Fire&Brimstone ,Chaosbolt and immolate

Hey guys i have a question about the talent fire&brimstone.
    Maybe you all know the situation when your Chaosbolt cd is ready but your immolate is going to tick out and you have to recast immolate before you cast chaosbolt to benefit the 15% more damage
    but lose some time after the cd and therefore some chaosbolts in your overall damage.

And here is the questen immolate have no flighttime to the boss but chaosbolt have to.
    When are the 15% damage from Fire&Brimstone addet to chaosbolt wenn you finish the cast or when the missle hits the target? Because you coud cast chaosbolt and on the flight of the missle recast immolate.

Re: Fire&Brimstone ,Chaosbolt and immolate

Chaos bolt's damage (including any benefits from F&B) is determined when it hits the target.

Furthermore, immolate does indeed have an invisible missile (although its fast). I have tried to finish a cast of CB and put immolate up before it lands and even at max range, its nearly impossible. If you had BL or some other haste buff (or if you just stacked an absurd amount of haste) you could do it.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

Chaos Bolt's flight time at max range is faster than Immolate's cast time with 600 haste. With bloodlust, yes, I've beat it to the punch. But you shouldn't have to.

There is time in the destro rotation, just like this, where you work in a Corruption. Corruption is on par with Incinerate for DPCT (a bit less, but not much). If you feel strongly against this, use lifetap instead.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie
    Chaos bolt's damage (including any benefits from F&B) is determined when it hits the target.
    This is untrue (at least based on my reading). The effects are determined when the cast is finished, whether the damage hits or not is determined if the mob is alive when it gets there. I've read numerous EJ posts that state this.

Having said that, if Immolate isn't going to be up when you finish the CB cast, cast Immolate first.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sure this is the case, but do you recall where (on EJ) this information can be found? I've heard of this discussion a few times and cannot find it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I'm sure this is the case, but do you recall where (on EJ) this information can be found? I've heard of this discussion a few times and cannot find it.
    Yea. I remember I heard the damage and wether it crit is dedice b4 it hits, but i can't find it.