Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kharay1977

Re: Warlock and Hunters Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khahla
    Oh you mean you want GC to post a page of complete double-speak where he talks a lot but doesnt say a damn thing?

Wth came out of the hunter Q&A other than:

1.No we still havent fixed ammo or trap functionality, it's now at least two major content patches late. No fix in sight.

2.Yeah we really want to buff BM guys, I swear it on my honor as a cub scout we just cant think of a way to do it.

3. Yeah the Cunning family of pets blows huh? Oh well.
    Good summary, tbh...

I bet you that they nerf destro and aff to make all 3 specs do the same dps LOL

Well I was thinking, since they say there would be so huuuge biiiiiig problems with ammo bags and things connected with that, why they can't implement a drop from end-raid bosses that would work the same as Ultrasafe Bullet Machine or the arrow version of this with unlimited amount of ammo inside... nothing big would change in game, the bags and everything would stay the same... That can't be that hard to implement eh or is there something else behind that?

Just my two cents

Or why not just have ammo as an unlimited totem/relic type item that they can update with each raid tier to ensure hunters scale?

Can make it badge buyable perhaps with (maybe a large amount of) badges from the applicable tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Warlock and Hunters Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Balancing DPS Specs
    It's very hard to come up with compelling niches for where a warlock would think "I really want to be Demo in this situation." But I'd argue the same thing exists between Affliction and Destro. Earlier in LK Affliction "won." Now things have shifted back to Destro.

Again, this is not a lock specific problem. For awhile Arcane felt like a better spec for high-movement fights, of which there were many. Now depending on who you talk to, Arcane just flat out "loses" to Fire. The suggestions players tend to make involve the constant tweaking of spell damage, coefficients or talents up or down until everything is within 1% (or whatever) again. I just don't know how realistic that is or if there's a better way to do it.

[...] That may be sufficient for you. That may be sufficient for a lot of players. But I don't think it would be sufficient overall. The question to ask yourself is at what point would you abandon the highest dps spec for your favorite dps spec? 10%? 5%? 1%? For a lot of players, they just want to know what the highest potential dps spec is and care less about the magnitude of the differential. You can just say those players are dumb and we shouldn't cater to them, but I can tell you a lot of players feel that way. (Source)
    Isn't this good? Wouldn't it be better if all the viable raid dps specs for classes like this (aka. ones that aren't already down the shitter but just need help, the Mage example used, certain lock specs, or certain hunter trees needing a little boost in some specific department) were closer together so people COULD pick their favorite spec and still be doing at least well? I don't get it, he says he isn't happy with a suggestion to buff or nerf coefficients until they're within 1-2% of each other, but he cares about how much people are willing to sacrifice DPS-wise to play the spec they like best. Does he want it to be "if you want to play the spec you like, it's going to be a 10% loss over the best spec according to all the smart kids, but we like that you're sacrificing to play it. However, we aren't going to give that tree any attention just because you like it." Because this is basically what he's said.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

OMG WE'RE GETTING RACCOON SHOT!
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I started laughing pretty hard at "Raccoon shot".

He really should just stop saying things, esp involving hunters.

new addition to 51 point BM talent:

Dragon Sting - operates as serpent sting but also increases arcane shot and pet damage to target by x%.

ZOMG I just solved the bm tree's problem.

/bow

15+ Year Old Account

for the love of god, kite you stupid hunters kite... melee is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfowitz
    Well I was thinking, since they say there would be so huuuge biiiiiig problems with ammo bags and things connected with that, why they can't implement a drop from end-raid bosses that would work the same as Ultrasafe Bullet Machine or the arrow version of this with unlimited amount of ammo inside... nothing big would change in game, the bags and everything would stay the same... That can't be that hard to implement eh or is there something else behind that?

Just my two cents
    As I interpret it their issue is not so that it's ZOMG HARD to implement a new ammo mechanic - they already have a bow that completely ignores ammo - but that they want some way of removing all the existing ammo bags/ammo from players because it would be obsolete. I really think that's more of a "why can't we do this?" question than a "how do we do this?" though - all that's different between this and the rogue reagent changes is that hunters use a bag.
    With the removal of the haste on bags there's no reason to -use- a pouch except to carry tonnes of ammo. All they really need to do is implement non-consumable ammo, change all the existing ammo into grey vendor items, and then let market forces take place. They don't need to move/delete all the ammo bags in player inventories - once they make the change players will do it for them. I expect they're giving this answer out to buy time for them to actually figure out where they're going to put this new ammo - the BC faction grinds were generally just an additional burden for raiding hunters, and the other obvious option is to put them as boss drops; something which clearly isn't working for relics.

Rogues can kill Hunter pets in the duration of saps, Ret Paladins can kill Hunter pets in the duration of a repentance, warriors cant incapacitate me so its a bit harder for them because my CC and my pets CC to break him off us, Deathknights can kill Hunter pets pretty fast even while being healed.

IMO since it is our pet and it loves us very much there should be somthing implemented like, when we get CC'd (Stun, Feared, Incapacitated, ect..) the pet goes into a frenzy generating X amount of health over X amount of time OR reducing damage done to the pet by X amount and increasing focus regeneration by X% OR something of that sort of thing, this can be given to BM hunters only but that still leave MM and SV hunters pets pretty much getting squashed in the duration of most CC's.
    Another thing we could do is kind of in the same category to what I mentioned above but we can have the pets have different effects depending on what type (talent tree) it is.
    He who angers you conquers you.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Hmm... hunter, warlock, mage, death knight. When was the latest "rogue q/a" post?
    I'm getting the impression it's either coming soon, or the last "big" one was half a year ago.
    Not that this will happen, but it would be ok with me if they do skip it and leave us alone.

We're perfectly fine at the moment and I'd rather them not consider reasons to nerf the shit out of us, like the whiners on the forums have been begging them to do on a daily basis for some time.

They're very persistent with their bitching, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Khahla
    Oh you mean you want GC to post a page of complete double-speak where he talks a lot but doesnt say a damn thing?

Wth came out of the hunter Q&A other than:

1.No we still havent fixed ammo or trap functionality, it's now at least two major content patches late. No fix in sight.

2.Yeah we really want to buff BM guys, I swear it on my honor as a cub scout we just cant think of a way to do it.

3. Yeah the Cunning family of pets blows huh? Oh well.
    Still it beats mage Q&A :P

About the Warlocks posts:

A lot of text of nothing. Just repeating the question and doing as if you awnsered it.
    This standard text is the same as I have seen with other classes.

You know im of the opinion that no matter what Blizz does it will never be good enough, you know guys stop whining and just enjoy the game. I feel everything is decent enough i like how theres a difference in class DPS or rotations and i like that every class feels different, it seems to me that everyone wants everyclass to be the same do the same amount of dps and be constant so that there are no supprises, Yet people constantly complain about how "Easy Mode" in Raid/PvP progression has put a significant amount of strain on thier overall game opinion, you know its fine to have suggestions and hate or dislike some aspects and like others but lets be happy that the classes are they way they are who wants to play a warlock that plays like a mage that plays like a paladin that plays like a warrior? lame quit complaining and just play the game or dont

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfayth
    You know im of the opinion that no matter what Blizz does it will never be good enough, you know guys stop whining and just enjoy the game. I feel everything is decent enough i like how theres a difference in class DPS or rotations and i like that every class feels different, it seems to me that everyone wants everyclass to be the same do the same amount of dps and be constant so that there are no supprises, Yet people constantly complain about how "Easy Mode" in Raid/PvP progression has put a significant amount of strain on thier overall game opinion, you know its fine to have suggestions and hate or dislike some aspects and like others but lets be happy that the classes are they way they are who wants to play a warlock that plays like a mage that plays like a paladin that plays like a warrior? lame quit complaining and just play the game or dont
    Good said. Agree with all of it
    If it isnt broken, you havent been looking hard enough

Kharay1977

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfayth
    Whereas your point of view does have merit, you are missing the point of some of the complaints here. What is happening to certain classes in the game is that they're only truly playable in just 1 specific spec. Which is a situation that has no business being in an MMORPG such as WoW. Especially in an expansion such as WOTLK, of which the whole design stance of Blizzard was to make it less about the class and more about the actual player.

Quote Originally Posted by Inacup
    A thought came to my mind. Why not go back to the "Old Warcraft Beastmaster"?
    I don't know about Stampede. But if you remember the Beastmaster in Warcraft was a melee heavy hero. They could kill two birds with one stone if they made BM talent tree buff both pet dmg and melee dmg. It could be the one tree that would actually put those stat sticks to work!

Back in the day Lucifron always dropped Tome of Tranq. Shot, but it was an added piece of green loot that was guaranteed drop, and even though it was hunter only, it did not matter since it did not affect the rest of the loot table, there is no reason that boss 3,5 or 7 in a raid instance could not have the new non-consumable ammo(or X Amount of Crates) drop from it as a given, in a similar fashion. Later on make with the next major content patch make that ammo purchasable with badges or from the previous tier, just like they did with Sigils.

In terms of buffing BM- it was nice to see at least one piece of loot in Hyjal that was BM specific, I understand the desire to not make class specific/spec specific loot- yet at the same time other classes have not only 3 sets of tier gear designed for them, but also a variety of other items as well (no one other than a holy paladin is using Plate Healing gear are they?)

Redesign set bonuses and or bring back 6-8 piece sets..allowing the ability to have different set bonuses at the same time.
    I believe that Hunter T8 has one of the lowest Proc rates out there... since we do not have 3 separate sets.. 4 piece for mages, warlocks,hunters and rogues could have a bonus that affects each tree

Incorporate a passive BM ability , or redesign spirit bond so that it is similar to the T5-2 piece bonus - Pet is healed for x% of the damage you deal

BM reactive ability that when pet crits or you use Kill Command- Arcane shots damage is boosted by x

Blizzard already said the new BM "shot" will be Bestial Shot, which turns the target into the hunters pet, which he can use forever. Imagine the devastation in PvP
    I little OP if you ask me...