Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.2 Seals of the Pure effect

What components of Seal of Vengeance/Corruption does the talent Seals of the Pure buff?

The DoT effect from the stacks?
    The %33 weapon damage on each melee hit/judgement?

One more question

In addition, the damage-over-time effect is now considered a melee attack instead of a spell attack.

This taken from the patch notes about the new Seal of Corruption/Vengeance, my question is since the DoT is a melee attack is its damage subject to armor? and therefore also the benefits from armor penetration?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.2 Seals of the Pure effect

holy dmg is holy. thus arP has no effect on it.

SotP affects 33% dmg on hit and the DoT afaik.

it's been tested on EJ.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t64775-3...iscussion/p20/

yes but all melee attacks are affected by ArP so i would assume that is will be.

Blizzard fixed SotP so it affects both the dot and the weapon proc...i think
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Terradii
    yes but all melee attacks are affected by ArP so i would assume that is will be.

Blizzard fixed SotP so it affects both the dot and the weapon proc...i think
    True but not ture.

The DoT component acts like a Melee ability, but it does Holy damage: in other words, it is affected by buffs such as Blood Frenzy, but does Magic damage and not Physical damage (which is what ArP affects).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    True but not ture.

The DoT component acts like a Melee ability, but it does Holy damage: in other words, it is affected by buffs such as Blood Frenzy, but does Magic damage and not Physical damage (which is what ArP affects).
    Read Blood Frenzy again. It affects physical damage, which means bleeds, autoattacks, and physical damage-dealing specials like CS and DS. It does not in any way affect any kind of magical damage.

The way the seal/judgement damage is calculated is quite weird :P

I believe I read somwhere that judgement damage will now be considered melee [instead of ranged] but, still ignore armour. I'm not 100% sure on this but it seems like this is what will happen for corruption/vengeance as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

True but not ture.

Physical damage increasing debuffs, and probably buffs as well, will not affect melee strikes that cause magical damage..

However.. Curse of Elements, Earth and Moon and Ebon Plague will increase their damage.

Thank you for the answers.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Physical damage increasing debuffs, and probably buffs as well, will not affect melee strikes that cause magical damage..

However.. Curse of Elements, Earth and Moon and Ebon Plague will increase their damage.
    Im not sure which of the two possibilities it will be, as the DoT is still considered a Melee-type ability

Would it be likely that they call the DoT a melee ability only to imply that it uses the melee hit cap?

The DoT, which I assume does holy damage, is a melee attack. mind=blown

So is the DoT damage effected by armor, can it be dodged? I dont think so. As a melee attack, do talents that "give you a 2% chance to be missed by spells" reduce the DoT's chance to hit? I cant tell if pallies are getting the best of both worlds, the worst of both worlds, or both ???

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Would it be likely that they call the DoT a melee ability only to imply that it uses the melee hit cap?
    You are right, when they say it is treated like a melee ability they mean it uses the melee hit and ap stats to determine its damage & chance to hit. However it deals holy damage so armor pen has no effect on it making armor pen a crappy stat for ret.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account

Also forgot to mention Iktaniet is right seals of the pure does effect the dot damage and the direct damage it deals which makes sotp a great talent if you want to boost your damage.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.

So is the DoT damage effected by armor, can it be dodged? I dont think so. As a melee attack, do talents that "give you a 2% chance to be missed by spells" reduce the DoT's chance to hit? I cant tell if pallies are getting the best of both worlds, the worst of both worlds, or both ???
    Elitistjerks reported that the DoT is subject of being dodged btw..

For some reason, I started to wonder what the hell are we made off.. how our spells are implemented.. and weird our spells/moves behaviours are.. probably, so weird.

All I know that we're still 'Elite' class ;D

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Im not sure which of the two possibilities it will be, as the DoT is still considered a Melee-type ability
    Use your common sense.

Your seal of blood is a melee strike, and it gains from CoE, but not from Blood Frenzy.
    Why am I so sure about this? I'm a frost DK and my frost strike follows the same mechanics.

In addition, I was a paladin for quite a while in TBC, can you remember the debuffs "Debilitating Strike" and "Spellbreaker"?

Spellbreaker affected Seal Damage. Debilitating Strike, did not.
    And I can also say seal of blood gained from CoE back in the days.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Wow yall are dumb,

I mean its complicated but do you not get your own class?

1) The first issue has always been does SotP effect the swing damage, that hits for an extra 33%.

2) If it does then its holy damage. It is modified by holy abilities, seals have always been magic, and the only change has been to put them on the melee hit coefficients.

3) So far the only abilities that are affected by armor and armor pen are Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm.

simply put the DoT damage of SoV/SoC is treated as Physical in the sense that it can not be dispelled but still does holy damage, pretty much the same with judgements when it is considered physical just for the sake of using melee hit rating and not spell hit which is also applied to our seals. so, if your asking if our seals and the DoT of the seal and the judgements are affected by ArP, then the answer is no. the only thing which ArP affects is just our Crusader Strike and our Divine Strom. i hope that clears things up abit.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    With it applying on every hit, I didnt really see why they would need to make it scale with hit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Use your common sense.

Your seal of blood is a melee strike, and it gains from CoE, but not from Blood Frenzy.
    Why am I so sure about this? I'm a frost DK and my frost strike follows the same mechanics.

In addition, I was a paladin for quite a while in TBC, can you remember the debuffs "Debilitating Strike" and "Spellbreaker"?

Spellbreaker affected Seal Damage. Debilitating Strike, did not.
    And I can also say seal of blood gained from CoE back in the days.
    Didnt have SoB"back in the day" :/

Frost strike does deal damage as Frost, but it's mechanics are a bit different- I can see though from SoV scaling with +Magic debuffs instead of +Physical as it is a Magical ability. I just don't see why they were making it considered a Melee ability, maybe to stay consistent?

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    1) The first issue has always been does SotP effect the swing damage, that hits for an extra 33%.
    SotP in the latest PTR build updates the 33% to 37-38% @ 5/5 Seals of the Pure. And that is pure awesome.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

But have you read what EJ and just by the way me as well figured out?

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t64775-3...iscussion/p21/

There is no Sealproc on Judge anymore. Neither when SoV is fully stacked nor on SoC (making SoC quite a bit more ridiculously weak as it is anyway).

On top of that, and this is really neckbreaking, ONLY Melee White Weaponswings apply the DoT. So you need to actually stand like 15 sec on the boss till u actually start dpsing.. That's a ton of DPS-Loss. Besides.. Bosses that make you run away or stand in distance having your dot timing out.. Are.. Well, the Raidlead shouldn't take Rets to that kind of boss... No viable dps possible.

I, and the EJ Guys too, hope that this is a bug. It gotta be a bug.