Yogg 25(a little help here please)

Hi peeps, just started yogg yesterday and not having a whole lot of success, P1 is going down fine(in about 2 mins 30 secs or so) and P2 not so much with us being pretty much over run by the 3rd brain room. Its by no means a hardcore guild but ive done as much research pre-fight as I can. We've cleared it on 10 man so I now the basic tactics are there. Was hoping to get a few tips or tricks peeps might use to help phase 2 run smoother ie not a tenticle festival.

Using 1 hunter, resto druid, resto shammy and 7 melee in brain room, with rest of ranged outside trying to nuke down the crushers asap atm.

Thanks in advance for any help. :-[

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Yogg 25(a little help here please)

We were having the same problems in P2, one thing we found out is that basically the melee have 20 seconds from when the portals spawn to kill all the adds in the brain room, if the melee are too slow then after the 20 seconds an additional crusher tentacle will spawn instantly making the fight harder/longer, aim to get all the adds killed in 20 seconds and ideally to save on enrage issues etc you want your melee to have the brain on 30% after 3 portal phases, after that P3 is easy in comparison to 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

The key to not getting overrun is getting http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64145"]Diminishing Power[/url] under control. Having this up and stacking is a surefire way to falling behind both outside and inside the brain room. Having the raid outside the brain room, stick together as much as possible also greatly increases the killing speed, and for us atleast, has proven far superior than splitting the outside-raid up in anyway.

In the scenario were a rogue crusher spawns on the otherside of the map, while your still in the process of killing its predecesor, send your seconed tank over and have him hit it every 5-10 seconds to keep the debuff off the raid (its important he doesnt try to tank it for obvious reasons, but running in and hitting the crusher, and then running out again every now and then, will keep the debuff off, without getting him hit / killed). Also have the melee / brain group, focus on constrictor or corruptors between brain phases, really helps alot.

I know this is very vague help, because there could be multiple reasons why your getting overrun, but without more information, this is all i really could thing of, that might help.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

1st tip would be to switch out the resto shaman in brain room and get another melee dps / hunter down there.

And as some other people have said, if u get a second crusher up outside it will make it harder, that can be a good time to blow the bloodlust to catch up abit again, the brain group should get their bloodlust if they have a good illusion, like lich king or stormwind.

Another tip is to keep a tank on the crusher running forth and back every 6th-8th second as long as the crusher doesnt have more than 20stacks of the debuff he gets. If you are using a warrior tank, he can use heroic throw to interupt the "Diminishing Power"

Last but not least, practice makes perfect, Good luck
    When in doubt, Heroic Leap!

We had our share on wipes on yogg saron mainly on p2 (and when p1 ppl are so silly to stand in clouds [btw there should be an achievement something like: "stay at yogg saron clouds for 15 seconds doing /dance without getting kicked out of the guild"] :P)

From the composition i see i assume you always (or often) have 2 big tentacles outside the brain room, this is because you need to hit the 20seconds mark and clear the brainroom tentacles ASAP. My suggestion is use only 1 healer (resto druid) and reti pala(s). The drood HOTs them as they enter the room, the pala use JoL on the tentacles so they get some healing and if the retri moves (say) right side of the room, resto droods moves left side. When the 2 sub groups meet again then the droods heals them up and when all are healed drood dps the brain as well (not some amazing dps i know, but better than stay and be pretty :P)

If needed, you can use speed pots and/or heroism in the brain room and that would affect only those 10 ppl in it

Hope this helps

Replace the resto-shammy with an enhancement-shammy. A single resto-druid is enough for the brainrooms once he knows where to stand/walk to have everyone in healing range.
    Your melees should aim for at least 30sec left to dps the brain in each room. Time Bloodlust well to burn yoggs brain to 30% as quick as possible. If you need more than four portal phases your melee dps is probably to low or their moving paths need some improvement.

Hey, my guild has 6/9 hard modes so I guess I know a little about the fight.

-> Switch the resto shaman for another melee, the druid should be able to keep all of you up
    -> make sure you have all the necessary buffs for the melees in the brain room
    -> Have a melee shaman use blood lust in the room where 3 x 3 tentacles are standing together (it's the fastest room = max bl-uptime on the brain)
    -> after you have killed the tentacles in the rooms have the hunter use 30 % runspeed aura
    -> make sure everyone uses bigwigs/dbm, so that they are able to spread out for the portals in a timely fashion
    forumz addict :>

Yea maybe get another 1-2 mellee inside the brain room.

Make sure your tank ALWAYS interupts the crusher so the dps outside NEVER has the debuff.

Your dps will need to be trained to stop dps'ing the large tentacle (crusher? can never remember the dam names ) when it has reached 50 or so stacks to let the buff drop off so your tank doesnt get one shot.

This isnt hard to organise really though, someone can just call 50 stacks on vent and it only takes 1-2 seconds for it to drop off.

If you get 2 large tentacles up it will be close to a wipe, your outside dps needs to aim for no more than 2 (ideally no more than 1) and inside you need to aim to get the brain dead in 3 phases.

If you are struggling at that you will either need to wait to get more gearups, or look at your raid setup or dpser performance.

Cheers peeps, a couple of things there we can surely use and hey if that doesnt work I'll just start shouting. ;D