Page 1 of 2
LastLast

our place is the bottom

our rappresentation is under 3% and the resi change will help classes like rogue/hunter/warrior (feel free to do some mats) and our dmg will be lowered by another 5%
    well the cd of feldom will be 3 min only,but honestly i see more nerf the buffs.

Deleted

Re: our place is the bottom

Obvious QQ is obvious. Or was that troll...

Quote Originally Posted by TankVX
    our rappresentation is under 3% and the resi change will help classes like rogue/hunter/warrior (feel free to do some mats) and our dmg will be lowered by another 5%
    well the cd of feldom will be 3 min only,but honestly i see more nerf the buffs.

Oh, you are bitching about PVP in a PVE game. Imagine that... I mean, I've never seen such a thing before.

Just accept that the only type of balance is the constant shifting of power between classes, generating new "Flavor of the Month" arena classes / comps / specs. And that's all there will EVER be in this game.

Warlocks have had their time, and it just happens that the tide is rolling away from you towards other classes (priests and rogues come to mind). The sooner you accept this is the nature of the game, the happier you will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios
    Obvious QQ is obvious. Or was that troll...
    y it is true,im a troll but i'm bored to be facerolled by melee.
    and for one season i wnt be able to play in the same condictions as others,is so wrong ask to be competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Suikiele
    Oh, you are bitching about PVP in a PVE game. Imagine that... I mean, I've never seen such a thing before.

Just accept that the only type of balance is the constant shifting of power between classes, generating new "Flavor of the Month" arena classes / comps / specs. And that's all there will EVER be in this game.

Warlocks have had their time, and it just happens that the tide is rolling away from you towards other classes (priests and rogues come to mind). The sooner you accept this is the nature of the game, the happier you will be.
    this isn't a pve game,blizz said much times pvp is important like pve

Bliz wants this to be a pvp game. Pvp arenas are much easier to make and they just need to tweak stuff. Notice that the new pve content is just a fail arena?

I thought locks were always OP

Oh wait...

this isn't a pve game,blizz said much times pvp is important like pve
    First off, yes it is: It's a PVE game with PVP elements. This is simply fact. Until the day you can level in BGs or by killing other players, this remains unequivocally true.

Secondly, you negated to comment on the meat of my previous post. That this is the nature of a game built this way (with PVP as a crude afterthought, shoe-horned in), and that there is no such thing as a true "balance", just a shift in what's overpowered and underpowered.

If you want balance, every time the tide moves, re-roll that FOTM class and compete with the winning comp. That's the only time you'll find true competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    Bliz wants this to be a pvp game. Pvp arenas are much easier to make and they just need to tweak stuff. Notice that the new pve content is just a fail arena?
    Actually, the playerbase wants this to be a PVP game, which is the source of a lot of issues for people who accept that the game is primarily PVE oriented and built. How many PVE nerfs have come down the pipe because of PVP adjustments? And is this good for the game as a whole?

The problem with this is that some players seem to think it's OK to expect something to adjust to their wants beyond it's intended scope. I don't walk into Pizza Hut and bitch that their sandwiches are bad. If I want sandwiches, I go to a sandwich place. If you want PVP, go play a PVP game.

That was painful to read...

Quote Originally Posted by Cymrych
    That was painful to read...
    Check his posting history. It's primarily warlock whining and butchery of the English language.

I'm going to assume that he's foreign, because the alternative is disheartening for the state of education in English speaking countries.

15+ Year Old Account

The playerbase does not want this to be a PVP game, as indicated by the shrinking populations on PVP servers before they allowed PVE --> PVP transfers. The most vocal people are PVPers. They look for tactics actively to increase their success rate. PVEers do not. In a 25 man guild, only one person with a grasp of communication has to look stuff up. Everyone else can just talk amongst themselves and dick around.

Thus it appears that people want it to be a PVP game, and yet they only make up (and this is a guess) 20-30% of the total population. The rest want both or just PVE.

Remember that Blizzard has a marketing team. Marketing people ask questions like "How many people tried PVP a few times and never went back?" Remember that more time was put into the analysis of the data wow collects than the actual game itself. They have the answers to these questions and react accordingly.

Some people think it would be nice if it was all Blizzard's fault. It's not. It's the playerbase. It's supply and demand. Convince more people to pvp and more pvp changes will occur. Do you think that the BG improvements they continue to mention (gearing up in BGs, performance tracking, new BG's, etc) are a result of hard core pvpers? No, its a result of casual PVE players who do BG's for fun, and then slowly realize that they aren't fun, but are mandatory for Arena's (at least until you get good at it).

R.I.P. YARG

Well, ok lets say someone has maximum resilience.That resilience was already lowering dots damage by ~10%. Now with the new change to resilience all classes will do 10% less damage on a player with maximum resilience , whilst affliction warlock will continue to do the same damage he was already doing before 3.2 patch. So it is a small buff for affliction locks + fel domination 3min cd + pets resilience.
    I consider this a buff...

WoW is obviously a PvP game, otherwise it wouldn't be so thouroughly supported. PvP balance is a cornerstone of Blizzard design philosophy (i.e. and I quote "Some players are saying "Buff Shield Slam. I don't care if it breaks PvP." We do." -GC ). Every single patch comes with pvp changes, and the new battleground being added further pushes the point that wow is a pvp game.

Another thing that people tend to ignore when saying that "wow isn't a pvp game" is just how good wow pvp actually is. Animations are fluid and precise. Things like kiting, worrying about GCDs, and mechanics like blink breaking stun and teleporting you just do not happen elsewhere.

You are blinded by your ego and your arrogance if you think that wow isn't a pvp game. Even if, as you say, only thirty percent of people PvP, this is a significant number that cannot be brushed aside to make a crappy arguement.

Locks are fine l2play.

To the above poster "locks are fine L2P" -- Get real and try it for your self, You might be thinking of Destro with high burst but what about afflic with no real survival abilities either.

I love PvP as much as anyone but I think the game is still mainly PvE and PvP is just something extra. Think about each major patch and Expansion, LOADS more PvE content than PvP, I think that speaks for itself.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Kharay1977

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    Locks are fine l2play.
    Show us yours?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Angeal
    I love PvP as much as anyone but I think the game is still mainly PvE and PvP is just something extra. Think about each major patch and Expansion, LOADS more PvE content than PvP, I think that speaks for itself.
    Or the quote from Ghostcrawler during last year's Blizzcon "We're going to re-focus on PVE this time around."

It doesn't mean that PVP isn't supported, but more that they want to get the PVE stuff right first. Karazhan, Black Temple Attunement, Magtheridon pre-nerf, etc are all examples of their failures that they do not want to repeat. I think they did OK (maybe a little too much loot being thrown around early on) and there's always room for improvement.

PVP I think they're getting it right by de-emphasizing arena. I'll probably get flamed, but since when has Warcraft been about 4/6/10 people fighting? Where's my army? Where's my reinforcements rushing in on mounted wings? Where the hell is my firey destruction raining down from the heavens?!

R.I.P. YARG

First off, yes it is: It's a PVE game with PVP elements. This is simply fact. Until the day you can level in BGs or by killing other players, this remains unequivocally true.
    So it will become a PvP game in 3.2 (experience in bg's).

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    Locks are fine l2play.
    I guese you talks about PvE, you don't even have "step into the arena" so you haven't won a singel arena match since you leveled 80. Please don't talk about PvP if you don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    PVP I think they're getting it right by de-emphasizing arena. I'll probably get flamed, but since when has Warcraft been about 4/6/10 people fighting? Where's my army? Where's my reinforcements rushing in on mounted wings? Where the hell is my firey destruction raining down from the heavens?!
    Thats probably what they're trying to do with rated bg's. Battlegrounds are far more balanced that arena and will always be.
    This whole expantion-pack have been "World of meleecraft" but i hope it will be balanced in the next expantion because wrath of the lich king is soon over, just ~6 months left (if they follow the 1 expantion eatch year) and its still this unbalanced.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Check his posting history. It's primarily warlock whining and butchery of the English language.

I'm going to assume that he's foreign, because the alternative is disheartening for the state of education in English speaking countries.

Give us your definition of foreign..
    Because I'm from Holland, so to me, everyone who's not from holland is foreign..
    Say you're from Spain.. then everyone who's not from spain is foreign..

If you're not from an english speaking country it doesn't mean your english has to suck...