Frost mages and Rogues

Ok, so heres what i've been noticing. When a mage iceblocks, he/she receives a 30 second debuff called Hypothermia. This prevents the mage from iceblocking again for that duration. All frost mages have Cold Snap, which finishes the cooldown on ur frost abilities just like a rogues Preparation finishes the cooldown on his/her abilities. Hypothermia prevents a double iceblock, whereas the rogue can chain his abilities without any debuff, allowing for some serious survivability/damage. I would like to see rogues get a similar debuff after using vanish or cloak of shadows , or take away Hypothermia. Comment away ^^

Re: Frost mages and Rogues

Wait wait, they gave rogues an ability to stop all incoming Dmg? Ill have to see my trainer about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Chér
    Wait wait, they gave rogues an ability to stop all incoming Dmg? Ill have to see my trainer about this...
    Offensive abilities are more powerful than defensive ones. I never really understood how 2x iceblock is OP but apparently some people think it is. 1v1 that's the only way to keep up with a rogue's cooldown spam.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Serious survivability huh. Try playing a rogue in 5's. Even with 2 healers on us, once were outa stealth, one bleed is all it takes and we go squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejay
    Ok, so heres what i've been noticing. When a mage iceblocks, he/she receives a 30 second debuff called Hypothermia. This prevents the mage from iceblocking again for that duration. All frost mages have Cold Snap, which finishes the cooldown on ur frost abilities just like a rogues Preparation finishes the cooldown on his/her abilities. Hypothermia prevents a double iceblock, whereas the rogue can chain his abilities without any debuff, allowing for some serious survivability/damage. I would like to see rogues get a similar debuff after using vanish or cloak of shadows , or take away Hypothermia. Comment away ^^
    Hypothermia was more of a last ditch solution Blizzard didn't want to have to resort to and they probably don't want to do it with other classes if possible.

I think the better solution to keeping rogues from using multiple powerful cooldowns in rapid conjunction would be to add energy costs to abilities like sprint, vanish, evasion and clos. Make rogues actually have to think about managing their resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    Offensive abilities are more powerful than defensive ones. I never really understood how 2x iceblock is OP but apparently some people think it is. 1v1 that's the only way to keep up with a rogue's cooldown spam.
    Beast Mastery hunters in the burning crusade the only way we could survive was beastial wrath and that was after we forced an ice block
    the problem was mages would just re-ice block after.

id like to see cloak and sprint unable to be used at the same time but thats it.

shared category cooldown like trinkets.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

i'd like to see bubble and holy light/flash of light not be able to use at the same time but thats it.

Shared category cooldown like trinkets.

Since every single other class (cept dks, fuck dks) Can't cast or dmg during their immunity CD's
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Hypothermia was more of a last ditch solution Blizzard didn't want to have to resort to and they probably don't want to do it with other classes if possible.

I think the better solution to keeping rogues from using multiple powerful cooldowns in rapid conjunction would be to add energy costs to abilities like sprint, vanish, evasion and clos. Make rogues actually have to think about managing their resource.
    arcane mages and palas have the shame kind of crap

15+ Year Old Account

only change i'd like to see is ice floes or cold as ice reduce the duration of hypothermia. don't see how that would be too OP.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    id like to see cloak and sprint unable to be used at the same time but thats it.

shared category cooldown like trinkets.
    So you mean, it's ok to be kited to japan and back? Especially by deathtards which can kite us indefinitely anyway.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!