3.2 Lock Observations

I can only speak from BG observations. I don't care for arena.

- Changes to DOTs will certainly help affliction. Even with the Haunt bonus, I still don't believe it's going to allow affliction to adequately deal with melee. Since I have always played destro, I may not have experienced the proper perspective of affliction in the BG environment.

- If nothing, Destro has taken a slight nerf in PVP.

- Haven't played demon since leveling, but I didn't see anything earth shattering for the demo tree.

- Pet resilience is a smoke and mirrors attempt to make you feel as though they are attempting to do something. It does very little.

- Healers are extremely difficult to kill (Based on BGs and watching other duels).

- Until mobility, stuns and silences are addressed, we will continue to have issues.

Re: 3.2 Lock Observations

Quote Originally Posted by lockinhiding
    I can only speak from BG observations. I don't care for arena.

- Changes to DOTs will certainly help affliction. Even with the Haunt bonus, I still don't believe it's going to allow affliction to adequately deal with melee. Since I have always played destro, I may not have experienced the proper perspective of affliction in the BG environment.

- If nothing, Destro has taken a slight nerf in PVP.

- Haven't played demon since leveling, but I didn't see anything earth shattering for the demo tree.

- Pet resilience is a smoke and mirrors attempt to make you feel as though they are attempting to do something. It does very little.

- Healers are extremely difficult to kill (Based on BGs and watching other duels).

- Until mobility, stuns and silences are addressed, we will continue to have issues.

Those PTR observations about BG are not the same as you will figure out on live server.
    On PTR, everyone got PVP gear for free. In BG, i usualy meet single arena equipped people but mostly PvE geared.

Not even best PvE geared but sometimes a T8,5 Retri will hit you damn hard. So i think, after 3.2 goes live, resilience changing will give us 15% more time against them *gg*

So that means 2 sec * 1.15 = 2.30 sec !!! Isnt that a fair and balanced change ?
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

Kharay1977

Pet resilience is a smoke and mirrors attempt to make you feel as though they are attempting to do something. It does very little.
    Why does this not surprise me?

Yeah pet resilience is garbage. 50%? Yay, they get crit 6% less often, big woop =\

I didn't think it was going to do much.

From a PvE standpoint, the fire & brimstone nerf combined with the imp imp buff will even each other out, if not produce slightly higher destro dmg in fights where imp stays alive. Affliction comes up a tiny tiny (tiny..miniscule?) bit.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Have played aff pvp on ptr done atleast 100 duels etc..
    Played bg and arena.

And affl is damn nice in pvp. been killing rogues in the 2k+ ratings. love it... just love it...

..i'm not sure what rogues you were playing, I can't imagine vs a good one you'd be able to do much...here's how I would see the fight go:

Rogue Stealths -> Cheap Shot Mut Gogue Kidney (You Trinket) Cloak of Shadows Cold Blood Mut Mut (Kick as CoS is about to come off) Vanish (Insert Stun / Cc rotation again minus gouge but now you can't trinket) Cloak of Shadows comes off c/d again (if talented), Cold Blood Mut Mut blind bandage

Give or take. At this point you're either dead and have done fairly little damage to the rogue (if any) or are hurting fairly bad.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie
    ..i'm not sure what rogues you were playing, I can't imagine vs a good one you'd be able to do much...here's how I would see the fight go:

Rogue Stealths -> Cheap Shot Mut Gogue Kidney (You Trinket) Cloak of Shadows Cold Blood Mut Mut (Kick as CoS is about to come off) Vanish (Insert Stun / Cc rotation again minus gouge but now you can't trinket) Cloak of Shadows comes off c/d again (if talented), Cold Blood Mut Mut blind bandage

Give or take. At this point you're either dead and have done fairly little damage to the rogue (if any) or are hurting fairly bad.
    you've been spying on my combat logs haven't you? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by HavocLock
    you've been spying on my combat logs haven't you? :P
    Definitely That and my Arena Tourney combat logs :P
    Epic

Resilience isn't the only thing they gave our pets. The hit/spell penetration change is great and they buffed the hp ALOT my voidwalker have over 34k and my felhunter over 27k.

But i do agree with this
    Until mobility, stuns and silences are addressed, we will continue to have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Resilience isn't the only thing they gave our pets. The hit/spell penetration change is great and they buffed the hp ALOT my voidwalker have over 34k and my felhunter over 27k.

But i do agree with this
    The HP buff is necessary, most of the time my pet died to a healer not having time to get a flash of light / lesser healing wave / etc. on it.
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

The point is that mobility shouldn't always be an issue. This is what they're working on addressing by de-emphasizing 2v2. Right now, you beat the snot out of the warlock and he dies. There's no backup. It's DPS vs HPS and the DPS wins. What they want is to have 2 people beat on the warlock, a race between DPS and HPS, but oh wait the warlock has a friend who just decided to beat the shit out of your healer or you.

The current strategy will be to continue beating on the Warlock, but with enough tweaks to the classes that salivate over standing there with you doing nothing this might change.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    The current strategy will be to continue beating on the Warlock, but with enough tweaks to the classes that salivate over standing there with you doing nothing this might change.
    Warlock have huge damage if they are allowed to cast, they also have very very low survival. This makes them the perfect target to nuke.
    We will continue to be a punchbag until we get a good way to defend ourself, our current one is our feets which doesn't help that much if you have a warrior beating on your hamstring, a rogue poisoning (is that a word :S) or any other slow effect on you.