Crafted gear for...

...fresh lvl 80 disc/shadow

Im trying to make a list of crafted gear for both specs, so i came on dilema on spellweave vs Moonshroud items for disc spec (shadow obviously need Ebonweave)...

Can anybody help with that?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42102#comments
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42100#comments

Oh, and btw, is there any diff between disc and shadow gear except +hit rating?

Thnx in advance

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Crafted gear for...

Neither, both are very expensive and not very good. If you already have the cloth save it as 3.2 crafted stuff will require the cloth so you can sell it or craft the new Robe or Wrists.

Alas, crafted gear is rather sub-par and not required to start raiding in Naxx10 or 5 man dungeons. Get a Kirin Tor tabard (do the quests in Amber Ledge to get the Friendly rep) and do heroics you need for other gear while gathering your Kirin Tor rep then get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44180 if you really want an epic robe to start Naxx10.

The ilvl blues are pretty good from the heroics. sure they're the wrong colour, but are still decent until you can get into naxx.

I can't see it being a problem to run the T7 content in blues. you'll just need to convince your PUG you're a good player.

That's what I had to do with my druid.

Unless you want to go whole hog and get ulduar crafteds, it isn't even close to worth it. There are some boots that are mega sexy for disc I am gathering mats for, but other than that, nothing comes close.

Disc you want int/crit. SP will just happen to be on gear, so there's really no reason to include that in what you're going for. For shadow, You want spell power, int, and haste/crit. Not too much haste, or it will mess with rotations, and don't go overboard with crit/int so much that you neglect SP, you really really want SP with shadow.

Tbh, PUGs usually ask for achivments and purple gear...
    I dont belive in gear too much, but ex. running out of flames, wathcing + - debuff etc is much more important...
    I got achiv on main char ( many pugs are fine with that), so i think its my job to gear as purple as i can to stop moaning from inspectors (ppl who cant resist urge to inspect every raid member and say some bad comment about your gear, enchants, spec etc.) I never inspected anyone with purpose to moan, only to learn from more experienced ppl)
    Since crafted gear is fastest way to get purples, thats the way im choosing...

Spellweave definately is the way to go. Great itemization for a disc priest and actually quite useful for a shadow priest too. Since the hitcap for a shadow priest is very low, you may be able to use your Spellweave chest and gloves for both specs if your other items can compensate. Myself, I only bought the ebonweave gloves, but they've been gathering dust in my bank since just my head, MH, OH, chest and belt were enough to get me hitcapped.

For comparing disc priest gear I like to use the following item weights:
    Wowhead item search with disc weights (adjust weightings as you deem fit, alter filters to find obtainable items). And I applaud you for not being another green geared "lulz, I CBA to enchant/buy AH blues, Ill upgrade them in a week" nublet.

Tailored gear sucks bigtime.

It's too expensive and its a very minor upgrade from heroic blues and quest items. The only tailor recipes worth wearing is the Ulduar recipes, and those are horribly expensive.

Naxx loot is easy to get your hands on; just join a pug. After one run in Naxx, you'll have way superior loot compared to what you can get from tailoring.

As for the second question: DPS gear have hit and usually more spellpower. Healing gear don't have hit, but carry more regen-stats like spirit, MP5 or additional intellect. For disc priests, the latter is the superior loot until you get enough manaregen, and spirit is the worst of the three. But either gear will work; don't worry too much about it as long as it's an upgrade.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

No, spellweave is definitive not the way to go. Haste is useless when you overall got terrible gear.

The larger amount of intellect (= more mana, and regen), and larger amount of spirit (= more regen), is much more suitable for both discipline and holy at the lower gear ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Tailored gear sucks bigtime.

It's too expensive and its a very minor upgrade from heroic blues and quest items. The only tailor recipes worth wearing is the Ulduar recipes, and those are horribly expensive.

Naxx loot is easy to get your hands on; just join a pug. After one run in Naxx, you'll have way superior loot compared to what you can get from tailoring.
    I dont care how expensive it is, gold is no prob in wow when u have lot of toons....
    I KNOW blue gear is ok, but PUGs are more comfortable with purple geared ppl, right?
    I want purples cos of pugs, not cos i think i need it
    logic: no purples--> no naxx pug invite
    Another thing - rolling in naxx can be frustrating - my blues ele shammy did 5 naxx10 runs and 20 items droppped which i needed and lost rolls on every single one >

Anyway, i chose Moonshroud set, think stamina (survivability) is also important, haste isnt so much at this lvl gear... just like Nezoia said

thnx all for opinions

If you got money, then buy belt / boots that are crafted from Ulduar recipes. However, bear in mind pugs will qq about your healing done and you'll be lucky if ignorant morons won't kick you out of the raid because of it.

15+ Year Old Account

Well considering he was looking at getting gear so he can get into these runs as hes suffering from the recent wave of 'LFM XRAID ACHIEVEMENTZ AND EPIX OK' pug prats.

Heroic Blues (plenty of gear lists about) and a couple of 'easy' items to get (RNG lotto ofc) is the Wand/Belt from AN, Bracers/Trinket from VH and Belt from UP which should be more than enough to get started. Also the Argent Tourny will provide a decent 1h to match with the Badge off hand. And lastly grab the Badge Trinket.

So like a weeks work (maybe what, 4/5 heroics a day? AN/VH go real quick) you should be able to easily have 65 badges + at least 2 reps exalted for more gear/enchants..

that's what I did with my druid. Wrote down where I should get my epics from and farmed them. also wore the tabard so was practically exalted with AC so that gave me epic boots. Kin'tor (you know the ones) don't take long to gain rep with them or Wymcrest if you want the boots from there.

I wouldn't advise crafting any of the cloth chest or gloves as they are expensive and not very good. The ulduar crafted epics are good yeah, but 6 runed orbs each...

I bought both crafted sets for my druid.. they really weren't that expensive and I feel better about plopping more expensive chants on purple gear than blues.

As for rep grinding.. gah.. i'll spend 300gold on gear long before i wait to grind out xx,xxx rep especially if you want to get into naxx as soon as possible.

Epic items crafted - JC neck, wispcloak, moonshroud chest, boe valor bracers, moonshroud gloves, JC ring, blue JC trinkets (im JCer), mace from BS, offhand from inscription, think Ill skip belt/boots from uld recipes cos no point going naxx 10 then
    epic rep items - wyrmrest boots and ebon blade belt
    Blues will be helm, shoulders, 1 ring, 2 trinkets, wand
    Sounds like good start, maybe few boe items comes on AH from uld