Resiliance and Dots - i need clarification

so as i read it, does this means that Dots totaly ignore resiliance?

or that dots dont ignore resliiance but instead of each dot getting hti for resiliance that the total amount of damage done by lets say curruption is hit by resiliance then divided by the dots?

Re: Resiliance and Dots - i need clarification

Pre 3.2 Resillience reduces the chance of a critical strike (of all attacks), reduced the critical strike damage (of all attacks), and reduced DOT damage (only DOTs).

3.2 Resillience reduces the chance of a critical strike (of all attacks), reduces the critical strike damage (of all attacks), and reduces all damage

So say your corruption would tick for 2500 and the target has enough resillience to reduce all damage by 10%, then all non-critting corruption ticks would tick for 2250. Then the resistance system starts up to determine partial / full resistance to damage.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

alright, so how is this diffrent than 3.1?

15+ Year Old Account

Resilience has three effects: minus crit chance, minus crit damage, minus damage.

3.1 and earlier Blizzard decided that "set and forget" damage was too powerful, so the minus damage portion of resilience ONLY applied to mana drains and dots. In 3.2, it applies to everything and Blizzards new stance is "Fuck it. If dot's are too powerful, we'll nerf them some other way or buff everyone else."

10% off an entire corruption, or 10% off each tick, works out to the same total damage.

R.I.P. YARG

Instead of just DOT dmg being reduced, ALL damage is reduced by resillience.

Essentially it means that every source of damage except dots will be less effective in 3.2 than in 3.1 (in PVP)
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

so 3.2 resiliance is a nerf to all damage

or is it a buff for affliction?

Your DOT damage stays the same but other Non Dot classes do less damage on you depending on the amount of resilience you have.

15+ Year Old Account

Buff. You do the same damage, you take less damage.

R.I.P. YARG

eh I wouldn't say its a buff to us so much as its a nerf to every other dps class.
    Epic

alright, so its brining everybody down to our playing field. gotcha.

thank you for informing me.

Hehe yeah it is simple.
    In burning crusade warlocks were dominating arenas with sl/sl and blizzard found the way to nerf them through resilience affecting dots.
    Now that warlocks are under represented in arenas they decided to nerf everyone else in a similar way
    To see it through a funny way warlocks were like a public test realm , trying the resilience nerf and now that is is tested and works (3% warlock representation) it is implemented to other classes too.

Sometimes i look at patches changes for locks from patch to patch and we got huge buffs slowly after wotlk launched .
    It is like they nerfed some classes in order to force them reroll death knights
    And at the same time they had death knights overpowered.
    And now they re trying to reverse and balance their stupidity , nerfing death knights and buffing the other classes.
    For example i ll mention the chaos bolt damage
    If you look at the buffs it took through all patches it was buffed by 55% totally since lich king launch.
    If a spell was too weak that needed to buff its damage by 55% then there is a design balance FAIL or it was intended so that most warlocks reroll .

Forcing people to reroll + easy raiding content -free epixs to everyone lead to only 4million active subscribers(probably the majority is death knights, paladins , rogues) (down from 12million) gj
    blizzard