Thread: Crappy glyphs?

Crappy glyphs?

Is it just me or are the feral and balance glyphs really bad compared to other classes' glyphs? I find the resto ones to be alright, but I can hardly find anything nice compared to other classes' glyphs. I.e. the glyph options on my rogue, lock and hunter felt a LOT nicer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Crappy glyphs?

Do you mean for tanking, or DPSing?

I rather like my glyphs for dps; increasing the duration of things makes my life easier.

(edit: aimed the the feral glyphs, obviously. haven't looked into boomkin)

I also like the feral glyphs. If you dislike them, perhaps you could be more specific about how they differ from (and, in your opinion, are worse than) the glyphs for other classes...

Glyph of rake... is a big fail.

The balance glyphs are pretty good. Glyphs of Starfire and Moonfire are pretty powerful, and with the last glyph there are a couple of options to choose now (IS, Starfall).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asura
    Glyph of rake... is a big fail.
    It's a great glyph for leveling, especially in high pop areas where the mobs run. How is that fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Invi
    It's a great glyph for leveling, especially in high pop areas where the mobs run. How is that fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

glyphs wasnt in the game when i was a lowie, so, it dont have any utility for me, and the effect seems to poor for being a major glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Asura
    glyphs wasnt in the game when i was a lowie, so, it dont have any utility for me, and the effect seems to poor for being a major glyph
    Not every glyph is designed to be used for raiding or arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Not every glyph is designed to be used for raiding or arenas.
    While I agree with you, I still could not stand using glyph of rake lvling up :\ Glyph of Maul and mangle was a significantly better choice The times in which a mob ran into more mobs were very few and it would not have been of much benefit. The times when there were 2 mobs on me and I didn't want to waste swipe***- glyph of maul was wonderful.

Supposedly (I haven't heard anything about it recently) there is going to be a glyph of claw for those who are too low to have mangle and do not want to use rake. After that point I would assume switch from claw -> rake.

Would it be a problem if they gave us a glyph of no-reagent requirement D:?

***EDIT: I didn't mean Shred.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    While I agree with you, I still could not stand using glyph of rake lvling up :\ Glyph of Maul and mangle was a significantly better choice The times in which a mob ran into more mobs were very few and it would not have been of much benefit. The times when there were 2 mobs on me and I didn't want to waste shred - glyph of maul was wonderful.

Supposedly (I haven't heard anything about it recently) there is going to be a glyph of claw for those who are too low to have mangle and do not want to use rake. After that point I would assume switch from claw -> rake.

i like your sig :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    i like your sig :P
    Thankyou, I forget what the acronym stands for but I made it up sometime after reading Kalgan's wiki page...

Also, corrected my post since I mis-typed the wrong skill.

While I agree with you, I still could not stand using glyph of rake lvling up :\ Glyph of Maul and mangle was a significantly better choice The times in which a mob ran into more mobs were very few and it would not have been of much benefit. The times when there were 2 mobs on me and I didn't want to waste swipe***- glyph of maul was wonderful.
    It may not have been useful for your play style, but I can imagine it would be quite useful for a lot of people. It's certainly one I'd consider for levelling a druid (something I'm actually doing on another server - I really enjoyed levelling a druid).

Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    It may not have been useful for your play style, but I can imagine it would be quite useful for a lot of people. It's certainly one I'd consider for levelling a druid (something I'm actually doing on another server - I really enjoyed levelling a druid).

Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth?
    My bad, I meant for gift of the wild x_x; I'm full of expression-fail tonite. Also, I saw GotW since at the start of battlegrounds when half of us find ourselves using it (in raids, we suck it up), it's already a free mana cost with the Preparation buff (so the current glyph of the wild is worthless), and we still eat reagents because of it.

My bad, I meant for gift of the wild x_x; I'm full of expression-fail tonite. Also, I saw GotW since at the start of battlegrounds when half of us find ourselves using it (in raids, we suck it up), it's already a free mana cost with the Preparation buff (so the current glyph of the wild is worthless), and we still eat reagents because of it.
    I assumed you meant for GOTW, but still, we're not the only ones who still have to use reagents. In fact, I reckon pallies have a lot more to complain about - we can still cast a 30 min buff when we don't want to burn reagents (and this is exactly what I do for BGs).

GOTW is just a convenience spell - you want the convenience of it, you pay for the reagent. I think this is actually why Rebirth has a glyph to remove reagent cost - not being able to use it in the middle of a boss fight because you ran out of reagents for it earlier in the night would be incredibly infuriating. Meanwhile for GOTW you can either rely on other druids to do it, or have everyone wait a bit longer while you buff them. Certainly not a show stopper.

The best way to look at glyphs is to think of them as tools to fine tune classes. Some classes/builds need more help then others and those are the ones that get the better glyphs. Haunt and HFB glyphs are good examples. Bliz can't get the talent trees sorted so they end them with a talent that increases damage by a huge %. It still isn't good enough, so locks and rogues get glyphs to increase damage by a few more %. They look like great, but its out of necessity