Great Replacement for Necrosis!

I have recently found an addon named Opie that has made my Warlock days much much more enjoyable.
    What is does is sorts out any spells you want in very cute rings that appear on screen only when you call for them.
    This way you can store up to 20+ spells!. It is great in both PvP and PvE and totally customizable, so i thought id share it with all you folks.

Without further explanation, you can find this lovely addon on curse.com

Re: Great Replacement for Necrosis!

Been using it since TBC and I agree it's a great addon.

http://www.go-hero.net/opie/
    http://healmylifetap.blogspot.com/

this is fucking awesome. tnx for sharing

been using it myself for a couple of months now. it's great for other classes as well.

I have had it for a long time.
    It's great for saving actionbars from the horror that is demon spells, Healthstone, SS and summoning ritual.

Having small circles that take up space is as bad as having action bars that take up space imo.

the only thing from necrosis that I actually liked was its calling out nightfall & backlash procs..and I found another addon which does that (can't recall the name atm).

So no necrosis / opie for me.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

The circles are not present all the time. They appear ONLY when you call for them (via keybinding).
    Its like a whole hidden "spellbook" of spells you selected and put in order you like for ease of use.

Plus it looks and sounds reaaaaaaally kewl ^^

15+ Year Old Account

I just want to warn people on PVP with OPie.
    It's slow. It requires a keybind + mouse positioning. If you need to resummon your demon in a pinch, OPie should not be the way you do it.

Other than that, totally amazing. It's like Autobar before it sucked.

@Kelpie - for me, I hold CTRL - D, and it brings up my demons in ring around my character. I move my mouse around it (no clicking required) and the arrow always points at my mouse cursor. When I release CTRL - D, whichever Demon is between the arrow and my cursor (lit up) is what gets cast. The ring disappears in a cool little animation. Same goes for my Tracking buttons, quest items, consumables, and "warlock spells" (unending, banish, summon, HS, SS). Fully customizable, but decent out of the box.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I just want to warn people on PVP with OPie.
    It's slow. It requires a keybind + mouse positioning. If you need to resummon your demon in a pinch, OPie should not be the way you do it.

Other than that, totally amazing. It's like Autobar before it sucked.

@Kelpie - for me, I hold CTRL - D, and it brings up my demons in ring around my character. I move my mouse around it (no clicking required) and the arrow always points at my mouse cursor. When I release CTRL - D, whichever Demon is between the arrow and my cursor (lit up) is what gets cast. The ring disappears in a cool little animation. Same goes for my Tracking buttons, quest items, consumables, and "warlock spells" (unending, banish, summon, HS, SS). Fully customizable, but decent out of the box.
    Sounds interesting, but if its slow at all I have no doubt it would get on my nerves :P
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

Slow in an emergency, great when setting up for bosses, arena set up phase, or going for a minimalist UI where you're not quite ready to hide all of your "sometimes" buttons.

R.I.P. YARG

You can setup "quick binds" meaning u press a specific button and it casts a specific spell for those emergencies.
    In my exp i have not found it "slow" in any way, if you set it up properly with /rk and /opie commands.

Can you use OPie for some bindings and Bartender for others?

I have never used bartender. I guess it would work..