Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Solution for spellpower plate pally gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    for the lovely love of god, why would blizz dispose of healplate?
    who else beside durids use heal-leather?they require ton of spirit 'n stuff
    who else beside shamans wear healmail? they require...dunno what%)
    who else beside priests wear healcloth? they require again ton of spirit, and possib mp5

so holypaladins orbit around crit and int on their gear. fact is that holypalas dont need anythinn else beside, but is it bad - tads a question.

aaahhh... i get it now, blizz failed with healplate just like with dpsplate
    so now they want to remove it, goddamn clever choice
    The only 2 Spirit classes are Druids and Priests, in terms of healing. Because Priests cannot use Leather, only Bal/Resto Druids use SP leather.

Shaman mail also has stats that Paladins can use, as they won't try to focus on Spirit or MP5 either.

15+ Year Old Account

...and?...
    That paladins and Shamans look for similar stats for Healing/DPSing, and that Clothies/Druids look for similar stats when Healing/DPSing, I.E.

2 specs use 'Heal-leather'.
    3 Specs use 'healmail'.
    11 specs use 'healcloth'.

Personally I think it was a terrible idea to make spirit a useful stat for DPS, too much competition for non-hit gear.

But I hope nobody is implying that paladin or shaman would use cloth or leather healing gear...
    There was a leather moonkin-ish shoulder piece I used on my pally once, but any healing leather will be loaded down with spirit.

Blizzard wont do any of this anyway orly? yraly, they'll just wait till they make more classes wich can use this ololol.

why?

they dont care

15+ Year Old Account

......and?...

could you please explain me,what is bad if a completely different class would use different system of stats and would wear its personal gear?
    what is bad in it?
    you want more gomogenisation?
    dont you remember, how do they gomogenise classes/gear?
    they said, warriors, dk's and and paladins would wear same dpsplate.
    check out then warrior, dk, and lolret plate.
    I was simply answering your question as to what other classes use the specific pieces of gear you mentioned.

Homogenization, in terms of Gear, can be good and bad: In the cases listed above, making (Holy) Paladins wear Tank gear would seem out of place- there is a significant under representation of stats. However, making other Classes/Specs use SP Plate (ie Rets, UH DKs, and Frost DKs) would mean less competition on Physical DPS plate, and more on SP Plate, meaning an overall better percentage chance on drops for each class/spec except for Holy paladins.

Its too bad shockadins aren't a viable DPS spec.

Deleted

Why waste words to this, just

NO!

next expansion paladins will use plate dps gear to heal with, i think there was a blue post somewhere that they working on tis idea.
    seeing how they do the current homogenization it mostlikely will happen.

and posible just str will convert to mana/int or something

and im totaly not happy if it end up this way, because everything is already looking way to much the same...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by On
    next expansion paladins will use plate dps gear to heal with, i think there was a blue post somewhere that they working on tis idea.
    seeing how they do the current homogenization it mostlikely will happen.

and posible just str will convert to mana/int or something

and im totaly not happy if it end up this way, because everything is already looking way to much the same...
    They said they don't want this to happen, because then Paladins would have 1 set to DPS and heal with.

Much like Druids can.
    Or Priests...
    Or Shamans......

I believe they should keep holy paladin gear the way it is. The gear is like a tier piece, except limited to one class, and there are bosses that drop gear only certain classes can use (no WotlK bosses come to mind but in TBC, there was mage trinket in SSC, warr/rogue illidan weps, etc.) But yes, I do agree that the loot shouldn't be so random. If there is no pally in group then no holy pally gear shuld drop, since no one culd use it, not even for offspec.

"Gnomes will win, by unleashing their secret, previously unknown weapon from deep in the bowels of Gnomeregan: Gnome druids. Those kittens and bear cubs will rip everyone apart."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pwonatizer
    I believe they should keep holy paladin gear the way it is. The gear is like a tier piece, except limited to one class, and there are bosses that drop gear only certain classes can use (no WotlK bosses come to mind but in TBC, there was mage trinket in SSC, warr/rogue illidan weps, etc.) But yes, I do agree that the loot shouldn't be so random. If there is no pally in group then no holy pally gear shuld drop, since no one culd use it, not even for offspec.
    You could also make SP plate upgradeable for DPS plate like late-TBC gear was, except it requires badges from that specific gear tier instead of a dropped item (i.e. like a Runed Orb).

Would like it if every boss who drops spelldamage plate, just drops it and one additional item.

To exemplify: If a boss usually drops 3 items, it will always drop 3 items without spd on plate and maybe once in a while a spd plate item (normal drop chance, like 15% or whatever it is on any given boss). Will increase the number of loot items droped slightly, but not that much that it should bother anyone.

Btw, I never played a cloth healer, but a lot of cloth "heal items" look good for a caster too. There are exceptions (+hit for healers and mp5 for caster), but not as bad as spd plate

15+ Year Old Account

Much like the OP's idea, I had suggested something on various occasion to merge Shaman, and Pally gear.

A Sunmote type system would be used to "Reinforce" the mail armor to plate, at no extra cost, or anything. Just have to go to a blacksmith, or NPC.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Much like the OP's idea, I had suggested something on various occasion to merge Shaman, and Pally gear.

A Sunmote type system would be used to "Reinforce" the mail armor to plate, at no extra cost, or anything. Just have to go to a blacksmith, or NPC.
    Sure merge plate sp and mail sp into the same thing so people don't complain about sp plate. So that means 2 classes and 3 specs have that gear, which in turn means that sp leather is now the drop of least desirability and you will have the same qq over that.

Speaking of which I can't count the number of times I've seen sp leather get sharded because the druids already had it because there are only 2, of how many times the same tanking pieces drops that our dps is filling up offspecs that just collect dust.

A mote system would create more competition for gear which creates even more gear drama so that is an issue. Merging sp plate to some other type of gear creates even more gear drama yet again. Even lowering the drop rate creates an issue of said holy pally not being able to gear up at the same speed because they have to down the boss x many more times.

There is no way shape or form to make every single person in the game happy, its a fact and people have to deal with it. IMO the best way to deal with it is to leave it as is now. Sure a few sharded drops here and there aren't a huge deal but RNG is random, just have to deal with it. The best possible fix is to put another class into the game that uses that type of armor to balance it out.

An alternative would be to just give all Paladin spells, healing, damage, or otherwise, AP coefficients like Death Knights, so that you didn't have to have conversion talents to get spell effects to scale.

Give Holy Paladins some kind of talent or toggling ability that makes it impossible to deal damage and heal or tank at the same time. Without it, they simply can't heal, and with it, they simply can't tank/DPS. And no Holy Form, get the hell out of here with that.

I meant something along the lines of "Inner Peace" Where you regenerate mana equivalent to your defense rating every second, but while active, your chance to dodge, block, or parry is reduced by 75%, make it cost your entire current mana pool to cast it like Lay on Hands used to, so that activating it mid combat is incredibly risky.

If they made mail available to be made into plate, people would be able to get good gear very easily. In a TBC example, it would be like being sunwell/bt geared without ever going into Hyjal+ raids

"Gnomes will win, by unleashing their secret, previously unknown weapon from deep in the bowels of Gnomeregan: Gnome druids. Those kittens and bear cubs will rip everyone apart."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pwonatizer
    If they made mail available to be made into plate, people would be able to get good gear very easily. In a TBC example, it would be like being sunwell/bt geared without ever going into Hyjal+ raids

Uhhh why?

It would be just the conversion of a same item level item, to a reinforced version of the same item.

Just like you were able to change Elemental Shaman Gloves off of trash into resto gloves, or DPS pants in Tanking pants.... just like in sunwell.

-Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

15+ Year Old Account

Okay, I fell asleep, woke up, had breakfast, and still, Pwonatizer has yet to explain himself.

Someone please want to give me a glimpse inside his logic?