Thread: Blizzard L2...

Blizzard L2...

Hi everyone out there... I'm writing this forum not so much as to QQ or troll about much but I felt this post was necessary as things have started to get way out of hand with arenas. It has built up and built up and until I saw the recent forum post "
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

PvP against Melee
    I am saying circle strafing is not our vision for WoW PvP. It is supposed to be about using your abilities at the right time. We don’t want to solve a balance problem by turning our PvP into a game where nobody ever stands still. I will turn this around, and say that your solutions need to account for a melee class being able to kill you even if you're a really clever hunter. Any of these solutions that approach "and that way melee won't ever be able to catch me" sound great if you're a hunter and not so great if you're a game designer. We don't want melee to clobber you every encounter. But we don't want you to kite them while shooting at them either. At least in the first example you are doing some damage to them. In the second, they don't even get a hit off. (Source)

(Source)[/blizzquote]
    "

I began to ask myself why are arenas going downhill continuously and every season we seem to find that some problems get fixed yet so many others arise. Quite simply Blizzard I believe you are easily the prime suspect. Arenas was at an all time high in s3 and s4 and although some may disagree with me I can honostly say it was the most balanced that arenas ever have been. Then we progressed into a new era one that everyone was looking forward 2. Although the introduction of such an OP'd class made arenas fall into disarray.

I see multiple changes to the system from then onward rather than trying to fix the problems...

1. You introduced two completely new que'ing systems that matched everyone according to skill and although you think it works your team still relies on the luck of the ques so that the point you won't run into your counter comp. *Mine as a druid / war 2s team is lock/priest for example.* Now with my 2s team every time we match up to this comp even if they are obviously less skilled players than we are can still beat us no matter what skill they are and if we run into them multiple times during the day we can lose up to 50 rating without us truly having a chance. Although I will admit that sometimes you either A. get lucky or B. they made to many mistakes and we win because of it. but thats close to a 1/10 chance of even seeing that.

2. Your once again changing the arenas game completely now with a change to resil. Its nerfing everyones damage entirely and with that I forsee that people will be running into the same problem we all saw in s3/s4. That being games lasting anywhere from 10-30 minutes. I also have a hard time seeing double dps surviving thru this nerf. CC's will not last long enough for a nonexistant burst to happen. Yes those without resil can be bursted but rather those of us wearing resil will never die or will take ages to die. It seems blizzard is buffing everyone including the classes that don't even need buffs. I can see to the extent that if in this season Dk's could easily survive without pvp gear and pallys the same can dwell with half pvp gear and half pve because they are safe enough inside their prot spec and preventing just critical hits is all one would need to worry about. However, next season, now that resil is getting buffed, those who don't wear as much pvp gear can are given the opportunity to wear even less gear now that resil has the added affect of not only still preventing critical hits from happening but also reducing the amount of damage done to them.

3. The introduction of new arenas. Well in a way I could see this as a positive but on other sides alot of us simply question "What the hell where you thinking blizzard?"
    A. Dalaran arena I think is a great idea ignoring the fact that the LOS boxes don't always LOS or the heal you were just about to get off fails because a giant RNG pillar of water happens to cross your screen. You may ask yourself "Is it because your partner dies because you didn't have enough skill to heal him?" No quite simply a random waterfall passed your way and he died because at the last second you couldn't see him. That I see happen alot with paladins seeing how they have only one instant heal and the rest relies on his casting. My other favorite is how with the new expansion of Dalaran arena by 25% Blizzard fails to see or is failing to tell the rest of the audience how much this is buffing alot of classes. For example: Remember the classic to save your partner the DK will jump off the edge and yank you down trick? Well that's going to be 25% better for the DK's they can chains of ice you down there and you either have to wait till you drop combat to mount up (which wouldn't happen for quite awhile seeing how most DK's put Chains of Ice on you more than once while you are going around) OR you take the long way and continue to be chains of ice'd while you run all the way back up only to find out he can do the same trick to you in less than 5 seconds. Now so I'm not being classist Ele Shamans will get the same trick but with a twist. They get two choices. For both they at first thunderstorm you off the edge. Then they will frost shock you and either start bursting the shit out of you or they will let you once again take the long walk around now that the walk is 25% farther.

B. Ring of Valor: Yes even just the name makes alot of us shudder in fear. This phobia of the arena ranges from fear of losing your LoS then being bursted to death while you attempt to make it to the next pillar to barely touching the flames while jumping over them thus giving you yet another dot of death. Or as other classes continue to complain about your pet being useless for the whole fight as he is still standing on the elevator patiently waiting for their feet to be unbound from the elevators evil grasp. Well not only are these three things that upset other but some still see difficulties in the arena. Such as classes being allowed to use the arena to their advantage. DK's can wait by the fire and pull you ontop of it then chains of ice you to keep you roasting for awhile while casters and hunters can just stand in the middle and wait for ones LOS to disappear then proceed to burn them into oblivion. What could one do without something to skillfully counter this? Well for druids they cannot LOS as they usually need 2 to survive. They isn't a LOS pillar that maintains its LOS they drop after 15 seconds and then you can be slowed/Crippling Poisoned/Chains of iced/JOJ'd/charged/....ect. to your trip to the next pillar. Each class has its defensive skill moves and making an arena that specifically counters one classes defensive capabilities gives the other team the advantage. How is that skillful? The answer is quite simply that "It isn't at all skillful. Yet rather its waiting till you accept the que and hope to whatever immortal being you worship won't allow you to get the arena you have a disadvantage in.

My final attack is on the idea of destroying 2s. Why the hell would you even think of something so stupid. For my argument we can use the phrase "There are those of us who play 3s and 5s and those of us who don't in this world." Why would you from a business perspective Force your customers to pay to play something they don't want to do. Now I can see how you can defend yourselves claiming "No one is forcing you to do anything" But I see it otherwise. The playstyle difference from 2s to 3s is MASSIVE. I play wow to play arenas and since s3 I have enjoyed 2s as much as anyone else out there who loves the playstyle of 2s. Why can't I be rewarded for playing something I see as harder or more exciting as one who see's threes as more exciting than 2s? Why must I if I was a gladiator or looking to be a gladiator play 3s to have to get the title. 2s and 3s demand completely different playstyles than the other. Blizzard your asking for more people to play 3s but forcing someone to have to play 3s for the mount or weapons is asking a bit too much. My friend had a lul nerd-rage because he barely has enough time for 2s which he enjoys even more than I do and now he can't do what he loves to do anymore. Why? Because he works 40+ hours a week and hardly has enough time to play WoW as is.

This is just a plethora of examples and a plethora more exist in arenas. Why blizzard are you continuing to make changes without hypothesizing what the impact will have on arenas overall. Or why aren't you explaining your decisions to the crowd overall? Arenas is almost the only reason I play wow anymore because it was new and a challenge to fight against others with a chance at beating them even if the other team was your counter. I and the others reading this that agree with me beseech you to review your ideas on arenas overall and TALK TO US about it. You make announcements on changes you make and rather than have someone reply to our concerns you consider each idea for a brief moment without telling us of your decision. Please keep wow as an informed community as it used to be.

Re: Blizzard L2...

how does druid warrior get beat by lock priest O.o

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    how does druid warrior get beat by lock priest O.o
    easily destro counters druids heals and if the team is good its gg another example could be prot pally warrior. if you don't put out the pressure at the start your screwed

You think S3 was balanced? I assume you were facerolling your resto druid back then too. Guess what, that wasn't balance. It just seemed that way to you because you we're massively op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

More PvP QQ.

You know the game was balanced at one point in time....before Arenas.
    There comes a time when the life we know falls short. We are trapped and look for answers, and we find hope burning in dark places.

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofgod
    More PvP QQ.

You know the game was balanced at one point in time....before Arenas.
    nope. never was.

and @ OP i've never fought dest lock/priest. its always aff lock/priest. strange bgroup you play on

why not just make the lock waste his trinket on your warriors fear then spam cyclone him while your warrior eats the priest. warriors easily counter priests.
    you could also just wait until the priest is too busy to dispel the lock and root him in an inconvenient place

make your warrior spell reflect 2 seconds after being hit with immolate? plenty of things you can do.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sticks
    easily destro counters druids heals and if the team is good its gg another example could be prot pally warrior. if you don't put out the pressure at the start your screwed
    not to mention the only real counter a Warrior has to a lock is Spell Reflect, once thats gone, its open season.

Warriors have been kind of a mystery to me this season, mostly because they die in what seems like 3 hits all crits, but at the same time you find those OP ones who dont die and its even worse when they change to shield, but they would be open to spell attacks still.

Druids were OP in season 3 and 4 in a sense, partly because A) you cant interupt hots (nourish didn't exist) and B) we could feral charge to interupt others / get away.

Personally I still like feral charge, even though i don't run feral/resto for pvp.

The only point you made that I agree with is #1... I think the new queue system is fucking stupid. I understand personal ratings and team ratings, but the matchmaking rating wasn't needed. If your team is 800 rating then you should be matched against teams rated around 800. Not to mention (and maybe I just don't understand it) that sometimes you get +3 and they lose -20 and they where at a lower rating than you. The whole point system just confuses the hell out of me and I've heard plenty of times that it is possible to get up there by just playing a shit ton of games, which probably has something to do with queue dodging certain comps.

arena in a game with different classes FUCKING FAIL

it will be balanced ONLY WHEN everyone can do everything and this would kill WoW completely...
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    nope. never was.

and @ OP i've never fought dest lock/priest. its always aff lock/priest. strange bgroup you play on

why not just make the lock waste his trinket on your warriors fear then spam cyclone him while your warrior eats the priest. warriors easily counter priests.
    you could also just wait until the priest is too busy to dispel the lock and root him in an inconvenient place

make your warrior spell reflect 2 seconds after being hit with immolate? plenty of things you can do.
    lol not to offend you but it would seem your BG is full of retards... If a lock and a priest are smart against a druid its gg even with spell reflecting chaos bolt. And for your cc idea another fail... Locks if they are smart that is know how to fake cast just like a mage would have to.. Secondly if I even try to get close to a lock I will get screwed over as he normally saves deathcoil for me or shadowfury to start off a fear chain that normally will lead to a druids death because they cannot accommodate for that kind of burst.

For more sake of discussion I claimed that s3/s4 was the most balanced it has ever been now we have lost all progress at all. Your right however about druids being insane for those season too bad my druid only made the last part of s4 as I was playing priest for s3 and most of s4... For arugments sake lets ignore that commentary my post was an attack toards blizzard or more of a "its time to wake up" call.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by volunthas
    arena in a game with different classes FUCKING FAIL

it will be balanced ONLY WHEN everyone can do everything and this would kill WoW completely...
    Pretty much, which is why i try to stay away from arena. It's just a bunch of RAWR RAWR ILL FACEROLL YOU BETTER!, i like BGs where i can kill someone and be killed and actually have fun. Arena is just full of depressed, long, tedious, boring, grinds for gear that will only be good in arenas, a mount, if you're part of the 0.5%, that has nothing to do with arena, and a cool title. You will still get wtfpwned by a caster in PvE gear in a BG.