Totem of Wrath suggestion

I got a question for the whole community : If u got a BiS ele shaman and a BiS demo lock, which one would u take to raids with u ?

Given the fact that in ur raid u allrdy have an moonkin for the 5 % raidwide spellcrit, the 3 % more crit to a target due to heart of the crusader and that some resto shaman provides wrath of air totem.

I play ele myself, but even i would need to admit i would take the demo lock. Why u ask ? Cause of demonic pact, which scales with spellpower.

My suggestion would be : Totem of wrath : same mana cost, fire totem needed and lasts 5 min. Your spell criticals increases ur party/raids spellpower by 10 % of ur own spellpower. Lasts 12 sec. Also increases critical chanse of all attacks made against all enemies in a 40 y range.

Glyph of totem of wrath changes to : When u cast totem of wrath, ur spellpower increases by 10 % for 5 min. (To keep up with demo locks fel armor and demonic knowledge).

Re: Totem of Wrath suggestion

So, that means i'd get 3k~ sp without the normal ToW, +10% = 300 add an extra 10% = another 300 (600 total)... pretty awesome but i don't think they'd do it

Edited: - Maybe if they made it exactly the same as the warlocks one (just 10% of your spell power an an additional 3-4% maybe of your spell power for the glyph) - possibly raid wide or just your char, probably just you - and to make it slightly better than the current one it'd need to be 3% at 3k spell power to come out as 90 instead of like 86 or whatever it is and to break even it'd be just over 2800sp.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Demonic Pact is their one big flaw in the "Bring the player not the class"... More and more guilds will be interested in recruiting demo locks just for the buff. I agree that it would be fair to make shaman's ToW scale with SP, too.

Well, thats what im afraid off.

A full BiS geared, full buffed ele shaman in uld got +- 3250 spellpower (with ToW). With glyph of ToW he would get +- 3.33 k sp.

A full buffed, and BiS geared demo lock got +- 3150 sp, without demonic knowledge or demonic pact activated, but with fel armor. I cant find anywhere the numbers for demonic knowledge at 80 for demo locks, so i dont have a clue how much it would be if a felguard is summoned out.

The thing is, with the glyph of totem of wrath, my idea falls or stands. We should balance the glyph to give ele shaman the exact amount of sp that a demo lock gets when they are full buffed and BiS.

Any other suggestions are also welcome, next any help to problems i didnt see.

Quote Originally Posted by c12345
    Well, thats what im afraid off.

A full BiS geared, full buffed ele shaman in uld got +- 3250 spellpower (with ToW). With glyph of ToW he would get +- 3.33 k sp.

A full buffed, and BiS geared demo lock got +- 3150 sp, without demonic knowledge or demonic pact activated, but with fel armor. I cant find anywhere the numbers for demonic knowledge at 80 for demo locks, so i dont have a clue how much it would be if a felguard is summoned out.

The thing is, with the glyph of totem of wrath, my idea falls or stands. We should balance the glyph to give ele shaman the exact amount of sp that a demo lock gets when they are full buffed and BiS.
    Demo Knowledge and obviously the 10% from Demonic pact. (2% per rank)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Yeah, but my demo lock is lvl 66, i cant have a lvl 80 of every class...

I dont know how much stam+int a lvl 80 full buffed felguard got.

Count that number up at the sp i allrdy have told, and do that number x 1.1 = full sp of bis and full buffed.

If anybody wanna calculate this/have numbers, dont forget this only works with a full buffed felguard of a BiS geared demo lock with full buffs, kinda forgot that in my previous posts.

Apparantly it's around 200sp unbuffed, and then you can just add int buff, fort, motw, kings on... however i'm not sure if when the warlocks stats increases, the felguards does too (some base stats go to them i believe, or used to at some point). I'd have to poke around for more accurate numbers most likely.

A solution more likely to be implemented is simply nerfing the demo buff to be in line with ToW. Though I'm betting they don't do it till they actually see people raid as demo (at least I haven't ever seen it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.