The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Seal of Light viable as a Prot Pally in 3.2?

Just doing some theorizing about the changes in patch 3.2 and it seems like the changes to Seal of Light could make it a viable tanking seal. 2% of 40K HP is 800 Health. Per attack. I've never been a fan of Reckoning, but it seems like the new SoL + Reckoning might make for some very nice personal healing. Anyone on the PTR's checked into this yet?

I know we shouldn't need to have to heal our selves if we've got healers on us during raids etc. But I never have issues with threat and any additional healing on my self couldn't ever hurt.

-Tisoy
    - The Chad -

Re: Seal of Light viable as a Prot Pally in 3.2?

What Seal of light changes ? I only know of Jugment of light changes

Foxy, I think he is refering towards the Judgement of light.
    Blizzard mdae it that now every paladin can just judge what is needed/asked from him in a raid. Its not anymore depended on attackpower / spellpower. I like it but I do still find if your the only paladin in a raid/party that wisdom is more usable unless on a boss/mobs with lots of aoe going on and there is replenishment going on all around. Wisdom means less downtime in drinking or even worse, going oom during a fight. Seen in the past people even using there wands as they where oom :-\

I've written two responses for you.

If you mean 'Judgement of Light' instead of 'Seal of Light':

Tisoy, if you don't raid with a Retribution Paladin, it's understandable that you don't realize that it is a nerf. Retribution, in current gear, is capable of giving the attacks, both ranged and melee (also Spells, I believe), the ability to heal the attacker for over 1000.
    While the change doesn't affect you as much (being a loss of only about 200 per attack, or a 20% nerf), it is a great nerf to all of the non-tanks, who will be most likely seeing numbers closer to 400- a loss of 600, or 60%.

Granted, a lot of it was overhealing depending on the encounter, but at least Retribution Paladins will no longer be topping the healing meters on fights like Sapphiron, where there is lots of slow yet steady incoming damage, and very little spike.

If you do in fact mean 'Seal of Light':

I do not recall seeing a change to Seal of Light. Even if there was such a change, the chance on hit is no longer 100%, and 800 HP here and there will definitely not account for the massive threat loss you would encounter from not using a damaging seal. Righteous Vengeance is only added threat to your Holy spells/damage/attacks, so you would lose quite a bit of threat per second. As is, most encounters are tuned well enough that if you need extra healing at the cost of threat, it might be beneficial to just add another healer and let the DPS deal more damage.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah I totally missread the change.

"Judgement of Light: Now heals for 2% of the attacker's maximum health instead of a variable amount based on the spell power and attack power of the judging paladin."

My bad. It probably won't make too much of a change seeing as healing procs from JoL is totally RNG. Reckoning probably still won't be worth it either.

/thread
    - The Chad -

Using Seal of Light is not viable as a raid tank since the healing is quite small compared to the healing you get from the healers.

In heroic groups its a different thing. If you have Sleepyhead the Druid or Gossipgirl the female Priest as a healer it can actually save lives.

Seal of Justice is similar. Threat loss, but quite okey in some situations.
    I say Stormcaller Ulduar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

not worth the threat loss.

Also, good buy judgment of light. I will miss 13k HPS on hodir.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Using Seal of Light is not viable as a raid tank since the healing is quite small compared to the healing you get from the healers.

In heroic groups its a different thing. If you have Sleepyhead the Druid or Gossipgirl the female Priest as a healer it can actually save lives.

Seal of Justice is similar. Threat loss, but quite okey in some situations.
    I say Stormcaller Ulduar.
    LOL I know quite a few of those two

15+ Year Old Account

in 3.2 ret will stop using JoL and start using JoW for the caster dps and ourselves. holy paladins can use it for their epeen meter. prot can do justice, or wisdom also. its been said that JotJ is fixed and wont be overwritten by the same type of judgement.

Man I was enjoying getting second place on the healing meters for Hodir, dumb nerf! :*(

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tisoy
    Yeah I totally missread the change.

"Judgement of Light: Now heals for 2% of the attacker's maximum health instead of a variable amount based on the spell power and attack power of the judging paladin."

My bad. It probably won't make too much of a change seeing as healing procs from JoL is totally RNG. Reckoning probably still won't be worth it either.

/thread
    To Holy and Prot paladins in 5 mans, its a buff. Your tanks should still be receiving the same amount of HPS from JoL (2% of 44000 is 880).

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    in 3.2 ret will stop using JoL and start using JoW for the caster dps and ourselves. holy paladins can use it for their epeen meter. prot can do justice, or wisdom also. its been said that JotJ is fixed and wont be overwritten by the same type of judgement.
    Both HotC and JotJ will not be overwritten, yes. And it makes since for Holy paladins to judge Light, Rets to judge Wisdom, and Prots to judge Justice.

Speaking of, will HotC and JotJ now have timers on the debuff, i.e. they both last 20 seconds before needing to be refreshed?