Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Remove Arena, replace it with this:

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    i agree 100% with the removing honor from kills , put it all on win/loss. got so bored of muppets in the middle farming HK's
    This, with a few spelling corrections i put in

While I don't agree with removing arenas, I really really like this idea and would love to see it get implemented.... or see blizzard coming up with something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

To previous poster, I do enjoy 3 shotting allies, and its really easy when they have bad gear

To butcher, I remember playing vanilla wow, and taking out rogues in epics with me in blues (and my only 2 purples were the Don Julio ring and the Unstoppable Force) because of the way classes were designed. Also, I loved how I can kill multiple allies quite easily back then. Now its murder to get down even a few healers, yet alone do a 1v2, 1v3.

Anyways, people just have to accept the fact that the game is not balanced around a 1v1 or 2v2. Arena is incredibly fun once you get into it, and its an easy place to meet people that are worthy foes. It must be boring to many people (I have near 30k kills, divided between my druid/lock/pally) to mow down unskilled characters in heroic gear, then all of a sudden meet a Furious 3v3 team, try your best, then get stomped. However, BG adds the fact that you have a lot more team members. Its like trading in the skilled party members you roll with (and might know in real life) in your 3v3/5v5 team, and replacing them with bad to great players randomly chosen. However, with so many more allies, it is far easier for nearly every spec to shine since you have back up. It even is a place to have fun with PvE gear here or there.

In my opinion, adding a "ladder" battleground ladder, maybe with its own unique rewards would be great if it was like...its own section of the game. Think of it as a "BG ARENA." If its 15v15 I doubt that people are going to be arguing about class dynamics or saying "rogues are op" or "i can't kill that disc priest" etc. You leave the normal BG's, so you can farm experience (if you are pre 80, and once the patch comes out obviously), or you can farm honor in the normal bgs (and marks). However, it would be cool to like get together with a few of your guildies and try WSG (10v10) and see how high you can pump your rating. And maybe make special level PVP items that say would be equivalent to something Arthas might drop that need a certain arena/wsg/av/ab/sota and that new bg's rating as well.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this as well, but this can open up the door to many a PvP guild as well. Run your 3's and 5's teams to qualify for the weapons, then get together with the whole gang and run premades. But instead of just farming some marks, you can also increase your "BG" ranking as well. Just sounds like an interesting concept that blizzard should at least attempt. Also, I don't know about most people, but it is really fun to play against allies that are not idiots and actually try to take points/flags from you and stuff. Challenges = fun game in my opinion.

I don't do BGs, because when I go in, I play to win. Not enough people do that to make it fun. If even half the time I went into a BG I was with a team that was playing to cap the flag/control the points/whatever and not just farm honor, I'd play BGs way more often. There's just no incentive to try and win for a lot of the people that I see doing BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    Was reading all the "ditch arena" comments on the "what would you change" thread. Arena isnt bad, but what kind of battleground system would we have if arena didnt exist? One with a ranked system? One where you went in to HAVE FUN and to WIN rather than to grind honor? Maybe where you wouldnt hear "let them win, I want to get my mark and move on"?

TL;DR

(1) More honor for winning, completing objectives, etc. None for kills.
    (2) When a BG ends, you can choose to 'requeue with this group'.
    (3) Three tier levels per BG queue: the green, blue, and purple tiers. Winning promotes you / your team to the higher tiers, which are worth more honor. (see next post for more info)
    (4) On BG holidays, an orange tier for that BG becomes available. Winning at orange gives access to top gear.

Full story, explanation, FAQs, etc at:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...n4LQnQEcEAFGhu
    no thanks.

i see why you want this but dont replace arena with it
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Best PvP Idea I've ever heard.
    Signed.

Do this, and do it now!

But don't replace Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    If Blizzard wants to get people interested in BGs again (which they do)
    I have a great amount of difficulty believing a company is "interested" in something where you have massive glaring problems that take almost a year to fix.

There's a difference between doing and stepping up the lip service. Feels more like the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Soowoo

Top arena teams don't do it for the gear, they do it cause its fun.
    LOL cause it's fun to win 1 pt and lose 25 right.

Top arena teams ONLY play for gladiator title/mount. There is no other reason. Once they get a high enough rating to get gladiator, they quit until season ends or unless a team bumps them out of the spot.

15+ Year Old Account

In my honest opinion that is just a bad idea. I do agree that standing in the middle of wsg and killing people is mildly retarded. However only giving stuff to the winner seems lopsided and on servers where population will sway in large to one faction it's downright unfair. The way I always saw it was wsg, ab, and eots were for winning playing it out and grabbing those marks. Av is for honor but with wintersgrasp giving 10k honor a pop who needs to farm honor in bgs.....Get in, win, get your marks, reque.

Arena doesn't have to be ditched for them to make bg's better. Arena is the most skill based pvp in the game and this difference wouldn't change that.

Just to clarify, the original poster on the WoW forums DIDNT suggest ditching Arena... that was just my eye catcher and personal opinion

Blizzard has stated that they want ranked BGs, and this is probably the best way to do it. If you read the details of the linked post, you'll see that winning gives MORE honor, but losers get SOME honor. You also get honor by completing objectives each round.

Also, if you support this change to BGs (while keeping Arena) copy my sig for your posts on this forum and/or the WoW forum to get it some much needed attention.

A great idea indeed, I like it alot.

Since alot of ppl dont like arena/bg and they think that it destroys the PvE side of the game why not do it like this.

When you enter a bg/arena/wg game all your stats/spells are changed into pvp stats and so on.. if they would do this the PvE side of the game would never ever get hurt from pvp..

Quote Originally Posted by Craz
    LOL cause it's fun to win 1 pt and lose 25 right.

Top arena teams ONLY play for gladiator title/mount. There is no other reason. Once they get a high enough rating to get gladiator, they quit until season ends or unless a team bumps them out of the spot.
    oh you are so wrong.. almost every person which is high rated I know are doing it only for fun. yes they stop if they are by Gladiator then they log on alts and still do for fun.. not for gear and titles.. many people really enjoy Arena.

PvP and PvE are two completely different sides of this game.

every thread of suggestion/ideas/changes regarding PvP translates into a "you QQ PvE noob gtfo".

the same way goes for suggestion/ideas/changes regarding PvE translates into a "you QQ PvP noob gtfo".

PvE: if you like it it's fine, if you don't like it don't play it and stop calling PvErs noobs. it's a different skill involved (coordination of a big group, having clear the role you have, work of the raid leader to manage different raid setups and so on).

PvP: if you like it it's fine, if you don't like it don't play it and stop calling PvPrs noobs. PvP is about fast reflexes, and a good adaptation to sudden changes.

remove arena? why? ok it's unbalanced, but who likes it should continue to play it.
    anyway i agree to the changes to the BGs, because now mindless zerg pays more over a tactic playing. but someone will say "PvP is killing other faction's player"...do arena for that imho. BGs should reward team cooperation, not GYs farming.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted

Errr how about they make a big BG of just 40v40, first team to get 100 kills wins or something.... Dps is important, healers are important, tanks are important... Whats wrong with that?

Im sick of all this "give honour for objectives and not for killing other players" - THE MEANING OF PVP IS PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER - PEOPLE PLAY PVP TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE... Objectives are for quests, not for PVP.

In PvE youre fighting NPCs and the environment, this is where objectives should be used. PvP is based around your faction against the other faction.. Not your faction against the environment in which that BG is set in (eg.. capping flags, holding bases, killings generals).

Arena is the only true pvp, and if they were gonna replace that they need an actual PVP battleground.

I like arenas. Ofc, isnt 100% balance, we have OP combos and weak combos, and what? I dont play it for titles, or gear, but for fun. Gear is minor (pleasant) thing.
    I will play arenas without rewards with default (uncusotmizable) charakters too.

BG isnt bad, but what happen if u die? nothing, wait 1-30s for ress... :P
    without arenas I say WoW "good bye".

i like the idea (dont take arena out though)

my only problem with it is that it night increase the number of people going afk in bg until its over. i like the idea overall though