So now that my prot gear is in a nice shape, I'm starting to build my healing gear. I have some experience as a healer (druid, priest), but paladin offers a new way of thinking for me. I have some questions about gearing and healing as a paladin.
Well I have an almost full set (except a weapon) which is an awful mix of heroic blues, crafted mail and plate, ulduar and naxx stuff. My stats are crappy but I've not yet gemmed nor enchanted the stuff. What I'd like to know is, as of 3.1, what should I focus on when chosing a bit of stuff ? The obvious paladin healing stats are :
- Mana regen
But I don't know how to sort them.
- Are there magic numbers regarding haste, mana regen, crit, spellpower ("caps") ?
- Is gemming full intellect the way to go, even at a low level of stuff ?
- Holy Light seems to be the way to go here, with Holy Shock when off CD. During TBC, Paladins were FoL spammers, now they spam HL it seems. Is it like in TBC where you hit a spell as soon as the previous one is gone, or have overhealing and mana regen become a bit more of thing to worry about ?
- Divine plea : Do you use it on CD, or only when you know the situation is stable (= the MT won't get gibbed) ?
- Divine plea 2 : Do you heal while under the effects of Divine plea ?
- For heroics (I like them ), do you still use HL + HS ? Or do you tend to use FoL more ?
- Finally, has the Flash of Light it's place in some situations as of 3.1 in a raid environment, or should I just NOT use it ?
I think it's all that I can think about for now.