Leveling spec if im questing with someone.

Im questing with a Feral Druid to level. Im currently BM but i dont see how its helping me at all. I used BM for the pet aspect of it, but my pet doesnt do anything but dps since the druid takes all the aggro anyway.

Im looking for a new spec. I want to be able to throw out a lot of burst damage to take down the mobs i need to kill while questing, currently, BM isnt helping very much.

Im told that SV is the next best spec for Hunters currently. But i cant seem to find an updated leveling guide for Survival. Any suggestions?

Re: Leveling spec if im questing with someone.

well id stay Bm unless i know that drood is gonna be with you 100% of the time, just go like that or choose whatever u like to do specc is not important until maybe u reach 60 and up ( my opinion )

Im level 63, the druid will be with me 100% of the time.

Bumpy. No hunters wanna help out? :[

You could probably level survival, just start spec-ing into the cookie-cutter survival raiding spec.
    Oh and get a wolf now, so you don't have to do it later =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

15+ Year Old Account

If you spec BM, you can probably 2 man most of the normal instances, if you want. But if you're just going to quest together with the druid, I would suggest Surv or MM rather then BM since the Druid will probably take all the agro anyway.

You dont need to get a wolf right away, there are lvl 80 wolves you can tame. Since pvp pet of choice right now is a crab, consider one of those. If you are on a pvp server especially. There arent any lvl 80 crabs either. For spec I would get focused aim and lethal shots unless you are hit capped. Again if you are on a pvp server shoot down to aimed shot. Then its down the cookie cutter survival spec. You are going to want to be survival anyway at 80 to start as marks is more gear dependent than survival.

Option 2 is to get a cat and stay BM. Or a raptor. You will have a low mana pool until you get into some northrend gear. You can spec a 68 cunning pet to restore 30% of your mana also.

Feral druids lvl very fast and have very little downtime. One thing you may consider is staying BM and both of you solo mobs close to each other instead of focusing a mob, because you are both very strong solo classes.