Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it just me or does Anub'arak seem weak?

I mean, just compare normal Anub vs normal Yogg. The fight itself is very simple. I mean, it might be undertuned right now but it just seems to be a set back (from a game standpoint, not much of a lore). Only thing I really see that will not keep people clearing this instance in a week is the "one boss released a week" thing if blizzard will still do that.

Deleted

Re: Is it just me or does Anub'arak seem weak?

I belive that yes, from a tactical standpoint Coliseum will be more lightweight than Ulduar, but to make up for it, the tuning will be higher and more focus will be put on debuffs, buffs and effective combat.

Besides, a simple mechanic such as adds spawning can be turned insanely difficult to deal with (hai M'uru) given right circumstances. Oh and, from my experiences, encounters are nearly always undertuned on PTR becuse they get the tuning numbers elsewhere, so they rather focus on removing bugs and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    I mean, just compare normal Anub vs normal Yogg. The fight itself is very simple. I mean, it might be undertuned right now but it just seems to be a set back (from a game standpoint, not much of a lore). Only thing I really see that will not keep people clearing this instance in a week is the "one boss released a week" thing if blizzard will still do that.
    1. It's massively undertuned due to testing purposes
    2. You recognised that
    3. We didn't see YS on the PTR, how can you compare their 'undertuned' versions? (Yeah, you can't).
    4. !?

Achievements/hard modes are what matter. Clearing the instance isn't a big deal.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nerrad
    Obvious troll is Obvious
    can you stop with such childish idiot answers? it´s getting old kid... and he was right btw -.-

Quote Originally Posted by nerrad
    Obvious troll is Obvious
    Obvious troll is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    can you stop with such childish idiot answers? it´s getting old kid... and he was right btw -.-
    Sorry

On topic:
    I haven't played on the PTR so i don't know. Did you kill him on PTR?

The end looks like Mu'ru with the insane healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    1. It's massively undertuned due to testing purposes
    2. You recognised that
    3. We didn't see YS on the PTR, how can you compare their 'undertuned' versions? (Yeah, you can't).
    4. !?
    So? The fight is so freaken simple that even if we didn't test Anub, people would still clear him on day one if it wasn't for the boss a week.

How do you know it is undertuned? For the last boss of an instance, I would rather have an overtuned fight then an undertuned.

Like Kezool said, the whole instance is simple from a tactical standpoint.

Wazdakka

On patchday, Blizzard will "accidentally" tune him the wrong way and he'll set about annhilating everything that comes near him.

It's just you... and the PTR.
    /thread

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

You're being deceived.
    The Trial of the Crusader was merely a setback...

10+ Year Old Account

Meh....from a lore standpoint, I wanted Anub'arak to be one of the more challenging fights in ICC. He was my favorite WCIII unit, and they kinda raped him storywise.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana
    Meh....from a lore standpoint, I wanted Anub'arak to be one of the more challenging fights in ICC. He was my favorite WCIII unit, and they kinda raped him storywise.
    That. His abilities in WCIII were awesome, impale/lvl 6 and nothing could stop you xD

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    How do you know it is undertuned
    Because that's what they like to do on PTR?
    Quote Originally Posted by alph
    Cataclysm was merely a head-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblaze
    Because that's what they like to do on PTR?
    Not all the time. I remember in TBC how some bosses on the PTR was overtuned and they had to be brought down.

So no, not all the time on the PTR they are undertuned.

PTR fights are undertuned in things like physical damage and hp so more people can get through the fights so more people have tested the mechanics. Blizzard wants to make sure the mechanics work before anything else.

Anub'arak deserves to be a shitty boss because a shitty server is named after him. (That's right I play on Anub'Arak US)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    Anub'arak deserves to be a shitty boss because a shitty server is named after him. (That's right I play on Anub'Arak US)
    the same could be said for Arthas.

From what I could notice from the video's out there is that the first part seems to be rather easy.
    And when the swarm thing starts, it's where the healers need to be on their toes.
    As for the rest of the fight, the adds seem rather weak and the fight isn't actually hard tactic-wise either.

Quote Originally Posted by k-shaman
    the same could be said for Arthas.
    I dont think arthas is a shittier server then anub'arak
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana
    Well, from lore standpoint, we now know where Lich King hid Anub'arak while he was faking his death in Az'jol Nerub. (In the freezer. See, his armor is all frozen.) And by the way, where are the spikes coming out of his body like in TFT?

Anub was cool. Just, cool. They killed him off long time ago, now we as players have to mop up what is left of him for loot.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."