dont stop moving part but should i use life drain as a "filler"?

loldrainlife

If you have time as a filler either use SB if you have time or use searing pain, But if you have both cc'd you could mana drain the healer

So is there any special order i need to put dots up currently i use UA-CoA-Corr-Haunt

15+ Year Old Account

I always put up Corruption --> UA because I can sometimes trick a healer into dispelling it.

Drain life is not a filler.

Searing pain is your friend.

R.I.P. YARG

I tend to open with UA>corrupt>CoA>then haunt if they are farther than 8feet-ish, if they are closer i fear/howl and then haunt and shadowbolt to doublestack the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I always put up Corruption --> UA because I can sometimes trick a healer into dispelling it.

Drain life is not a filler.

Searing pain is your friend.
    ^^

CoA is the lowest priority of your debuffs. It does the least amount of dmg and (correct me if I'm wrong) it can be removed by remove curse without triggering UA's dispell effect.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

You should use fear as your filler if you play arena.
    If fear isn't an option, use searing pain or drain life, Depending on the situation.
    Drain life if you're low on hp and won't get heals for awhile, or if your target tries to pillar hug (drain life goes through pillars).
    Searing pain if non of the above fits your sitauation.

So is there any special order i need to put dots up currently i use UA-CoA-Corr-Haunt
    1.Corruption is your best dot period.
    2.Unstable affliction deals nice damage and protect your other dots.
    3.Haunt is a filler spell, use it if its off cooldown and you have time to cast it.
    3.Curse of agony is your worst dot *see Kelpies post*

Thats the order you should use the dots. both haunt and curse of agony is on 3:d place because you will cast curse of agony if you run and don't have time to stand still, but haunt is better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclaer
    edit: i dont think i expressed(spelling?) my self very clear i am looking for What spells to use on different classes and tactics ex if i meet a mage or a warrior
    In arena or duel?

15+ Year Old Account

Mage: Will be frost. Banish the pet when you get frozen. Deathcoil if you're frozen, have no escape mechanic, and he is casting a frostbolt. If he Iceblocks, get the fuck away so you don't fall victim to an immediate Frost Nova. Lastly, if you stand in the open you will die - a mage will always win a "stand there and cast shit at each other" contest. Moar dots!

Warrior: Get the addon Afflicted3. It will tell you when he pops Berserker Rage. When it's off, fear. When its up, kite the shit out of him. Curse of Exhaustion is good. He will always use Enraged Regeneration and a smart one will pop shield wall and beat on you with his shield. Make sure that you save your teleport for Hamstring.

R.I.P. YARG

my spec, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...icrage&group=1

54/14/3

i have my action bar setup as so

1 - Curruption
    2 - Curse of Agony
    3 - Huant
    4 - Unstable Affliction

Tab - Shadow Bolt
    CapsLock - Drain Life
    Shift + Capslock - Drain Soul

shift + 1 - Death Coil
    Shift + 2 - pvp health trinket

usualy i go 1,2,3,4 then capslock. usualy this is draining them.

and i win, but if my shadow bolt procs i usualy tab it and they get that debuff.

i have the curruption glyph so usualyin a fight i dot up about 3-4 guys with curruption and im gettnig shadow bolts left and right.

its nice draining someone then shadow bolt comes up, and i hit it then redrain and the have a shadow bolt kill shot.

instant howl is fun, sucks that some people can trinket out of it.

To discuss which spells to use...

In terms of spells, Corruption is definitely a must-put-up-as-soon-as-possible type of spell. The damage and healing is very significant. Unstable Affliction is fantastic, especially against priests and paladins as some can get very dispel happy. Haunt is also helpful, but it's more of a "cast if you can" type of spell, especially against a melee class that you need to get away from ASAP.

Curses are a bit of a mixed bag. For healers I like to place Curse of Tongues to slow them down a bit. For melee I prefer Curse of Exhaustion so I can kite them. Otherwise, Curse of Elements or Curse of Agony is an acceptable choice. To be honest, I haven't put Curse of Weakness to very much use.

To discuss your class examples...

Mages as affliction can be rough, especially if they have Mage Armor up. Mage Armor decreases the duration of all magical debuffs by 50%, including your dots and fears. My recommendation would be to keep your felhound up to dispel and to silence at crucial moments and keep moving as much as possible while refreshing your dots.

Warriors also can be rough since they have abilities at their disposal to make themselves immune to fear. If you took Curse of Exhaustion in your spec, I found it very useful to keep them away in between intercepts.

There is a fantastic post on the warlock forums that gives a lot of helpful advice on PvP. I've included the link for you. Good luck!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...57787949&sid=1