Taunt Resisted/ Missed

Ok I never had issues until the last few weeks and seems my taunts get resisted or missed ALOT very very frustrating can anyone tell me what I need to work on so this happens way less then it has been ???

Oh heres my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...o&n=Dreamstate
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Taunt Resisted/ Missed

Considered you also have the RD glyph, it's mostly just bad luck on your RNG recently.

However, if you want to go for extra hit, there are some options. First that comes to my mind are the boots from Ignis 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

even though they said taunts arent on spell hit anymore.. I'm certain they are. We have tanks all the time who miss while theyre physical hit capped, and they have to go reglyph.

I know this is obvious (most likely) but i NEED to ask to be sure since you didn't provide too much info.
    Are you positive it's Resists and not "Immune"? On bosses (like Thorim, for example, if you use two tanks for US) where there's tank swaps, it's possible you are taunting too often and the boss is going immune.
    Like i said, this is PROBABLY not the case, but just making sure.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

valor badge cloak has 32 hit on it, plus the added dodge will will rock if you are MTing.
    If you only stack stam to tank, go to the auction house and buy all the "of stamina" gear you can get your little fingers on....now lets see how well you do.

yes not immune its been resisted like on the adds on Ignis - and a few other times but the adds is killing the whole raid

Also happened on IC

Ill work on getting my cloak - and hopefully the boots will drop some day! I just am getting so frustrated on why Im resisting way more now then just a few weeks ago
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamkeeper
    Ok I never had issues until the last few weeks and seems my taunts get resisted or missed ALOT very very frustrating can anyone tell me what I need to work on so this happens way less then it has been ???

Oh heres my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...o&n=Dreamstate
    It happens with everyone buddy.. Good thing that they're making the Glyph for RD to affect Hand of Reckoning also.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamkeeper
    yes not immune its been resisted like on the adds on Ignis - and a few other times but the adds is killing the whole raid

Also happened on IC

Ill work on getting my cloak - and hopefully the boots will drop some day! I just am getting so frustrated on why Im resisting way more now then just a few weeks ago
    On the IC initial pull it sucks. You can't use the aoe taunt if you only want 1 of the mobs. Best bet is to run in there and hit the one you want. It takes a little longer to get proper separation, but there is almost no chance of it going wrong. If you are picking up the doubletanked add in 10-man, warn the other tank if you missed and then use your other taunt. Let him immediately taunt his back.

With Ignis, you shouldn't be relying on taunt. There's so much damage going out that just grabbing aggro isn't enough. You need to actively be gaining threat the whole time to hold aggro off the healers. Unless you are really slow on the pickup, the initial taunt won't be worth it. Opening with hammer or shield will be more threat for your gcd.

A good rule of thumb. You shouldn't use taunt to pick up mobs. It only matches the highest threat person, so on the initial pickup it is one of your lowest threat attacks. Taunt if you manage to lose a mob or if you want to swap tanks. In 3.2 it may become a decent pickup with the higher holy damage, but I think it'll still be fairly poor compared to a proper swing.

5% hit from gear + 8% from glyph + 3% misery/Imp FF + 1% draenei = 17%. There's no reason you missed if you had Draenei and SP/Boomkin... If you hadn't you got your answer. Just RNG...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

taunts hit cap is 17% melee hit, not spell hit.