Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: our place is the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmongler
    WoW is obviously a PvP game, otherwise it wouldn't be so thouroughly supported. PvP balance is a cornerstone of Blizzard design philosophy (i.e. and I quote "Some players are saying "Buff Shield Slam. I don't care if it breaks PvP." We do." -GC ). Every single patch comes with pvp changes, and the new battleground being added further pushes the point that wow is a pvp game.

Another thing that people tend to ignore when saying that "wow isn't a pvp game" is just how good wow pvp actually is. Animations are fluid and precise. Things like kiting, worrying about GCDs, and mechanics like blink breaking stun and teleporting you just do not happen elsewhere.

You are blinded by your ego and your arrogance if you think that wow isn't a pvp game. Even if, as you say, only thirty percent of people PvP, this is a significant number that cannot be brushed aside to make a crappy arguement.

dude, really? WoW was originally intended to be a PvE game. Or were you not around before bgs were implented? PvE has always been the main "cornerstone" of WoW. PvP is simply something to do when you don't have time to raid, or just want a little variety..

Ok, i've had it with locks whining about pvp and pve.
    Seriously, i've seen a lock today with 2550 arena rating 5v5 with Full furious pvp gear... and with the FROSTWYRM DRAKE.
    He had every drake from pvp you could get.
    I think it is just a matter of getting geared and learning to play/counter classes.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

I'm 34 and English.... i travel extensively in Europe and I find that the standard of English in European Countries far exceeds that of England itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig
    I'm 34 and English.... i travel extensively in Europe and I find that the standard of English in European Countries far exceeds that of England itself.
    And this was relevant because... :P
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimec

Give us your definition of foreign..
    Because I'm from Holland, so to me, everyone who's not from holland is foreign..
    Say you're from Spain.. then everyone who's not from spain is foreign..

If you're not from an english speaking country it doesn't mean your english has to suck...

Sorry i should have quoted.... shame on me for expecting you to have read every post...

Well lets try to end this thing with english language
    from the forum guidelines:
    Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.
    So now on topic again, just because u saw a warlock in 2500 rating doestn mean something about other warlocks and whether they re balanced or not.

I am sick of people not stating the obvious for once.
    I dont know about your servers, but in my server people are making arena teams from many different accounts and play arena against themselves.Especially before wrath of the lich king you could see people that just hit level 70 with arena weapon in a week .Usually at 6 am in my server at /who arena are 4-8 players .Guess what, two of them suck big time and the other two are one of the highest rated arena teams.It just requires time and patience and 4 people... plus 4 computers...and then you have the 2000 rating sooner or later...

Why do you think they added personal arena rating , hidden personal arena rating , and finally weapons available only to 3v3 and 5v5?

Kharay1977

Seriously, i've seen a lock today with 2550 arena rating 5v5 with Full furious pvp gear... and with the FROSTWYRM DRAKE.
    This doesn't prove much though - there will always be people who do manage to find a way and a compo that works very well. Which says nothing about the general viability of Warlocks in PvP. Many Warlock players agree that Warlocks have not been performing as well as other classes have. And to a certain extent, even Blizzard themselves have said this.

Sorry I just forgot to mention one more thing,

When in arena and you see in the opposing team a warlock , doesnt he instantly becomes the first target to nuke? And ofc it is not because you are afraid to let him alive but because it is the class that is offered the most for nuking by any dps combo ...

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_strife
    Sorry I just forgot to mention one more thing,

When in arena and you see in the opposing team a warlock , doesnt he instantly becomes the first target to nuke? And ofc it is not because you are afraid to let him alive but because it is the class that is offered the most for nuking by any dps combo ...
    no. KILL THE SPRIEST.

zerg zerg etc.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Suikiele
    Oh, you are bitching about PVP in a PVE game. Imagine that... I mean, I've never seen such a thing before.

Just accept that the only type of balance is the constant shifting of power between classes, generating new "Flavor of the Month" arena classes / comps / specs. And that's all there will EVER be in this game.

Warlocks have had their time, and it just happens that the tide is rolling away from you towards other classes (priests and rogues come to mind). The sooner you accept this is the nature of the game, the happier you will be.
    Ya, priests and rogues are just now getting their time. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeal
    To the above poster "locks are fine L2P" -- Get real and try it for your self, You might be thinking of Destro with high burst but what about afflic with no real survival abilities either.

I love PvP as much as anyone but I think the game is still mainly PvE and PvP is just something extra. Think about each major patch and Expansion, LOADS more PvE content than PvP, I think that speaks for itself.

These are the posts that makes me wonder if people think at all, after hearing for ages about how OP mages are. Yes frost tree granted is a very good PvP spec, in some ways arcane is sufficient as well. But what about the fire tree? QQ i want that to be viable in PvP as well... or not. Sadly i must say that you can't have everything in your class, no matter how much you cry about it, so like most people say... l2play.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

OP doesnt understand the changes... the resil change is actually a BUFF to DoT damage compared to other damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan
    Ok, i've had it with locks whining about pvp and pve.
    I think it is just a matter of getting geared and learning to play/counter classes.
    1 person. That's such a good measure of a classes arena viability. The sad part is the best example you can provide is you know "a warlock that's 2550". Gee I could only link you thousands of players of every other class at that rating.

I saw a prot warrior that ran the #1 2v2 team in his battlegroup. By your logic prot warriors must dominate arenas, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by nvrpn2thewnd

dude, really? WoW was originally intended to be a PvE game. Or were you not around before bgs were implented? PvE has always been the main "cornerstone" of WoW. PvP is simply something to do when you don't have time to raid, or just want a little variety..
    You're wrong. i remember those days, when hillsbrad vs tarren mill battles went on all day, and blackrock PVP was amazing.

Or were YOU not around?

Also, how is shit from years ago even relevant to today's game that we play?

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    Locks are fine l2play.
    2400 2v2 2350 3v3

Saw a lock with 2300~ in all brackets wearing 4/5 hateful and furious shoulders and had just come back to the game. He was a Brutal Glad in S5. If you learnt to play maybe you could be like him? Hell all he needed was full hateful lol.

warlock/ priest?

either as destro or UA ?

yes, it take a little skil and so forth, but seriously....

Just because a few locks have made it too a high rating does not Mean we are all less skilled and there are only a handful of locks that are skilled enough to get past 2500. Im not the best arena player but I can see we have it hard. We have the most poor survival techniques in arena, Imagine a paladin without bubble in arena or a DK without all the self heals. I know there diffrent classes but then people might see how we cant get people off us easily or survive without 900resi. 90% of the time we get targeted first, When we have a rogue or warrior on us we have to hope our healer can keep up with the damage or if we play a full dps team we are screwed from the start.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)