Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow Priests WTFPWNING Affliction Warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme
    mhm.

You do the same as affliction aswell

Why put up shadow dots on a priest with 80 sres that can dispell half of your dmg?
    Pew him with fire, no matter what spec you are.

And if he keeps dispelling immolate, just spam the bastard with searing pains and incinerates anyway.

Youll eat through him like hes paper
    2 things

1. No you don't
    2. U don't have conflag as affliction
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    2 things

1. No you don't
    2. U don't have conflag as affliction
    2) Didnt say you did.

If you want to dot up an spriest with dots that he has resistance too and can dispel, be my guest.

When im on my lock, ill add some fire spells to kill him though, which he has no resistance too, you can carry on getting beaten if you like.

2) Didnt say you did.

If you want to dot up an spriest with dots that he has resistance too and can dispel, be my guest.

When im on my lock, ill add some fire spells to kill him though, which he has no resistance too, you can carry on getting beaten if you like.
    If you actually think that, you're a terrible lock.

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    bad lock is bad
    witty and original, i applaud you.

2) Didnt say you did.

Just letting you know I pvp as destro on my lock
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

2) Didnt say you did.

130 spell pen "beats" the resistance right?

Dispelling UA silences you right?

Quote Originally Posted by haxorbaxor
    ... they get 5k heal from deathcoil...
    And with the small cooldown of 20 secs we got a lot of instant heal !!! Btw. my lolcoil heals me for ovaa ninethousand !!!!!

Lets be true, lolcoil heals you for maybe 1,5k-2k and got a long cd. I only would fire it upon you as a last choice.

I currently doing BGs as affliction, i miss the BIG BANGS from destro a lot but affliction can be a good alternative for BGs. Not sure how about 3.2 when demonology pwnz all *kidding*

If i meet a SPriest in BG, i do this (most time I use voidwalker as pet for detecting rogues and shield):

Unstable Affliction, Corruption, CoA, Haunt. First thing i want to have up is UA to make sure he doesnt start to dispell. I also try to fear him asap.

I always try to keep those 4 up on him, he wouldnt dispell himself. If he would, its a gain for me because UA will kick him in the ass real nice PLUS silence him. I also keep him feared.

I dont have any destro talents so i dont spam SB on him I just drain life, healing myself, waiting for nightfall to proc.

As soon as his HP gets on 25%, drain soul. If he doesnt silence you at this point, he is dead but doesnt know it yet. He has no chance to heal against drain soul while every dot is up and running.

For myself, i got massive problems against paladins, just because they only attack with at least 1-2 rogues next to them and all CDs ready. So they do the stunlock dance with me and are soo happy after all if they manage to kill you with a little help of their friends *gg*
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

mhm.

Why put up shadow dots on a priest with 80 sres that can dispell half of your dmg?

And if he keeps dispelling immolate, just spam the bastard with searing pains and incinerates anyway.

Bad poster is bad....

if ur affliction and u have taken the BEST spells outta affliction E.g UA and HAUNT which are MAJOR WINS in PvP u CAN NEVER TAKE CONFLAG...
    however u CAN incinerate him

bad poster is bad...

L2play warlock plox

Never had problems with shadow priests. Who cares if they get mana back when you dispel that shit, waste more of their time by dispelling it, because it's on your pets' global cooldown, not yours.

For my PvP spec, i have devour magic bound twice, once on one of my mouse buttons for "Devour Self" - that is, devouring magic on myself, and i bind Z to devour magic on target. Unlike other posters, i usually start off with a fear - make them blow that trinket nice and early, get shadow ward up and give yourself a chance to set up a DoT or two - i usually go UA, Haunt, corruption, and CoA. Counterspell the very first shadow spell he starts casting. Should be easy.

If he has no trinket up, you can do the above rotation, followed by DC and shadowbolt which will do a nice chunk of damage and perhaps put him into "oh shit" mode. Might even try healing himself. Yeah, counterspell that.

Guess the idea is that you have to take manual control of your felpuppy - take everything off autocast and do it all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    bad lock is bad

mhm.

If you do the same as affliction, you deserve to be beaten up by any SSPriest.
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

If you think its a problem that a SPriest can dispell himself AND you are affliction, as the topic says, then u FAILED.

I got a holypriest yesterday at WSG who killed himself. Here is the situation:

Horde paladin picked up the flag, i casted UA on him, the holypriest dispelled the paladin, got a 12k and silence. I reapplied UA and other dots and the priest came out of silence, dispelled again and there he goes.

mhm.

Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWish
    shadow priest > affliction warlock
    Shadow priest < destruction warlock
    Discipline priest > destruction warlock
    Discipline priest < arcane mage
    Arcane mage > affliction warlock
    Frost mage < destruction warlock
    Frost mage < discipline priest
    Frost mage < shadow priest

By no way a SPriest beats an affliction lock.

Stones, Paper, Scissor!!!! ZOMG!!!!

Try to play a Warrior (without an dispeller) against a Frost Mage, then you really know what's frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    Then why dont Warlocks have such STRONG cooldown abilities?
    Heck i would gladly use ALL of my cooldowns if they would allow me to beat my opponent... they are definatly of no use to me when im dead...
    Honestly I would prefer having some basic class skills like crowd control, an interrupt, a way to escape melee, ect.

And in exchange you can have Dispersion. A self-silence that just lets the opponents time exactly when to stun you, or lets them gain combo points or RP, or recover energy. The other "long cooldowns" we have are a temporary pet that easily gets CC'd or slowed into uselessness, and Silence, which we have to spend 3 talent points to get.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sket
    Totally agree with this

lololololololololololololololol

Afflic Lock looses to spriest?

I have never played a warlock, here is a pro tip tho.
    Step 1 UA and Corruption
    Step 2 Felhunter Auto Attack
    Step 3 Run in opposite direction
    Step 4 ???
    Step 5 PROFIT

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Don't forget Fear, since Shadowpriests have no interrupts and one silence on a long cooldown.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Don't forget Fear, since Shadowpriests have no interrupts and one silence on a long cooldown.
    Fear is pretty useless if the priest is undead.
    First fear dispelled by fear ward (1.5sec cast for the warlock)
    Second fear is trinketed (3 sec)
    3:d fear dispelled by trinket (4.5 sec)
    and the last fear hold for 1,5 sec or ~2k damage. (6sec)

it would take the warlock 6 sec to get the priest feared for 1,5 sec which isn't worth it.

I haven't duelled a shadow priest as affliction but it could be hard to survive the 5 sec silience and those 6 sec they take -90% damage.
    6 sec with dots ticking on the warlock is alot of damage, and the priest only takes 10% damage.

The priest could also fear our pet to not make it silence while they cast mind blast/mind flay.

I'm not saying the priest should win. I say that the priest have a good chance if its played with equal gear and by a skilled player.